Sign in to follow this  
cyrilfiggis

[SP][Campaign][CUP][AAFR] East Wind 2020

Hello All!

I am here to announce the development of the East Wind 2020 campaign for ArmA 3. This is an edit of the existing Bohemia Interactive campaigns "Prologue" and "East Wind". The campaign will replace the vanilla ArmA 3 units with assets from both the CUP and ALFR. As a tasty treat for you today, and in celebration of this announcement, I would like to present for your gaming pleasure "Prologue 2020", the edit of the Prologue campaign. Please let me know of any bugs that you encounter, and I hope you enjoy!

Update 1
I repacked the Prologue Campaign as a mod. This will make the conversion process much easier for me, and all future updates/additions will be given under this mod. It will also allow me to make an attempt at cleanly converting the Single Player showcases and multiplayer game modes.

The mod replaces the Arma 3 campaigns in the menu (right now it is just the Prologue). Any campaign that it replaces has the suffix 2020 appended to the end of the Campaign Name. However, the mission will retain the same name. All units at this point should be swapped with the exception of the AAF Officer, which will not be replaced as I have no replacement for it. You will also notice that the RCO scope appears quite often. I have had a hard time tracking down the code that does this, but I will issue a fix when I find it.

At this point, the Bootcamp campaign should be at it's final state with the exception of the RCO bug, so please report any and all anomalies!

Patch Notes
* Converted the first mission in the campaign
* Replaced Vanilla AAF engineers with ALRF riflemen (thanks to angrybagel for the bug report)
* Fixed the sniper/spotter team in the Diplomatic Relations (thanks to angrybagel for the bug report)

Notes
* I would like to thank the teams for both the CUP and ALFR, as well as BI, for making this possible.
* I take no liability yada yada yada.....

Download

* Mega

Installation instructions

* Unzip the @EastWind2020 folder and place it in your root ArmA3 directory
* Use the mods panel on the launcher to include the East Wind 2020 mod.

Requirements
* CUP
* ALFR

History

Hi All!

I am here to announce the development of the East Wind 2020 campaign for ArmA 3. This is an edit of the existing Bohemia Interactive campaigns "Prologue" and "East Wind". The campaign will replace the vanilla ArmA 3 units with assets from both the CUP and ALFR. As a tasty treat for you today, and in celebration of this announcement, I would like to present for your gaming pleasure "Prologue 2020", the edit of the Prologue campaign. Please let me know of any bugs that you encounter, and I hope you enjoy!

Notes
* You will not note much change in the first mission. Continue playing through; you will see unit swaps or your money back!
* I would like to thank the teams for both the CUP and ALFR, as well as BI, for making this possible.
* I take no liability yada yada yada.....

Download
* mega

* Take the pbo and place it in your ArmA3/Campaigns folder. If you do not have a Campaigns folder at the root directory of your ArmA3 install, make one.

Requirements
* CUP
* ALFR

Looks great-i'll give it a go.Are you planning on replacing the whole campaign?

I'll post some screenshots and gameplay this afternoon. Possibly along-side some of the Showcase Scenarios :ph34r:.

The main campaign conversion is coming along nicely; the only bump so far has been getting the hubs to work, but I think I almost have it sorted.

I am using a Python script to automate the conversion process. If people are interested, I may slap a GUI on it and release it.

• Like 1

I'll post some screenshots and gameplay this afternoon. Possibly along-side some of the Showcase Scenarios :ph34r:.

The main campaign conversion is coming along nicely; the only bump so far has been getting the hubs to work, but I think I almost have it sorted.

I am using a Python script to automate the conversion process. If people are interested, I may slap a GUI on it and release it.

Most definitely, I already thought about doing such thing myself and replace the vanilla units in the campaign with custom ones, just for private enjoyment.

• Like 2

Had a quick go earlier, looks good, but I found some bugs.

As you leave the starting area to look for the AAF unit west of Syrta, one of the loitering AAF is wearing the green uniform.

In Diplomatic Relations, the sniper spotter team on the roof are still using future weapons. 

Once the cut scene at the start of Diplomatic Relations is over, I stayed on the roof instead of teleporting to the helicopter.

mBSuOTC.png?1

Had a quick go earlier, looks good, but I found some bugs.

As you leave the starting area to look for the AAF unit west of Syrta, one of the loitering AAF is wearing the green uniform.

In Diplomatic Relations, the sniper spotter team on the roof are still using future weapons. 

Once the cut scene at the start of Diplomatic Relations is over, I stayed on the roof instead of teleporting to the helicopter.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look! I have not had the cut scene bug, but I'll try to reproduce it on my end.

Hello All!

Sorry for the late update. I repacked the Prologue Campaign as a mod. This will make the conversion process much easier for me, and all future updates/additions will be given under this mod. It will also allow me to make an attempt at cleanly converting the Single Player showcases and multiplayer game modes.

The mod replaces the Arma 3 campaigns in the menu (right now it is just the Prologue). Any campaign that it replaces has the suffix 2020 appended to the end of the Campaign Name. However, the mission will retain the same name. All units at this point should be swapped with the exception of the AAF Officer, which will not be replaced as I have no replacement for it. You will also notice that the RCO scope appears quite often. I have had a hard time tracking down the code that does this, but I will issue a fix when I find it.

At this point, the Bootcamp campaign should be at it's final state with the exception of the RCO bug, so please report any and all anomalies!

Patch Notes

* Converted the first mission in the campaign

* Replaced Vanilla AAF engineers with ALRF riflemen (thanks to angrybagel for the bug report)

* Fixed the sniper/spotter team in the Diplomatic Relations (thanks to angrybagel for the bug report)

Download

* Mega

* Unzip the @EastWind2020 folder and place it in your root ArmA3 directory

* Use the mods panel on the launcher to include the East Wind 2020 mod.