Sign in to follow this  
xjoker_

Remove "players" tab from the map menu ?

Hello,

I was wondering if someone knows how i could remove the "players" tab from the map menu.

I tried to ctrlShow false  , allControls from allDisplays when visibleMap, but this menu is still shown.

The problem with this menu is that players can find out who is connected in Bluefor, Opfor, indep and Civ :(

I don't really know if there's an easy way to do that.

As a (somewhat complicated) workaround/hack, you could draw a custom control over it, to "black out" the playerlist (or even just the side icons, so users can still look up who is online).

Basically: Create a resource on the map display (finddisplay 12 displayctrl 51 IIRC) that is a simple black box. Make sure it is placed in the right xy position and has the right width/height.

Bear in mind that you will have to learn how Arma GUI positioning works. I like KK's tut as a lookup for that: http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-gui-part-3/

Players have screens with different sizes, so you can't use simple absolute positioning, but it's not overly difficult to figure out proper positioning.

You will also have to find the correct displayctrl (IDC) of the "players" tab, so you can use a "Draw" MissionEventhandler to detect when that particular menu is actually open.

You'd have to dive into the ui_f.pbo, find the map control definitions, and find the correct displays and controls to target for the player menu.