vibrationnc

Please fix the Memory Crashing

OMG.. The game is unplayable since the last update! I cannot go a 3 hour session without the damn game crashing at least 3 times!This was not a problem until after the last update!!!!

I have sent reports and support tickets and NOBODY has replied!

I have 3k hours played and the last few hundred makes we want to Stop Playing Arma.

Edited by R0adki11
removed capitals, and excessive punctuation

OMG.. The game is unplayable since the last update! I cannot go a 3 hour session without the damn game crashing at least 3 times!This was not a problem until after the last update!!!!

I have sent reports and support tickets and NOBODY has replied!

I have 3k hours played and the last few hundred makes we want to Stop Playing Arma.

Your post has been edited to remove the excessive punctuation and capitalisation. 

If you tell use your system specification and provide a copy of your .rpt file when the crashes happen. Then that will help use understand your issue better. 

• Like 3

Your post has been edited to remove the excessive punctuation and capitalisation. 

If you tell use your system specification and provide a copy of your .rpt file when the crashes happen. Then that will help use understand your issue better. 

Ok I have the file.. where to post it? Upload it to..I see no attach option. I have sent these in the past thru email with NO reply. I have just sent an email again.. with the rpt zip file to support@bistudio.com 

I am having these crashes also.

At first I thought they were related to overlays or overclocking. 

I set my CPU and GPU back to default clocks, disabled steam overlay, disabled playsTV and AMD Gaming Evolved, disabled all mods, uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times, both on my SSD and HDD.

The crashes are still happening. Sometimes its just a graphics crash, I can alt tab or task manager out and rerun it. Other times I get white artifact dots on screen before it finally blacks out, and I have to hard restart my entire PC.

This has only started happening over the past 4 or so days.

I thought this was an issue with my PC or me alone but seeing this post, it appears not.

Last friday I noticed a new update, not sure what it did, but my performance was uncharacteristically bad, especially considering the previous update had things running so well.

I've experienced a few crashes, but I simply haven't been playing it in earnest for long periods of time because I'm not satisfied with the performance enough to do so now.

Mine's been crashing at random I never know when it's going to do that and it just stops without any explanation says ARMA 3 has stopped working and makes a file then I save it out.  I have quite a few of those but have never done anything about it.  Think maybe it is a memory problem.  Thought I would see if there's anyone here who has any ideas what the cause of it is.  Booted up fresh start of the day to finish a mission to share on Steam and made some changes in the editor to the mission and boom! down it went.  Lost all my changes.

I run a pair of Z97 computers on my LAN custom built.  16 gig of RAM.  Nvidia 970 video cards.  SSD on my C / OS drives.  Very fast.  Windows 10.

Could be worth trying a different memory allocator...

In the ARMA launcher click on Paramaters > Advanced tab and find the 'Malloc' option

Try one of these at a time:

tbb3malloc_bi

tbb4malloc_bi

jemalloc_bi

tcmalloc_bi

nedmalloc_bi

I am having these crashes also.

At first I thought they were related to overlays or overclocking. 

I set my CPU and GPU back to default clocks, disabled steam overlay, disabled playsTV and AMD Gaming Evolved, disabled all mods, uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times, both on my SSD and HDD.

The crashes are still happening. Sometimes its just a graphics crash, I can alt tab or task manager out and rerun it. Other times I get white artifact dots on screen before it finally blacks out, and I have to hard restart my entire PC.

This has only started happening over the past 4 or so days.

I thought this was an issue with my PC or me alone but seeing this post, it appears not.

Exactly sometimes it's just go to task manager and restart the game sometimes you have to hard restart your computer.

Has there been a viable solution for the memory read/write crashing? Back in 1.64 I managed to reduce the number of said crashes to 1 in 2-3h. I recently got back to the game, and no matter which 1.66 profiling build that I try, the game randomly crashes within 5 - 40min of joining a server. I play Exile mostly.

Curiously, I'm crashing far more while editing in 3D view (eden) than in game. Same mods like Unsung or CUP or RHS. CUP seems the "cleanest" in regard of report file. I always discard all unused mods. But the "2Go mem overflow", if i'm right, occurs after 10 to 30 minutes in Eden. (Far better if I edit in 2D but not a solution for placement of objects). Too much tree/object animations on Tanoa or UNSUNG Viet terrain?

You could be onto something, but I've only purchased Apex during the Christmas sale, so I haven't logged onto a Chernarus server or in the editor. But overall, 1.66 patch on Tanoa has been a thorn in my side... If you're interested in reading about my pain in-detail, check here.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, das attorney said:

Read dev branch updates for 64 bit version of game.  Resolves crashes for me.

what is the link? I updated to the Dev branch version to see if their was still crashing, and wouldn't you know it the damn game crashed.

I'm running a i5 6600 3.2 gig boosted to 4gigs with 16 gigs ram and a GTX1070 not once did a hit the temp or power limits to cause a card crash.

4 hours ago, jmayr2000 said:

what is the link? I updated to the Dev branch version to see if their was still crashing, and wouldn't you know it the damn game crashed.

I'm running a i5 6600 3.2 gig boosted to 4gigs with 16 gigs ram and a GTX1070 not once did a hit the temp or power limits to cause a card crash.

https://dev.arma3.com/

You know, it would help not to be rude at BI developers, they are constantly working to make the game better.

Instead of crying here on the forums you could've posted your rpt file here on the forums to help resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Don't get me wrong, it's okay to report bugs and crashes, just not to be too rude about it.

15 hours ago, Rodrigo Laureano Ferreira said:

I have the same issue ! It began in those days. The game was normal by then. I think it was the last update.

If you want to play the game, reverting back to 'stable' branch should help.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, XerXesCZ said:

https://dev.arma3.com/

You know, it would help not to be rude at BI developers, they are constantly working to make the game better.

Instead of crying here on the forums you could've posted your rpt file here on the forums to help resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Don't get me wrong, it's okay to report bugs and crashes, just not to be too rude about it.

that's my sarcastic side not my rude one.

Just now, jmayr2000 said:

that's my sarcastic side not my rude one.

Okay, are you on 'dev' branch?

downloading the files now, but I think it wont change the issue, plus I cannot play online