bis_iceman

Visual Upgrade – Feedback

@pawelkpl   - on the right off course. Sunny weather at desert cannot be like on first photo.

• Like 3

Hi, Please tell me which one is 1.58 and which one is 1.60 (same location, same time, same weather conditions, etc). Tell me which picture gives you natural lfe feeling...

ad1616d6f9.jpg

The problem with the right picture is that the author hasn't tweaked the colors or he likes the game look like that (I doubt it).

Here's the reality:

ZQ3YYNZ.jpg

//Oh wait isn't the left one current version 1.60 as it says 1.6 in the corner?

///Aaaand Sniperwolf572 says how things are... please stop that nonsense trolling...

• Like 2

Hi, Please tell me which one is 1.58 and which one is 1.60 (same location, same time, same weather conditions, etc). Tell me which picture gives you natural lfe feeling...

ad1616d6f9.jpg

Tell me which picture has an official map

• Like 1

The right image has so much non-default postprocessing it's not even funny.

ad1616d6f9.jpg

The one on the left is 1.58 as it has this "grey filter effect" like you're looking through sunglasses, which is why Solano's real light/shade addon was good, as it removed that effect, 1.60 on the right feels more natural, I see the desert like this every single day here in Iraq, and unless it's dawn or dusk, it's very bright in places, and has a very bleached look on the naked eye, hence why it's smart to wear sunglasses as it can really hurt your eyes at times.

• Like 1

The one on the left is 1.58 as it has this "grey filter effect" like you're looking through sunglasses, which is why Solano's real light/shade addon was good, as it removed that effect, 1.60 on the right feels more natural, I see the desert like this every single day here in Iraq, and unless it's dawn or dusk, it's very bright in places, and has a very bleached look on the naked eye, hence why it's smart to wear sunglasses as it can really hurt your eyes at times.

Exacly!

Don't be fooled. As a fully qualified internet detective, I'm telling you that neither is 1.58. Right one is 1.54, at best, with additional postprocessing. Left one is 1.60 straight from Eden.

It's not even a fair comparison. If you want to hail 1.58 as the apex of visual quality, and shit on 1.60, at least take fair comparisons.

B1xEiPe.gif

• Like 2

The problem with the right picture is that the author hasn't tweaked the colors or he likes the game look like that (I doubt it).

Here's the reality:

ZQ3YYNZ.jpg

There is a "black crush" on heli, like on MVA monitors.

HAHAHA, THE LEFT IS 1.60, THE RIGHT IS 1.58 with Solano Reshade !!! I GOT YOU !!! That is a prove how wrong you are.

• Like 2

HAHAHA, THE LEFT IS 1.60, THE RIGHT IS 1.58 with Solano Reshade !!! I GOT YOU !!!

OH MY GOD! IMPOSSIBLE! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

NuL7sLp.gif

• Like 2

The right image has so much non-default postprocessing it's not even funny.

I can't get the same effect on 1.60 with reshade anymore, the true is it looks even worse than vanilla 1.60. Again I'm forced to take half-baked upgrade and use it. Btw Has ever MRCO white texture been fixed ?

Do not worry guys I will post vanilla 1.58 vs 1.60.

The thing is you like visual upgrade use it, - turn it ON, you don't like it - turn it OFF. That is the way to make all happy. Nothing else.

HAHAHA, THE LEFT IS 1.60, THE RIGHT IS 1.58 with Solano Reshade !!! I GOT YOU !!! That is a prove how wrong you are.

frustrated.gif

lightning now is useless and it is the worst thing that happened after this new update. What's the point of driving car with lights on if they extend only 1 meter in front of you? You either drive at 5km/h or just use NVG. Very poor decision, nobody cared about shadows anyway for 3 years. Instead of improving light they made it look like in some indie horror game were flashlight on purpose has a beam of 10 centimeters to make it spookier. Woooo..boooo..

+1

Reverted to 158.......looks awesome!

Could you please post your tutorial how to revert to 1.58?

Anly link to existing content on the web?

Thanks in advance!

...All is already reported, develeopers taken note....

In my opinion only one acceptable solution is to give unsatified players/mod users/server hosters ability to disable new lighting.

Personally i have 4 dedicated servers called "[PL] artur_PL.....- two of them with CUP terrains and other maps like Alrayak, Bornholm, Chernarus,

Podagorsk, MSKE 4Islands, Clafghan, Isola di Capraia, Australia, Iron Front for A3 etc etc etc

I played arma since first release so about 2006r  and host various servers since 2010. Also played Operation Flashpoint since first release about 2001r.

I never complained about A3 but this time is too much for me.... about - 95% used mods and prepared misssions will be unuseful for me.

(Altis, Stratis & Tanoa is about 5% of A3 for me...)

I think that it will be so hard to replace textures and modificate lighting i the current mods used since years.

So  - only one proper solution is to give opportunity to disable new lighting or in case technical troubles give posibillity to correct new lighting instead

"ON" / "OFF" switch. (but "ON" / "OFF" new lighting switch in my opinion will be the best solution.)

It is so sad  - but since few days im desperated and thinking about never more play Arma3...

Developers of A3 - thanks in advance for giving us an option to disable new lighting!!!

• Like 3

frustrated.gif

That was my reaction when I saw Takistan / Chernorus map with new lighting techonology / visual upgrade for the first time and I still look like that nice guy...

• Like 1

I demand BIS to give a button to turn off ArmA3 lighting altogether and enable ArmA2 one! My Takistan loses its original, unique, virgin style without it!

THIS is the way it's meant to be, not the half-baked update to it ArmA3 lighting was since 1.00!

How do I revert back to before ArmA3 so I can make my Takistan right again?

And don't even get me started on Everon!

• Like 5

I demand BIS to give a button to turn off ArmA3 lighting altogether and enable ArmA2 one! My Takistan loses its original, unique, virgin style without it!

it's because you didn't configure your map with the new parameters.

Could you please post your tutorial how to revert to 1.58?

Anly link to existing content on the web?

Thanks in advance!

Steam > Arma 3 > Properties > Betas and enter the access code Arma3Legacy158

Developers of A3 - thanks in advance for giving us an option to disable new lighting!!!

I don't think this is likely to happen and thanking them in advance is probably not going to trick them into doing it.

• Like 1

THIS is the way it's meant to be, not the half-baked update to it ArmA3 lighting was since 1.00!

Is this sarcastic?

Wow. If this is real and the guy in charge of doing the lighting for CUP makes a statement like this, I don't feel good about our prospects here.

Metalcraze, is this for real? You're the one doing the lighting for the CUP team, right?

i do not understand this discussion, the new visuals with the lights etc. is a blessing, specifically for tanoa, no question it needs here and there little fixes (nights too dark, shadows), but back to the 1.58 visuals is definitely a big step backward.

• Like 3

THIS is the way it's meant to be, not the half-baked update to it ArmA3 lighting was since 1.00!

hehehe, this might be lost on some people though  ;)

Case in point:

Is this sarcastic?

Wow. If this is real and the guy in charge of doing the lighting for CUP makes a statement like this, I don't feel good about our prospects here.

Metalcraze, is this for real? You're the one doing the lighting for the CUP team, right?

Is this sarcastic?

Yes, he's poking fun at people by showing takistan with its original lighting, also mentioning Everon which dates back to Operation Flashpoint.

• Like 1