LuckyArma

My anti torque pedals are all or nothing

In advanced flight model(standard too I assume) if I push either pedal just a little it's the same as if I'd pushed it all the way down.   I have the sensitivity set as low as it will go, but little improvement if any.  

There doesn't seem to be an option for setting the pedals up analog.    Is there a setting anywhere that will cause the pedals to behave as if they were analog, for example if I push the pedal down 1" the helicopter turns slowly, and if I push the pedal all the way down the helicopter turns fast?

The way it is now I have to pump the pedal to make a slow turn at hover, and if there is a crosswind in forward flight I can't hold just a little pedal to correct attitude, so I'm forced to fly sideways, because pumping the pedal in continuous forward flight would soon wear my foot out.  

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Check in the gamecontroller setup if your pedals really returns an analog value.

MFG Crosswind are working perfectly. Pedals right and left assigned and they work perfectly analog.

Check in the gamecontroller setup if your pedals really returns an analog value.

I'm not sure where to find the "gamecontroller setup".    Can you be more specific?

Thanks

Not sure which OS you are running. If you are still on XP; just go to your system settings and select game controller.

If on Win 10 this should also be sufficient :)

http://www.howtogeek.com/241421/how-to-calibrate-your-gaming-controller-in-windows-10/

Just skip the calibration and jump to test your calibration.

I looked in settings, and tried calibrating the pedals, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell if they're analog. 

What pedals are you using?

When you "Test your calibration" the bar should fill up into the direction you press the pedals.

It sounds like you might be mapping your pedals to the digital rudder control?

Of course you have to set "Pedal Left" and "Pedal Right" (almost bottom of the Helicopter Tab). 

If you try to assign "Turn Left" and "Turn Right" to pedals that would be a the wrong way. No need to assign anything to those positions.

• Like 1

Set the curve in controller set-up ingame?

Deadband is set there too. Default is 10%.

I had to turn off my deadzones on the rudder pedals manually through the game's controls under "Controller" and that helped a lot.

@GrumanThere is no (analog) option for pedals in Arma 3.
Windows does nothing to change how the pedals are set up analog or otherwise.  To be honest I don't see that calibrating in windows does anything at all.  Then again Windows(Microsoft) has a nasty habit of making things obsolete long before their usefulness has expired.

I have a new set of pedals due arrive today, so maybe the issue will finally be solved.

17 hours ago, LuckyArma said:

@GrumanThere is no (analog) option for pedals in Arma 3.
Windows does nothing to change how the pedals are set up analog or otherwise.  To be honest I don't see that calibrating in windows does anything at all.  Then again Windows(Microsoft) has a nasty habit of making things obsolete long before their usefulness has expired.

I have a new set of pedals due arrive today, so maybe the issue will finally be solved.

The Windows calibration wont help you with this problem. I don't have any pedals myself but i have had a ton of issues getting my joystick to work the way i like so i know the struggle. Can you check the ingame controls for your pedal device to see if it actually goes +100 and -100 when you use them? There is a show details button or something like that, this will show you the value of how much the pedal is pressed into any direction. I would post a screenshot of it but i am not at home at the moment.

Let us know how the new pedals turn out.

I hooked up the new pedals and they're working the way they're supposed to.

Thanks for the tips anyway though.