Sign in to follow this  
Roach_

How do you edit the new version of the SQM file?

Opening them in normal notepad gives you a lot of characters, while opening them with Notepad++ there are lots of "NUL", "SOH", etc.

Is there any way to decode it or any way to safely edit the new SQM? It's just to delete some addon requirements (which aren't even used in the mission).

In 3DEN you have an option not to Binarize Mission File. You can toggle it either in general options menu (globally) or in save mission menu (per mission).

• Like 4

Opening them in normal notepad gives you a lot of characters, while opening them with Notepad++ there are lots of "NUL", "SOH", etc.

Is there any way to decode it or any way to safely edit the new SQM? It's just to delete some addon requirements (which aren't even used in the mission).

The default options for Eden have it binarize the mission when saving, so the next time you load it up in Eden you'll want to uncheck the Binarize option when you save it.

• Like 1

Glad I saw this. Just last night I started switching over to Eden and one of the first things I did was to open the mission file to check addons, and I was like  :( .

Thanks,

Fire