gingerlikeme

RoadVergePosts.tpp pls help

Hi,

I was looking up about different cool things about terrain processor and builder.

I read up on some called RoadVergePosts.tpp. this apparently place small stones on the verge of roads.

The problem is I have no idea how to use it.

Please could you give me some direction.

Thanks Harry

1. Run the .tpp file.

2. Click on the orange screw icon and make sure your output directory path is correct.

(e.g.: P:\yourname\yourname_yourterrain\source\TerrainProcessorOutput)

3. Double click on the "Line: Regular" task to edit it.

4. Edit the parameters on the "Objects" and "Parameters" tabs as you wish.

(What each parameter does is explained at the bottom of the window and also here.)

5. On the "Shapefile" tab, load your roads.shp file.

6. Click OK.

7. Click the green "RUN" button.

8. A .lbt file is generated at the output directory.

9. Load up your terrain project in Terrain Builder.

10. Drag and drop the .lbt file into TB (type: Objects).

11. Your new objects should now be added to your project.

I haven't tried it yet but when you say drag and drop the lbt file in TB what part of the TB window do I drop it in?

Hi,

I was looking up about different cool things about terrain processor and builder.

I read up on some called RoadVergePosts.tpp. this apparently place small stones on the verge of roads.

The problem is I have no idea how to use it.

Please could you give me some direction.

Thanks Harry

It doesnt place stones on the sides of roads, it places the small "cats eye" white posts on the sides of roads

Is there a way to have TP only place the road markers on roads of a certain type?  Like say for instance I want them along highways, but not on city streets or dirt roads, so how do I tell TP to place them on some road types, but not others?  The only thing I can think of is to save a copy of my roads shape file with all the roads, then in TB delete the road types where I don't want posts to be placed in TP.  Export that shape file and run it in TP to get the posts placed and the TB file exported.  Then replace my original, complete road shapes files back into TB along with the road posts lbt file.  Is there another, simpler way to do it?

Is there a way to have TP only place the road markers on roads of a certain type?  Like say for instance I want them along highways, but not on city streets or dirt roads, so how do I tell TP to place them on some road types, but not others?  The only thing I can think of is to save a copy of my roads shape file with all the roads, then in TB delete the road types where I don't want posts to be placed in TP.  Export that shape file and run it in TP to get the posts placed and the TB file exported.  Then replace my original, complete road shapes files back into TB along with the road posts lbt file.  Is there another, simpler way to do it?

I have my roads spilt into layers (dirt, main road etc) I can just export what ever layer I want then and use TP on them.

You might be able to select the roads you want with ctrl + click then export selection.

I have my roads spilt into layers (dirt, main road etc) I can just export what ever layer I want then and use TP on them.

You might be able to select the roads you want with ctrl + click then export selection.

How is it possible to do multiple layers of roads yet still export to a single roads.shp file?  I'd think that every time you export a layer it would overwrite the roads.shp and you'd never have all the roads on the map at the same time, depending on which layer you exported.

How is it possible to do multiple layers of roads yet still export to a single roads.shp file?  I'd think that every time you export a layer it would overwrite the roads.shp and you'd never have all the roads on the map at the same time, depending on which layer you exported.

Just export selection of layers, you can tick which layers you want to export. If you need to export say main roads for TP, just export that layer to a new .shp file

• Like 1

Ok I didn't know you could do export multiple layers to one shape file.  Good to know!  Thanks!