Sign in to follow this  
r8gato

Bug Report: Death from relatively small drop into water.

This bug happens on latest Dev Build 1.59.135439

Run straight off the pier in Agia Marina into the water. Maybe a 5ft drop? Instant death. Not a huge, or important bug, but figured I'd report it anyways.

100% repro (3/3).

http://imgur.com/Z72VyRB

Unable to reproduce. Any mods?

Reproduced, but only once out of 20 attempts

• Like 1

OK, looks like this issue is an animation transition bug.

When player jumps into deep water, as the player stops in the water he switches from the falling animation (amovpercmstpsraswrfldnon) to a transition to swim animation (amovpercmstpraswrfldnon_amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon).

The falling animation can have legs curled up, depending on when it stops. The transition to swim animation starts with legs straight in standing position.

If the player is near the sea floor with legs curled up when the animation switch occurs, their legs instantly switch from curled up to straight, and into the sea floor while centre of mass does not move -> ragdoll crumple time!

(collision causes a change in 3D speed between ~0 and 100m/s in one frame).

EDIT: Not so sure now, animation does not change from falling animation during bug. See my post below.

Confirmed,happened to me too on the same pier yesterday :D What I noticed is he is touching the floor while in that falling animation. And that is killing him? Because I jumped into the water from the Kavala pier never died.

For 100% repro rate, strafe right off the jetty (using D key only) between the second last and last pair of piles. Death occurs when the game decides you stop falling and are near the sea floor.

Here's the bug occurring over 3 consecutive frames captured with movement and animation information displayed:

1 - no problem

2 - large jump in position, (20x) 100m/s FP 3D Speed. Notice stance indicator disappears.

3 - dead

Video captured using FRAPS with slowed down time ingame (setAccTime 0.05). The script for FP 3D speed uses ticktime to calculate speed, so actual 3D speed for that frame is 20x100m/s

http://imgur.com/a/M7l2r

Ah, so you drop all the way down to the bottom, but the cushion from the water is ignored (leaving you dead). Not good