DAGGER ARMANET

ARMAnet Podcast

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that a new ARMA focused podcast is out there now. ARMAnet.  Go have a listen and we hope you enjoy !

Link to the show

armanetpodcast.com

• Like 12

Great to hear.I have wanted a good Arma podcast for a while now.I'll definitely check it out. Thanks :)

Have you got a link? Googling ArmaNet brings up some kind of plastering products ;)

• Like 2

Have you got a link? Googling ArmaNet brings up some kind of plastering products ;)

Great thanks for the suport ineptaphid !  You can download via iTunes or Podbean currently. We are still getting google keyword search stuff sorted. But ARMA3 official tweeted us so we are getting great support !

Our Podbean site where you can listen to episodes.

http://armanetpodcast.podbean.com/

And our twitter feed where we announce new shows, topics, and guests !

https://twitter.com/ARMAnet_Podcast

Also we are on iTunes  !

You need to make a list of the stuff you covered in episode descriptions (which should exist).  Especially with timestamps.

You mentioned you wanted people to reach out and talk about specific things:  I have a lot of opinions and stories about my experiences with the Arma community (edit-- on the private side of the community) over the years that you guys might find interesting.  Send me a PM if you want to talk about stuff.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that a new ARMA focused podcast is out there now. ARMAnet.  Go have a listen and we hope you enjoy !

Nice job on the podcast, its really interesting to hear the experiences and the discussion!

• Like 4

Good job guys. Just listened to episode 1 on iTunes and it was marvelous. Looking forward to the next episode!

Thanks ! We have lots more lined up.

You need to make a list of the stuff you covered in episode descriptions (which should exist).  Especially with timestamps.

You mentioned you wanted people to reach out and talk about specific things:  I have a lot of opinions and stories about my experiences with the Arma community (edit-- on the private side of the community) over the years that you guys might find interesting.  Send me a PM if you want to talk about stuff.

Yeah descriptions and timestamps are going to be put into the info of each show going forward. Thanks for the thoughts.  And yes we will reach out via pm and get a discussion going. Thanks for the offer to be involved !

Nice job on the podcast, its really interesting to hear the experiences and the discussion!

Thanks again, and thanks for the support on twitter !

Just had a chance to catch up on my podcasts and listen to Episode 1....good stuff!

Keep it up!

PS: Don't know if it's only me but the background music volume was to high and got a bit annoying after a while. Maybe only play it at start/end?

/KC

• Like 1

Just had a chance to catch up on my podcasts and listen to Episode 1....good stuff!

Keep it up!

PS: Don't know if it's only me but the background music volume was to high and got a bit annoying after a while. Maybe only play it at start/end?

/KC

Thanks for the compliments. And yeah after feedback received on the music bed we will be getting rid of it for all future episodes. We will have a music intro and outro but the show itself will not have music. thanks for the feedback !

• Like 1

ARMAnet Debrief for the week of April 14th is now released. Episode 3 being recorded this Saturday is going to be pretty cool with the special guests we are having. Stay tuned ! 

Also if you have any questions regarding MilSim Arma gameplay, units, style etc, send them into the show so we can have our guests answer them !

armanetpodcast@gmail.com

Keep up the great work Guys, it makes a pleasant change to just sit back, chill and listen to something Arma related.

• Like 2

Dagger, nice job on the debrief. Last night was tough for me so im glad we were still able to get the news and information out. Also thank you everyone for your support and comments. It only helps us improve!

• Like 1

Enjoyed last one a lot. Good work guys. Looking forward to next show!

• Like 1

Thanks for the Podcast on ARMA.  It's about time.  

Listened to both.... some comments:

- music (from above you are removing - thank goodness for that!)

- more detailed topic explanation and level setting.  I like the topics you are picking - game mods,  movement mods,  etc..   But I found you guys jump right to impressions a little too quickly.  Would be great if you spend  a little more time explaining 'what the mod is' and 'how it works' so users who have never seen or heard of what you are talking about I can follow your impressions better and form their own opinion  along the way.   

For example - the jumping / climbing mod.   You briefly explained and went on to how essential  it was which was great. And I sort of understood 'allows you to get to higher places for sniping'.  But you didn't really explain how it works so I could not form my own opinion or fully understand yours.   After I went and looked up the mod and watched a youtube of it in action  it was super clear.  A  New bindable action with specific animations that allows - jumping up grabbing ledges and climing on top of 1 story buildings, structures or crates.  Allows vaulting while running /walking.    Jumping across small gaps between roof tops.   This is a cool mod.

Anways... great podcast, keep it up,  this is an ARMA community so keep picking detailed technical topics (ie AI functionality,   movement mods,   game mods,  tactics) and don't forget that everyone listening may not have the same base understanding you do - so extra explanation on the "what is it" and "how does it work" always helps up front to support impressions and opinions. 

Also.. some ideas below on topics I'dl like to hear you guys discuss...

- keybinding tips and tricks. There are SO many keys and SO many pro-tips on efficient bindings. 

- how-to's or mechanic discussions - ie. detailed artillery or mortar usage and opinion,  or  how to plan an ingress/egress in a chopper,  how wipeout laser marking works, walk through  a 1500m sniper kill from rifle and kit selection to how you assess and judge windage and range,  to lining up the shot to brain matter. 

- Kit of the week - What do you use for a sniper setup in detail,  what scope? why?  MG support...a scoped zafir at 7.62mm or mk200? Do suppressors actually do anything? what conditions.  Room clearing?  what's your kit for that and why?    Whats a real pratical scenario to use mines... which ones?   I'd love to listen to a detailed discussion just on weapon and item descriptions, pro's and con's and then opinion. Same with vehicles.  ARMA content is so detailed and there is so much of it that I bet many people don't fully understand or utilize.

Just ranting now... can't wait for the next podcast.  Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thanks for the Podcast on ARMA.  It's about time.  

Listened to both.... some comments:

- music (from above you are removing - thank goodness for that!)

- more detailed topic explanation and level setting.  I like the topics you are picking - game mods,  movement mods,  etc..   But I found you guys jump right to impressions a little too quickly.  Would be great if you spend  a little more time explaining 'what the mod is' and 'how it works' so users who have never seen or heard of what you are talking about I can follow your impressions better and form their own opinion  along the way.   

For example - the jumping / climbing mod.   You briefly explained and went on to how essential  it was which was great. And I sort of understood 'allows you to get to higher places for sniping'.  But you didn't really explain how it works so I could not form my own opinion or fully understand yours.   After I went and looked up the mod and watched a youtube of it in action  it was super clear.  A  New bindable action with specific animations that allows - jumping up grabbing ledges and climing on top of 1 story buildings, structures or crates.  Allows vaulting while running /walking.    Jumping across small gaps between roof tops.   This is a cool mod.

Anways... great podcast, keep it up,  this is an ARMA community so keep picking detailed technical topics (ie AI functionality,   movement mods,   game mods,  tactics) and don't forget that everyone listening may not have the same base understanding you do - so extra explanation on the "what is it" and "how does it work" always helps up front to support impressions and opinions. 

Also.. some ideas below on topics I'dl like to hear you guys discuss...

- keybinding tips and tricks. There are SO many keys and SO many pro-tips on efficient bindings. 

- how-to's or mechanic discussions - ie. detailed artillery or mortar usage and opinion,  or  how to plan an ingress/egress in a chopper,  how wipeout laser marking works, walk through  a 1500m sniper kill from rifle and kit selection to how you assess and judge windage and range,  to lining up the shot to brain matter. 

- Kit of the week - What do you use for a sniper setup in detail,  what scope? why?  MG support...a scoped zafir at 7.62mm or mk200? Do suppressors actually do anything? what conditions.  Room clearing?  what's your kit for that and why?    Whats a real pratical scenario to use mines... which ones?   I'd love to listen to a detailed discussion just on weapon and item descriptions, pro's and con's and then opinion. Same with vehicles.  ARMA content is so detailed and there is so much of it that I bet many people don't fully understand or utilize.

Just ranting now... can't wait for the next podcast.  Keep it up!

Thanks windsortheater for the thoughts and critique. I agree with a number of your points and you can count on us to continually make changes to create the best show for the listeners. 

To touch on a few of your comments:

Music = We are now going to stick with just a music intro and outro and leave all the discussion portions of the show without music. We actually did this already in the short ARMAnet Debrief episode and we will also do the same in all future episodes

Detailed topic explanations etc = Fully agree with you on this one, i think we need to flesh mods out a bit more and to do that we are making some great contacts to hopefully, in the next couple shows, actually have the mod makers themselves on the show OR have interviews done with those mod teams off air that we then read to the listeners. Now some mods we may talk about on the show we won't have 100 percent knowledge on but hopefully we can present it more thoroughly going forward. 

And in terms of the topics you suggested. We LOVE them. Expect to hear some of these ideas adopted. Thanks again for that, we really love the idea of community members coming up with things they would like to see on the show. 

For example your "Kit of the Week" type segment. It would be great if any community members out there wanted to record short 1-3 min audio segments of them detailing a kit or load out, or even helo flight tricks etc etc. and we could play those community audio segments on the show.  (and if anyone already wants to do that just email them to  armanetpodcast@gmail.com   )

Thanks again , a lot of great thoughts here !

• Like 1

My comment is more on the technical side.I understand if budget don't allow after all is all our hobby which we do

because we love.If you do commentating show obviously the front center is your voice, so good quality mic is

a must.I wish you guys can afford some high quality mic sets.

I was doing reaseach for mine.Blue yeti is good choice, and then there is Audio Technica AT2020.

Expensive toys, but worth it if you can afford it.

• Like 1

My comment is more on the technical side.I understand if budget don't allow after all is all our hobby which we do

because we love.If you do commentating show obviously the front center is your voice, so good quality mic is

a must.I wish you guys can afford some high quality mic sets.

Very valid comment. Hopefully sound quality will improve. But with all those involved having families and hobbies (ARMA) lol it might be awhile before expensive mics are purchased. However not out of the question down the road. For right now we are just working to get interesting content out but will definitely keep your comment in mind. Thanks en3x 

Episode 3 is out everyone ! Special thanks to our guests on this weeks show the 5th Special Forces Group.

Sorry about audio quality in some parts of the podcast guys, when you are recording people from all over the world at the same time, you sacrifice some quality. 

ENJOY!

• Like 3

Episode 3 is out everyone ! Special thanks to our guests on this weeks show the 5th Special Forces Group.

Sorry about audio quality in some parts of the podcast guys, when you are recording people from all over the world at the same time, you sacrifice some quality. 

ENJOY!

Thanks guys......any excuse to pull up a comfy chair with some snacks and beer!!

• Like 1

So what are the chances you guys could bring this to Stitcher? Sorry, I'm not sure if that would be a nightmare or if you have to pay to do that or what have you.

I'm having a major major problem with iTunes' Podcast app all of a sudden; to the point that I called Apple technical support to figure out the problem (yes, I like the podcast so much that I called Apple tech support) but even they couldn't help me.

Basically, I like to be able to download the podcasts with wi-fi and then listen to them in my car so I'm not using my cellular data. iTunes let's you do this. So does Stitcher. But unless I'm missing something, I don't see that option in Pod Bean.

Could you guys make Stitcher a possibility?

• Like 1

Could you guys make Stitcher a possibility?

Hey HeroesandvillainsOS,  i actually get really irritated with iTunes podcast app as well, so bringing this to Stitcher is DEFINITELY a possibility and i will work on that this week and get our episodes on there. Thanks for the heads up

FYI: there is a submission process for Stitcher, so I will definitely submit it this week if not today, however I am not sure how long it takes them to accept it.

UPDATE: It has been submitted to Stitcher, so hopefully soon it is picked up.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Ravenleg !

No problem!  Don't mean to promote paid apps, but it's what I use anyway and I just searched for it within the app and it popped right up.