INF_MIke64

Zeus Land Way-points do not work

As Title. Tested with no mods.

Tested in Dev and Standard

Repo:

1:Spawn Helo flying.

2:Spawn heli pad

3:Give helo land way-point

4: Observe Helo hovering near landing waypoint.

• Like 2

1:Spawn Helo flying.

2:Spawn heli pad (invisible)

3:Give helo land way-point

4: Observe Helo hovering near landing waypoint.

confirmed. same for me, no mods, vanilla game tried with 1.58

I observed the issue as well by chance. However, I noticed that the problem is not only related to the LAND waypoint.

Initially, I wanted to create a custom Waypoint for my addon and noticed that the sqf file for the waypoint was only executed in editor placed ones but not for the ones placed by Curators.

As a consequence, I tried out the advanced waypoints (FIRE ARTILLERY and LAND), since I wrote the config of my custom waypoint analogously to them.

The same was observed: the sqf file were not executed if the waypoint was placed by Curators.

Same here.  No land.  Added @CPM to try and recover the functionality and it still works as advertised so it's just an issue with the curator specific command.

I really hope this gets a fix asap. Zeus mode is pretty much useless right now. I don't even understand how this bug hasn't been noticed. One could think new builds are getting tested before release but yeah....

According to the FBT, the issue has been acknowledged and is slated for resolution.

Still not fixed in current stable! How is this even possible? Is this rocket science?

Made an additional post to the FBT... probably going to be scolded for asking why there hasn't been any action on this issue.  It really is frustrating because the ability to use Zeus to taxi people around effectively in a low player count environment is appreciated.  Hope they get on it, soon.  Seems that somebody has already ID'd the issue, now it's up to BI to patch it up.

This is getting embarrassing, BI... Is this beyond your capabilities or you just don't care about Zeus anymore?

I swear it worked for me the other day, Itchy... maybe I got lucky or did something different... or maybe it was Ares/Achillies (community to the rescue).

Follow-up... It is, indeed, a result of using Ares/Achilles.  I wish BIS would fix it, but thankfully a community mod has restored the functionality (and more... It really is a must have mod IMHO).