bis_iceman

Visual Upgrade – Feedback

Yes, he's poking fun at people by showing takistan with its original lighting, also mentioning Everon which dates back to Operation Flashpoint.

Haha! Yeah reading it again...slowly...I see it's definitely sarcasm. Man it's crazy what your brain assumes when you have a propensity of fearing for the worst. :( Takistan looks so unbelievably awful right now it was like I was looking for a reason to believe it would always be that way.

My bad guys. Carry on.

• Like 1

And don't even get me started on Everon!

Everon looks pretty good with the new lighting... and i would rather use OFP terrains than A3 (vanilla) ones.

Everon looks pretty good with the new lighting... and i would rather use OFP terrains than A3 (vanilla) ones.

Well, there's no accounting for taste

Tanoa seems to have greatly improved night lighting (increased aperture?), everything is not pitch black, especially when the moon is up. I hope these changes get backported to Altis/Stratis which are still extremely dark at night.

• Like 2

Tanoa seems to have greatly improved night lighting (increased aperture?), everything is not pitch black, especially when the moon is up. I hope these changes get backported to Altis/Stratis which are still extremely dark at night.

The real jungle at night is pitch black, with no ambient light getting through the thick canopy above. ;)

The real jungle at night is pitch black, with no ambient light getting through the thick canopy above

Your point being?

It's indeed pitch black in the jungle on a moonlit night on Tanoa. The parts of Tanoa that aren't jungle are significantly brighter. On Altis/Stratis, it's much darker no matter what. The night sky and stars are darker too, which makes me think it might be an aperture thing that's changed. 

• Like 3

How i said before new lighting is not why i bought arma if it will be peresnt on tanoa expansion i will stop playing arma i will drop few tears but i really cant handle new design of arma im very frustrated. I know lot of u like it so enjoy it guys but for me 1. 60 killed arma.

I was not a particular fan of the new lighting when it first dropped either. But, Tanoa appears to have been built with the new lighting in mind and IMHO the two work very well together. Slightly less so for Altis/Stratis, and sometimes significantly less so for pre A3 and many 3rd party terrains. I wouldn't give up on Arma, I'm sure there's plenty of tweaking left to do by the devs, and lighting configs to over-ride by modders!  

• Like 1

You can't do that !!! Cup maps are properly configured and still look like sh...t ! Read my posts pls. I've spent hours of tweaking it even with reshade, NO GO !!!

I demand buton OFF/ON.

Just let dev know that from my 15 ppl arma team me and only one guy still play Arma 3, other 13 pl are back to Arma 2 because of such a crazy changes giving no option to enable/disable it.

I was defending A3 devs for a long time but now I'm out of any arguments. We played CUP maps that fit in today's conflicts, not some paradise islands... None of that team is going to buy any DLC for A3 anymore..., including myself. I'm very, very disappointed...

Making demands and blackmail threats are not the way to get anywhere. 

once again-to everyone on this increasingly toxic thread.

This is for FEEDBACK-not whinging, fighting, attacking each other or anything else. I will have no problem removing peoples posting rights if this continues.

• Like 2

OKay-are my posts invisible? The next post that is not DIRECT feedback will have their posting abilities suspended.

• Like 7

Besides the lighting and colours, I've noticed another thing after latest update. I'm using a 16:9 screen en it seems the update created situations that I can't see the whole menu at certain points.

Is it me or have more people noticed this?

Besides the lighting and colours, I've noticed another thing after latest update. I'm using a 19:1 screen en it seems the update created situations that I can't see the whole menu at certain points.

The only other post I saw that might be relavant was here.

PS: I don't know what version of Arma he's using.

Besides the lighting and colours, I've noticed another thing after latest update. I'm using a 16:9 screen en it seems the update created situations that I can't see the whole menu at certain points.

I have cutted mods list loaded in main menu, and Weapon Info in every vehicle is moved out of screen, after changing layout position.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117641

Yes i just noticed this too. The weapon info for vehicles is offset by the space the stance indicator takes for infantry weapon info

Any way to fix it? I managed to get it right down corner. Also i'm thinking of changing the command bar - for example using RHS or BWmod resoulting big part of tanks and apc's FCS is completly covered by command bar, moving it to upper part of screen resoult's covering the vehicle's radar (in those mods you have stripe radar, that cannot be moved).

There has been a lot of posts regarding the lighting, but I've had some z-fighting and texture LOD issues since the visual update. I think I saw one or two comments regarding this, but not sure if it's an issue many people are having. I'll take a moment to grab some screenshots soon.

There has been a lot of posts regarding the lighting, but I've had some z-fighting and texture LOD issues since the visual update. I think I saw one or two comments regarding this, but not sure if it's an issue many people are having. I'll take a moment to grab some screenshots soon.

You might want to look here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191186-lod-issues-discussion/

• Like 1

While I enjoy the new assets to play around with in the sneak preview, the light illumination is still a problem in shadows. Players and other units simply pop too much from the scenery. Take a look at these newly released ghilllie suits on Tanoa for example:

Video:

http://a.pomf.cat/smhgus.webm

I hope this gets addressed!

lightning now is useless and it is the worst thing that happened after this new update. What's the point of driving car with lights on if they extend only 1 meter in front of you? You either drive at 5km/h or just use NVG. Very poor decision, nobody cared about shadows anyway for 3 years. Instead of improving light they made it look like in some indie horror game were flashlight on purpose has a beam of 10 centimeters to make it spookier. Woooo..boooo..

Agreed, it makes NVGs a requirement for night ops, and thats such a shame

• Like 2

Agreed, it makes NVGs a requirement for night ops, and thats such a shame

Exactly like the real world.

Now the night is a real night and you need a NVG gain a real advantage, before this update the night was a exagerated an unrealistic.

Now the lightning and illumination is a real deal.

Welcome to real world of the simulation warfare.

• Like 2

Why is my co-pilot wearing lipstick?

Because we don't judge :)

Is this another 'women in Arma conspiracy theory....lol

• Like 2

Women in Arma will end up like dinosaurs in Battlefield :D

No women in ArmA? Have you seen the AI driving? :')

• Like 7

Why is my co-pilot wearing lipstick?

isn't that obvious ? Tanoa as Altis are without any woman. They actually realy need a replacement for them so  that is exactly the reason why men have to take the other counterpart too. That's just logic.

• Like 1

isn't that obvious ? Tanoa as Altis are without any woman. They actually realy need a replacement for them so  that is exactly the reason why men have to take the other counterpart too. That's just logic.

Isn't the official tag-line for Tanoa 'Hell in the jungle'? ;-)

I posted the picture because I was surprised by the image: the face of the pilot is a little on the pale side and his lips a little on the red side, indicating the color balance is too strong. The colors of the terrain are not too strong by my tweaking, so I was surprised by the discrepancy. I hope BIS can make further improvements to create a good visual balance between terrain and units/objects. At the moment, if I would tweak the settings that the co-pilot looks good, the colors of the terrain would be too dark/muted.