SPC.Spets

Is there any way to remove the annoying interaction icon off the middle of the screen

I also tried with the alpha transparency for the active elements, but... it also makes transparent the ammo, fire rate, grenade selection type, thing.

veteran/elite does not remove that icon either

IMO there should be an option to move it, or remove completely. We already have the interaction menu, as you can see also in the picture, top left corner.

why I don't like it? well is very immersion breaking for me some times, I like to play Arma almost with nothing on the HUD screen

rLTtWTP.jpg

• Like 3

I agree, and what I hate about this icon, is that it always comes up when your clip is empty and you need to reload.

This is especially annoying when you are a sniper. Most times when sniping you spend ages between each bullet trying to get a good shot on a target. Sometimes IRL you pull the trigger, only to realise you have no bullets left (like that scene from The Hurt Locker). In Arma vanilla this situation wouldn't be possible due to the annoying icon that comes up telling you that you are out of bullets.

Hello, it's very easy and i am sure that you can do it yourself :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168353-uicorrections-suite/page-2#entry2656185

Full code if you want, just remove your key assigned from the "Use default action" in your CONTROLS options,

copy/past in a notepad, change "elite_noicon" if you want, save as "config.cpp" and put it in a folder,

name it as you want,make a pbo with ArmA3 Tools, sign it if you want :

class CfgPatches {
	class elite_noicon {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};
	};
};

class CfgInGameUI {

class DefaultAction {
		size = "(			(			(			((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 0)";
	};
};
Edited by j3aleine
  • Like 3

You can also do this per action - if you want to leave some of them untouched :

class CfgActions {
	class None;
	class FirstAid : None {
		showWindow = 0;
		textDefault = "";
	};
	class HealSoldierSelf : None {
		showWindow = 0;
		textDefault = "";
	};
	class HealSoldier : None {
		showWindow = 0;
		textDefault = "";
	};
};
  • Like 1

Maybe Im doing something wrong but it didn't worked :/

ok, this works great client side, so is there a way to integrate this into my 'server.Arma3Profile' to make it a server setting?   -without having to use it as a required addon?   -or run it sqf within a mission?

There is certainly a way but i am not scripter, i don't know how to do that, sorry.

ok, this works great client side, so is there a way to integrate this into my 'server.Arma3Profile' to make it a server setting?   -without having to use it as a required addon?   -or run it sqf within a mission?

If it relies on config changes then no, all clients will need the addon.

Yea, I'm thinking it can't be handled that way. I played around with it some last night, but had no success. Looks like difficulty settings are set up to either remove the entire hud completely or not at all.

I especially liked J3aleine pbo that removes just the ammo count from the weapon hud. Very cool.  Just wish I could make it a global difficulty for the server.

The action meniu system and the use of icons feels very old and outdated. It creates many flaws and for me personally - often disturbs gameplay and immersion. Dslyecxi made an interesting video about it few years ago to adress the issue, but it looks it haven't improved since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Ve4PJQhjY

The action icons were as far as I know, introduced in the original ArmA. However they fail miserably and should be removed all together. All they serve is to clutter your screen (more over the aiming point) with useless information.

On 4/15/2016 at 10:46 AM, Laid3acK said:

Hello, it's very easy and i am sure that you can do it yourself :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168353-uicorrections-suite/page-2#entry2656185

Full code if you want, just remove your key assigned from the "Use default action" in your CONTROLS options,

copy/past in a notepad, change "elite_noicon" if you want, save as "config.cpp" and put it in a folder,

name it as you want,make a pbo with ArmA3 Tools, sign it if you want :

class CfgPatches {
	class elite_noicon {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};
	};
};

class CfgInGameUI {

class DefaultAction {
		size = "(			(			(			((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 0)";
	};
};

is it the same as your tinny mod?

On 5/9/2021 at 11:20 PM, blackburnrus said:

is it the same as your tinny mod?

Sorry, i just seen your notification.

Yes, exactly the same thing that this one.