Troffmeister68

New Airwolf for the ARMA 3 3d engine perhaps ?

New Airwolf for the ARMA 3 3d engine perhaps ?

originally called CRYWOLF , as she is / was Airwolf for the Cry Engine.

i made her from scratch from a blueprint , as a custom 3d build for sandbox 2 / crysis 1 pc game !

video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1kKuGa3-w

The 3d models have been finished and saved out completed since 14th November 2010 , and i spent about one month modelling her , i actually started modelling from a set of
drawings , got 90% thru making her , then scrapped her , to completely rebuild !

The reason for this ,was i found online a better set of drawings and paid to get an electronic set of the drawings , and then mounted those to remodel her afresh.

This was actually the first ever helicopter i have 3d made , tho i have made aircraft before , and also its the first time i have ever made a characters 3d helmet too !

AIRWOLF / CRYWOLF comes in 4 model versions Modelled are original AIRWOLF , in flying , and landed wheels down versions , with a full rear " Dominic Santini " electronic battle computer cockpit .

Also we have a Special Forces version of AIRWOLF ,with a drop down rear ramp door ,in flying and landed versions .
This version has the rear cockpit removed / remodelled in favour of more seating for special forces troops !

The idea for this version ,is that Airwolf is stealthy and can penetrate quickly behind enemy lines and facilitate a troop drop of a small team of special forces in
game engine , with quick exit of the helo by the troops ,via the drop down rear ramp door !

As well as making the helo , i also wanted an appropriate and iconic Airwolf pilot helmet , which i have done )

i had no blueprint drawing to help me make the helmet , instead i found various photos of the helmet , adjusted them as best i could , modelled from them , and compensated
for errors as i went about making the 3d helmet mesh , this was quite challenging , i  have never made a helmet before , and personally i am very happy with the outcome )

Personally i am not a big Airwolf tv fanatic , tho i loved the helo in the show !

Anyway enjoy the  visuals :-)

picture galleries

http://img234.imagevenue.com/galshow.php?gal=gallery_1297040294865_583lo

http://img206.imagevenue.com/galshow.php?gal=gallery_1297018736496_114lo

• Like 5

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Would love to see it in game and please providea template for different paint schemes. 

Would Love to see this in game and shuttling me around... interior is awesome... could only imagine if some of those interior screens were PiP

thankyou all for the great feedback , i will need some help to get this in game arma 3 in the near future )

Looks great!  Best of luck to you on getting it into A3 though, there are a few things you should know ahead of time..

Arma 3 won't automatically handle shadows the way crysis does, you'll also need to split the interior and exterior if it tops 30K triangles, otherwise it wont render and even crash the game.

thanks for that , the helo goes into crysis / sandbox 2 editor as about 5 cgf model files which have the same same pivot point 0,0,0 , which are then assembled / attached really easy in that editor . everything is physicalised , by a one tick check box in 3dsmax , so the beauty of making a 3d model and then even purely testing it in crysis , is that it is a very fast , a few click process to get it in game , you can then view the model for any errors and play with it , in 1st and 3rd person , go inside it , perhaps do a test battle etc etc , its a lot of fun )

anything i have made in past , and in future can hopefully easy fit both crysis and arma 3 , crysis being the first port of call even if its only to test out my 3d creations , from a speed checking point of view as above )

there is no limit in crysis re model size or amount of model files to make a model - e.g the usa carrier in the fleet level is mega polys big , and has literally hundreds of cgf model files linked to make it - having said that most of my models are akin to the airwolf in poly size and crysis model file amounts , 5 or 6 linked in editor !

there is nothing controversial about the cross over between the 2 game engines , from this point of view , i view it as a big bonus .

recently i have been drawn to arma 3 by the Eden editor , which is now very much akin to crysis 1 sandbox 2 , 3d placement etc etc , i have been watching lots of youtube arma 3 vids by Leutin and others , and am pretty excited about arma 3 gameplay and modding possibilities )

in the last few days i have been all over the airwolf model to reduce polys a little for arma 3 , and remove any and all hidden faces to ensure its mean and clean , i do have polygon cruncher plugin , but i prefer to 3d model very clean and try not to use that plugin , tho it could be great for making lods )

i use 3dsmax 9 , with the crysis 1 plugins , i've had crysis 1 and the plugins always on my pc since 2007 , its lucky that both the arma 2 and 3 plugins will work with my 3dsmax 9 version too

Troff )

• Like 1

Are you still working on this?  Some would like to see it in-game!

You do realize that it's only been 3 days since he made the original post, right?

• Like 2

hi the model has been made since november 2010 , including the helmets etc , i last had the model open in 3dsmax about a week ago , as i decided to reduce some polys on a section of the helo to better suit the arma 3 game engine .

• Like 1

Looks nice and something that I am going to keep an eye on for future usage.

No words can describe how excited I am for this. Outstanding work, Troffmeister! Really hope you finish this. I'm even willing to donate for the project.

I recently bought a very powerful PC (was a console player before) and I've been a huge Airwolf fan since I was a kid in the 80's. But unfortunately,

I still haven't been able to make my childhood dream come true by controlling an authentic version of "The Lady" in a good modern game. :(

I tried for days to install the Airwolf mod in Arma 2 but didn't succeed. Btw, If someone is willing to help me out with this, it would be incredibly appreciated. PM me in that case.

I also checked out both the FSX and X-Plane Airwolf mods but I do not want only to fly, I also want action, missions, really fast turbo flying, and be able to blow stuff up ;)

Again, amazing work you have there! I will try to get in contact with more gamers that are also Airwolf fans on the net and spread this awesome news. Good luck with this man! You have my full support!

thanks for your support and enthusiasm , i am running arma 2 myself here , and i have the airwolf mod yet to install , i am about to buy a new £1700 pc myself , and get arma 3 with tanoa - i was going for a nvidia gtx 980 ti a few months back , but held off buying my new pc due to the new nvidia pascal 3d cards which should be announced end of may - whatever happens i will be getting a 980 ti at reduced cost or a new  pascal 3d card ? in the meantime i am still running my nearly 10 yr old pc here with a gtx 8800 ultra - hence arma 2 for the time being )

• Like 1

Hi there - maybe we can help us together? Or we fusion our Projects - i´m the comember of the Arma 3 Airwolf mod which is actually on hold because we need modellers and scripters .

Concerning your nickname - you are a german too? anyway maybe you are interessted than contact me ? Or what you think about - i putting a link to the channel on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSzqZa4BNLOokWqGrljLNYQ

Greets redwolf1983 from arma 3 mod team

• Like 1

Hi there - maybe we can help us together? Or we fusion our Projects - i´m the comember of the Arma 3 Airwolf mod which is actually on hold because we need modellers and scripters .

Concerning your nickname - you are a german too? anyway maybe you are interessted than contact me ? Or what you think about - i putting a link to the channel on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSzqZa4BNLOokWqGrljLNYQ

Greets redwolf1983 from arma 3 mod team

hi there ,i watched your youtube vids the other night actually

i loved the speed and sound , and overall effect of it all in game )

i am English  , Troffmeister is my nickname !

sure we can work together to fusion the project  , i think my wolf should definately fly in arma3 eventually with some help )

• Like 1

WOW   That looks really nice. That would be an awesome special forces chopper.

i wanted to do a little 3d fun experiment with the CHINOOK WOLF ,  i wanted to see what it would look like if i crossed it / breeded it with the CH46 , so i transferred across the the rotor blades , also the side window weapons , and also the landing gear , and some internal seating here is the result , its kinda been arma3alised )

snap0000680.jpg

snap0000682.jpg

snap0000683.jpg

snap0000684.jpg

snap0000685.jpg

snap0000687.jpg

snap0000689.jpg

snap0000691.jpg

snap0000693.jpg

• Like 1

hi I would be very happy if the airwolf mod for Arma 3 is developed even further, I love it and would find it a shame if airwolf falls into oblivion, I have only now put arma 2 up again to fly airwolf just awesome

23 hours ago, xXBlackTukTukXx said:

hi I would be very happy if the airwolf mod for Arma 3 is developed even further, I love it and would find it a shame if airwolf falls into oblivion, I have only now put arma 2 up again to fly airwolf just awesome

Closing the thread, there is no need to dig up an old thread which is 4 years old. Next time consider to PM the author.