Reworked PPSh-41 from scratch, high poly finished. :)

AmvA8CM.png

0026hTi.png

• Like 4

Amazing work guys! Just out of interest what are you chaps doing for sounds?

Mighty fine craftsmanship !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Amazing work guys! Just out of interest what are you chaps doing for sounds?

At the moment using vanilla sounds as our sound guy never actually made sounds or even got good ones to work in arma and then got removed from the team

Just a small update as we wait for the stunning PPSh spec was showing off to be finished, some more immersive US medkits!  (USSR variants will be what we most likely add for North Korean Medics, and we'll hopefully have them soonish as well)

QO2vOzL.png

• Like 3

Independents could be simple villagers armed with various pieces of weaponry from both sides, then they could be used as partisans or guerillas for either side, or no side alternatively.

• Like 1

Independents may not be used at all, and I'm far too busy messing around with CSA 38 to plan them out anyway at the moment  :P

hmm heres an idea. 

you could make a module with the mod instead of having indes make civs. with this module it can let civs attak who they see fit if you set up a mission persay.

the americans are opressing a korean villige and the north wants it back so the civs who are in a designated area of this module are set to under a curtain condition they will start attacking americans with weapons they loot of the soldiers or if the moduls allowed it the civ can pick up the weapon and start helping the us side in the defence. a sort of behavior / ai enhance meant. it could be dont just it would be hard and require hard work to do.

the thing with this to is you could add a moral system. if you shoot civs it effects there opinion of you and sways what side they could end up fighting for. if you end up saving a lot of civs and save ones shot buy the enemy ai they start to like you. this could be don in a way of making it a ajustable size module

and yes i know idk shit about modules and i dont even know if its possable to add a karma system or a way to make ai care about there surroundings

and looking to the future this module might even revalutionize the whole mission system because you could have the warsaw rebellion and you could have the french freedom fighters who are against German occupation.  

a battle rages in a city and the americans walk through part of the villige and see men dressed in german uniforms and have german weapons but instead of shooting the americans they walk up to them fallow and help them on there battle as there own command group. this also could lead to what i would call a moreal system. soldires who are being commanded to kill civs might be able to desert or if a freindly falls back he becomes a opfor or idependent.

now this could lead to units wanting to form. oveer the fact the mod can do what no ther can. and im going to send this to the ifa3 team my idea.

and sorry i suck at typeing.

Unfortunately despite the time since our last update we only have a little bit to show off, including a brand new PPSh (that other one was a figment of your imagination and never actually existed), the latest (and hopefully final) M1 Garand re texture, and Nico's final model (only for now hopefully) The CCKW, and my first model in a very long time, the M1 and M2 Carbines! (Obviously an early WIP)

romcN6I.pngjUDATCa.pngNXZVRT5.pngwSUlRDn.pngmcKmnaf.pngv5ungc7.png623f62cac6e3baae2975db22d8a3f58e.png79822fa81c236c8f62aa9921175d6585.png7bf79b4631a176860cc26d6e0be7eb60.png

• Like 4

Hey, about those sounds. Why not collaborate with Lord Jarhead from JSRS? I understand he does commissions for smaller projects. Maybe something to look into!

Looking great, I know very little about the Korean War so this will be a very new experience for me

Hey, about those sounds. Why not collaborate with Lord Jarhead from JSRS? I understand he does commissions for smaller projects. Maybe something to look into!

Definitely something to look into, yeah.  We'd bounced the idea around before but we'd picked up a new "sound artist" (who was useless at his job) just after christmas so we just sort of forgot about sounds  -_-

3 hours ago, fwedman said:

My lord its an SKS mosin

synonSr.png

6 hours ago, Rabbit35 said:

unknown.png

Ooh, what's this I wonder...?

SVT-40.Soviet Self-Loading Rifle of WW2 era.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2016 at 6:05 AM, Pan Samogon said:

SVT-40.Soviet Self-Loading Rifle of WW2 era.

The SVT kinda resembles a mosin and an SKS though right

Almost 100,000 British commonwealth troops fought in Korea. British Commonwealth Forces Korea (BCFK)  - comprised of Australian, British, Canadian, Indian and New Zealand units - alweays led by senior officers from Oz. In August 1952 a propeller-driven Sea Fury piloted by Lieutenant Peter Carmichael of No. 802 Squadron shot down a MiG-15 jet fighter, one of only a few of pilots of propeller planes to have shot down a jet.

Do you have any plans to include Commonwealth units, or will you restrict the mod to US (and hopefully South Korean units)?

BR and Happy New Year

Orc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, orcinus said:

Almost 100,000 British commonwealth troops fought in Korea. British Commonwealth Forces Korea (BCFK)  - comprised of Australian, British, Canadian, Indian and New Zealand units - alweays led by senior officers from Oz. In August 1952 a propeller-driven Sea Fury piloted by Lieutenant Peter Carmichael of No. 802 Squadron shot down a MiG-15 jet fighter, one of only a few of pilots of propeller planes to have shot down a jet.

Do you have any plans to include Commonwealth units, or will you restrict the mod to US (and hopefully South Korean units)?

BR and Happy New Year

Orc

Will these super secret leaked WIPs from Bax over in the falklands answer that?  

IMG_5803.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG

(Owen Gun (Aussie SMG) coming soon)

• Like 4

Are you also going to be working on Chinese units as they were the main contributor as to why the US was pushed back.

Looking forward to this mod btw

Howdy Ya'll,

Found this thread because it was linked here, which I found while I was searching for a Korean DMZ type terrain. The creator from the thread I linked isn't going to work on the idea anymore, but I'm super interested in continuing it. Given that the fanta fascist doesn't understand diplomacy, and war with NK isn't off the table, I thought it'd be kinda cool (pacify us for a bit) to create a mission, on a custom terrain, all about the DMZ and war with NK, from a modern standpoint.

I know that this thread is much more focused on an earlier time frame, but I'm just trying to gauge if there's any interest in it. The work that has been done, just shared here in the thread, is incredible. The weapon renders are fantastic. I've seen NK/SK missions done on various maps like Nam2, Tanoa, and others, but I'd like to have a modern DMZ replete with the bright blue of JSA buildings.

Anybody up for a new Korean War?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2