KingN

[SP/CO12] Dynamic Campaign/Mission - The Forgotten Few 2

The Forgotten Few 2

The Forgotten Few 2 is the successor to the original Arma 2 Dynamic Campaign The Forgotten Few for Arma 3, with new and extended features, new content and improved scripting.

Features

• Play as the Platoon Commander of a quick reaction special force
  • Dynamic Campaign with progress measured in progress points
  • Optionally a Single-scenario mission of your choice
  • Plan your missions and execute them from the insertion to extraction
  • Ambient enemies and civilians
  • Single-player or Co-op in multiplayer
  • Attention to detail
  • Unlimited replayability
  • Available in different versions, please see the authors collection

Media

1.jpg14.jpg
15.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg6.jpg
4.jpg12.jpg
9.jpg13.jpg
11.jpg

Required Addons

Vanilla version of the mission don't use any mods.

For the mod versions, all the listed mods need to be installed and updated to the last available for the mission to work correctly:

• CUP Terrains - Core 
  • CUP Terrains - Maps 2.0
  • CUP Units 
  • CUP Vehicles 
  • CUP Weapons 
  • RHS AFRF 
  • RHS GREF 
  • RHS SAF 
  • RHS USAF
  • CBA_A3

Downloads

Altis - NATO

This is a vanilla version that doesn't require any mods.

Available player factions:

• NATO: CTRG Group 14

Available enemy factions:

• AAF Revolutionists

Steam Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2008673542

Altis - Russian Federation

• VDV detachment
  • VDV detachment Desert

• Eastern European Separatists
  • Balkan Irregulars
  • Western PMC
  • Middle Eastern Insurgents

Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849427956

Chernarus - Russian Federation

• VDV detachment
  • Spetsnaz GRU (1990s era)

• Balkan Irregulars
  • Western PMC
  • Caucasian Nationalists (1990s era)

Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849478415

Altis - USA

• USSOCOM - Marine Raiders

• Balkan Irregulars
  • Western PMC
  • Middle Eastern Insurgents

Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229640757

Chernarus - USA

• USSOCOM - Marine Raiders

• Balkan Irregulars
  • Western PMC

Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300518165

Change Notes

See the change notes from the Steam Workshop link of the corresponding mission version.

Donations

PayPal: The Forgotten Few Donation

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Great news! My favorite mission in A2 played SP / MP , I remember the transport team the place where the ambush during landing pilot Mi17 powerful volley from the edge of the forest FFAR swept around :) Good luck and perseverance in porting mission.

Sorry for my english, Uncle Google a little helped me in writing :mellow: 

Cool... Im really looking forward to see your mission ready ^^ ;)

The campaign has taken a good step forward, updated the first post. The campaign now plays both on Chernarus and Altis with some individual parameters, few nice new features have been added, further improvements on scripts have been implemented and I will take a look on getting the multiplayer code working next. I think the side missions is a feature that could be implemented afterwards, as the campaign is very playable without them, but I will take a look into it when the campaign is near finished for the initial release. I would love to record and upload some gameplay footage but time put on it is away from finishing the campaign.

Still looking for more native English voice actors for the US faction though. I will probably release the initial version of the campaign without the US faction, but getting some voice actors beforehand will ensure keeping the ball rolling after other project milestones have been reached. So please, if you enjoy doing voices, send a PM and participate in making this upcoming beauty!

• Like 4

how are you doing with a mission?

Great! I'm testing the campaign at the moment, trying not to add much anything new until I have the campaign working both in SP and MP for initial release. Been playing it in MP with few friends and and it's been a blast, apart from few minor bugs that I hope I have sorted out. It still needs some more testing before it is ready for release. I updated the roadmap, but the features left at 0-10% will be left for future versions of the campaign, which is very playable the way it is now.

Still, I need voice actors for the future US special forces faction. If anyone with decent sounding American accent is interested, please send me a PM!

• Like 3

I've only just heard about this mission (I somehow missed it when I used to play ArmA II), it sounds like it's going to be absolutely amazing! 

Can't wait to play it on MP with my buddies.

I have made a lot of progress improving stuff, fixing bugs implementing a proper working (hopefully) JIP system, letting JIP players spectate an on-going mission (in the same way as dead players) and join the platoon as soon as the mission has been finished. JIP players may also join the platoon instantly during mission planning phase. I recall Arma 2 version of the campaign having problems with JIP as I implemented the whole MP code afterwards and JIP was left unfinished, so this is sorted out now. I have also created a new enemy faction. Now there are Caucasian Nationalists with Russian/Soviet style weapons and outfits, and as a new faction, Balkan Irregulars which are a bit more Western style combatants with weapons and apparel fitting the Balkan region. Vehicles are however mostly the same Russian/Soviet equpiment.

However, after the 1.62 patch a severe issue has emerged. I have problems with FPS dropping down to 1-5 soon after starting campaign in SP and MP hosting, especially in missions with more units, and I'm 95% sure it's not caused by my scripts as I have checked active scripts during this episode multiple times. Only way to play this is hosting a dedicated server and playing as a client in it. This is a huge bummer, and I'm active searching for the cause of this. I've heard about other people also having FPS issues with the latest patch and hopefully there will be a fix soonish. I have postponed the release of this campaign until then. Meanwhile I'll continue my work on this and might add more improvements/features.

• Like 5

how to progress with the mission?The release soon? 

Like I stated in my last post, I'm still waiting for 1.64 patch that will hopefully fix the problem I'm having since Apex patch came out. I've had a break from editing meanwhile, although I do have looked a bit into the side missions feature and some work on a third enemy faction: Western PMC, which features all-western weapons and vehicles, along with enemies with western mercenary look.

• Like 7

Just wanted to say good luck with everything. The original has been one of my all-time favorite experiences with ArmA 2. Here's to hoping all the kinks with the new updates will work out. Thanks for the hard work

• Like 1

I have mostly overcome the problems I've had. I haven't had LOD or low FPS problems, but now the game keeps crashing when saving the game during this mission, apparently caused by memory problems the game has suffered from, let's hope BIS keeps working on it. Still better than before as I haven't experienced other problems apart from a couple of minor ones with the scripts than I can solve with tweeks.

I'm glad to tell that I have started working on the mission once again, and I've got few more people to help me with voice acting and other tasks. As long as BIS keeps fixing the memory problems and no new problems emerge the initial release shouldn't take that long anymore.

• Like 9

Hi KingN.

I loved your Forgotten Few ARMA 2 version. Looking forward to A3 version.

I've again worked hard on the mission during the last month or two. I have implemented something big that hasn't been seen in the mission before: randomly generated territories. The map is divided into 1km x 1km sectors the player and enemy side fight over. The enemy territories are randomly generated for each campaign and the situation progresses over the course of the campaign. The mission simulates a winning war scenario, where the enemy territories shrink down after each mission. Instead of throwing a random mission at you, three balanced missions are pre-generated (taking the territories and borders into account), from which the player/platoon commander may choose the most interesting one. This territory feature also comes with new ambient enemies, infantry and vehicles, that are spawned in enemy territories in a similar way as ambient civilians, having memory points and spawning and despawning around players and friendly support vehicles. These enemies are not connected to the mission, so crossing an enemy territory without a proper reason is not wise. The aim of the territory and ambient enemy system is to offer new tactical elements for missions and bring more life to the campaign world. After so long and with so little pics and footage, I believe I owe you something to show. Below you can see a video of the starting phase of a campaign to get a picture how The Forgotten Few 2 works. Sorry for that static buzz in the background, have to check what's causing it in my end.

I'm also happy to inform that the memory leaks/problems I had with the mission and game before seems to be gone, especially with the new 64-bit executable. It was the main reason releasing the mission has taken time. The planned release of the mission? The mission has almost taken it's final form before the initial release and is going through a new testing phase, fixing the bugs the new territory update has caused and improving few things here and there. I'm also waiting for the next RHS update to add any new toys and assets in. Apart from that I doubt I will add anything other new worth mentioning so the release should not postpone anymore, but can't give any specific date. The more you wait, the more finalized mission you get to play.

• Like 8

This is great great news!
Shall spend hours and hours playing this like the good old days.

I can help with English (American) voices.
My mic not so good, so need to send a sample file if you are interested.

23 hours ago, virtualvikingx said:

Can the mission be played on for example Chernarus?

The mission uses library files, and every Terrain uses their own WorldLibrary.sqf, containing Terrain specific attributes. I originally started porting the mission using Chernarus, but switched to Altis once I got a working enough version ready. The Chernarus version will surely be released but I will first have to update the Chernarus version and test it. I think I'll first release only Altis version and later the Chernarus one, we will see.

I have also plans to release special 90's style retro factions for the Chernarus version that fit the terrain type, MVD for Russians and Caucasian Nationalists (the caucasian faction I mentioned before are now named "Eastern European Speparatists" and the appearance is also modified) for the enemy to have sort of the same theme as the original The Forgotten Few.

• Like 5