just saying in the long run when this mods done and you have all the weapons for it you could do a eASTERN FRONT MOD oops caps

Shh, we don't want everyone to know that  ;)

also in korea war did the koreans have anything of there own

No, and even if they did hey had so little it would not be worth our time to model (the exception being the type 68 pistol, which will just be a renamed Tokarev TT-33)

HI Folks,

First I've seen this... Superb effort - historical combat always interested me more than the modern stuff...

Did any of you guys see that TV program for the first Chinese American Officer accepted into the Marines ? I don't have his name handy but what an incredible guy... Grew up and CA I believe - his dad had a "Death before Dishonor" tattoo on his arm and he took it to heart... After overcoming the typical racial bias back then by becoming an exceptional officer - he was completely respected by his men "who would follow him to hell and back"... He served in Korea and would wear a blaze orange vest in combat (ignoring the target aspect) so his men would always know where he was at all times- usually where the fighting was the thickest... He used his Chinese language skills to fool the enemy and take advantage on a few occasions... He was instrumental in saving countless lives by leading a blocking force to hold back the horde bent on destroying the Frozen Chosin on their famous march... I thought it spoke volumes that he was trusted so completely with such a critical mission - fighting the Chinese - so much for the internment camp mentality... He died fairly recently - I remember seeing the article... What an amazing guy - really struck a chord with me - unfortunately - we don't make many like that anymore...

Looking forward to this mod...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 2

Has ChasGate been reading our dms or something?.......

Shh, say nothing, don't let Comrade Galarza find out about the leak!

• Like 2

also in korea war did the koreans have anything of there own

They had a very, very small number of locally produced copies of some Soviet/Chinese weapons, but not to any real extent. There were a few different designs manufactured by the Chinese but only used by the North Koreans, like the Type 36, which was a copy of the M3 Grease gun.

Otherwise they had Soviet/Chinese/Japanese or captured American & Commonwealth weapons. The second biggest clusterfuck of nonstandard weapons, only behind that of the Vietnam War.

• Like 1

They had a very, very small number of locally produced copies of some Soviet/Chinese weapons, but not to any real extent. There were a few different designs manufactured by the Chinese but only used by the North Koreans, like the Type 36, which was a copy of the M3 Grease gun.

Otherwise they had Soviet/Chinese/Japanese or captured American & Commonwealth weapons. The second biggest clusterfuck of nonstandard weapons, only behind that of the Vietnam War.

I've also seen pics of Brits with MP 40s, and any of the Communist nations with just about everything, I'm starting to think the PLA and DPRKA just didn't do "standard loadouts"

would be pretty hard to control with an army that size and quite a primitive form of supply chain. i mean look at the Russian army today and the supply problems and control they have. so i guess NK would have a massive variation of one soldier to the next.

• Like 1

Hello chaps. Long post incoming.

I signed up especially so I could relay my gratitude that finally the Korean war is being recognised. It was a truly brutal war fought by a fledgling UN with 21 countries contributing but more importantly it was a civil war, arguably the most bloody type of war that has left a country and people divided.

I have a huge interest particularly in the British commonwealth contribution during the first year of the war. That first year saw armies racing up and down the Korea peninsular. One minute a conquering liberator, the next a conquered army in full retreat. I would love to consider myself an amateur historian on the subject but I don't think I am qualified. Over the years Ive gathered togeather quite a bit of material, literature etc on the subject and I would love to help out in anyway I could. I understand you already have the services of a professional historian and I understand from what I have read that the British commonwealth is not a major priority at the moment. However, when it did come to that time if there is anyway I could help please do not hesitate to pm me. If its only sharing photos to aid in terrain creation or soldiers accounts of equipment load outs I would be happy. I would also happily attempt to research anything else related to the war for the sake of a mod that would do justice for those who took part in the Korean war.

I appologise for the ramble its just this truly was a war that had considerable effects in numerous areas. A war of human wave assaults, helicopters,  jet fighters and bi planes in the same skies, napalm being recognised for its devastating efficiency, freezing soldiers fighting an enemy they had supported less than a decade earlier over a country most of them couldn't locate on a map until they got there, a civil war, a proxy war, a war of horrors that are difficult to read about let alone imagine witnessing. I am not saying the Korean war was more horrifying than any other, just so little is publicised about it, which in my opinion seems to magnify its effect when you read just a little into it. 

The recent announcement of Battlefield 1 has sparked a huge interest among the young to study World War 1 for themselves and there is potential here for the same to happen. I'm not trying to pressure you, I appologise if it seems that way, rather I am hoping to convey my appreciation at what you chaps are doing and I hope, if only a little, to invigorate you. I will end this post now (I can hear the cries of "hurrah!" from here!) but Id like to request that you talented few, even if it only reaches a small playable alpha stage, do justice to those brave young men and women by helping people remember the forgotten war in the land of the morning calm. 

• Like 1

Its always a possibility.
But I cant move any further in any terrain making process due to the fact that my qgis decides not to work at all....ever.
So no unpacking .tiff files, no terrain

your doing the Falklands war? can i finally hope of seeing a map called the Falklands and not the malvinas? 

It be nice to see a Falklands Mod, there was fantastic one for OFP - including fully modelled Stanley 

• Like 4

Hi there :)

I just recently discovered this modification, and I must say I am really looking forward to this project!!
Looks very interesting, especially in the light of Tanoa now being officially avaiable;
though the theoretical location wouldn't be necessarily 100% accurate it yet comes close enough as
apposed to any other map (with the exception of Lingor perhaps; Icebreakr  :rolleyes: ).

Got three silly questions though:
1) How serious do you guys take things like ballistics and weapon behaviour and such?
Or let me put it in other words; how important do you regard realism (excluding textures and the like; gameplay-realism if you so will)?
And in that context; don't get me wrong - I'm simply asking out of sheer curiosity - do you consider making ballistic data
for your rifles ACE compatible? Love me some sniping with that M1903A4  :ph34r:  (Will there be some Type99 Sniper variant?)

2) Your tanks; will they use Vanilla Damage Values or will they be configured after Olds/ Bakermans RAM (RHS)'s System?

3) Now that APEX officially grants us Chinese radio protocoll,; which must be like Christmas for you guys, do you have
anybody to come up with Korean radio/ voice protocolls?

Unfortunately I can't help with the latter, but such would be awesome, huh?

Keep up your noble efforts, you brave men ;)
Looking forward to how this story proceeds!

~

1) How serious do you guys take things like ballistics and weapon behaviour and such?

Or let me put it in other words; how important do you regard realism (excluding textures and the like; gameplay-realism if you so will)?

And in that context; don't get me wrong - I'm simply asking out of sheer curiosity - do you consider making ballistic data

for your rifles ACE compatible? Love me some sniping with that M1903A4  :ph34r:  (Will there be some Type99 Sniper variant?)

All of our weapons are configured to work with ACE3's advanced ballistics already, with data as accurate as I could get it.  there will be a sniper variant of the Type 99, hopefully for the first release but maybe a while after that

2) Your tanks; will they use Vanilla Damage Values or will they be configured after Olds/ Bakermans RAM (RHS)'s System?

Well, if I knew how RHS configured their armor values I'd almost definitely go down that road but unfortunately I don't so for the time being at least we're going for vanilla

3) Now that APEX officially grants us Chinese radio protocoll,; which must be like Christmas for you guys, do you have

anybody to come up with Korean radio/ voice protocolls?

Unfortunately we don't, but like everything else we're hoping to patch it over at a later stage even if it can't be done immediately

• Like 1

@Rabbit35

Awesome! Thanks for answering this quick, I'm honoured ;)

As for how RHSs' Armour System:

First of all:
I must apologize for that I am not 100% up to date with all of this... lost a bit of the tiny insight I used to have;
though I cannot promise anything, for various reasons (that would be very much unfair, tbh), I will see to it once
I have spare time as I've had today! Eventually I would like to wrap my head 'round this stuff. 

On the topic now:
As far as I remember it was this link with which it all started:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tanks_Config_Guidelines

Than this is Olds' thread - you'd probably find this one yourself, but I am certain somewhere in there is some sort
of link to some sort of Wiki on how to configure tanks that way.. otherwise I'd ask Olds; shall I do that?
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161885-real-armor-mod/

This is certainly related; it's from Olds after all:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Description

Blog by Damian90, - can't remember whether it really is useful for you, interesting though, I guess? (It sure was for me.)
http://www.rhsmods.org/b/5

Official RHS statement on their implementation of RAM:
http://www.rhsmods.org/w/afrfarmor

Hopefully any of this helps.. I sure would like to help more if I could, but...
just let me know if you got something, I'll do what I can do.. I am just not experienced with  any  of this stuff, unfortunately  :huh: 

~

• Like 1

@Rabbit35

Awesome! Thanks for answering this quick, I'm honoured ;)

As for how RHSs' Armour System:

First of all:

I must apologize for that I am not 100% up to date with all of this... lost a bit of the tiny insight I used to have;

though I cannot promise anything, for various reasons (that would be very much unfair, tbh), I will see to it once

I have spare time as I've had today! Eventually I would like to wrap my head 'round this stuff. 

On the topic now:

As far as I remember it was this link with which it all started:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tanks_Config_Guidelines

Than this is Olds' thread - you'd probably find this one yourself, but I am certain somewhere in there is some sort

of link to some sort of Wiki on how to configure tanks that way.. otherwise I'd ask Olds; shall I do that?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161885-real-armor-mod/

This is certainly related; it's from Olds after all:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Description

Blog by Damian90, - can't remember whether it really is useful for you, interesting though, I guess? (It sure was for me.)

http://www.rhsmods.org/b/5

Official RHS statement on their implementation of RAM:

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/afrfarmor

Hopefully any of this helps.. I sure would like to help more if I could, but...

just let me know if you got something, I'll do what I can do.. I am just not experienced with  any  of this stuff, unfortunately  :huh: 

~

Well, looks like I've a lot of readin in my near future...

In other news, specter finally figured out the issue I was having with the uniforms, which are both in game now, along with full ACE3 compatibility for all guns and grenades

20160723020130_1.jpg20160723020015_1.jpgDisclaimer:I'm aware that's not a korean face, I was in a rush so I just picked the first east Asian looking face on the list

• Like 3

Another little surprise to be snuck in before the alpha, thanks to Benji, is this little baby here, which I'm hoping to have in game within the next 2-3 days:

KlQwaxv.png?1XqUCYeu.png?15EmPijF.png?1

Don't worry, that Deadpool logo will be gone by then as well  ;) 

• Like 2

Amazing looking troops and weapons so far.  keep it up.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Really nice look'n 1911...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, were always looking for people to help on the mod, even if it is only in little ways or big ones, so Im sure the team will appreciate your help, if you want, I can drop you a dm about the matter. :)

This is the exact reason we chose the Korean war, its been rarely touched on in any video games, let alone the Arma series and we thought it might be interesting.

Although nothing has been posted on the forums for around a week, I can assure you that work is still continuing at a fast rate, but not as fast as we were,

due to the fact that almost everyone is busy with their personal stuff or have obligations with other teams too. For example, my current work on a new project for Arma 3. See if you can guess the weapon and conflict ;)

(early w.i.p)

P.S. I like your username, Battle of Imjin river? ;)

Happy Gaming - Welsh :3

Thank you very much for your reply sir. I would love to hear from you via pm. Indeed it is inspired from the Battle of the Imjin river.

Wonderful looking work on the Colt chaps!

• Like 1

1911 is in game and looking good (will need a model and texture rework in the future though)

aBXWbSW.jpgNYMHecV.jpgFGEUXNd.jpg

• Like 1

Just one "note" re: stick mags

riveted mags were far less common then plain stamp ones

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/warweapon2/DSC_0056.jpg~original

original riveted mags are early WW2 production and thus scarce today even here in Baltics where there should be plenty of this stuff for obvious reasons

main and most numberous type of mag was plain stamp similar (but not identical) to PPS-43 mags

• Like 1

On 7/29/2016 at 11:06 PM, bars91 said:

Just one "note" re: stick mags

riveted mags were far less common then plain stamp ones

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/warweapon2/DSC_0056.jpg~original

original riveted mags are early WW2 production and thus scarce today even here in Baltics where there should be plenty of this stuff for obvious reasons

main and most numberous type of mag was plain stamp similar (but not identical) to PPS-43 mags

Thank you, I guess that will help me try to cut down my tris count

Appreciate your help mate, thanks

Thank you :) I guess that will help me try to cut down my tris count below 11k in the low poly :D

I apreciate your help mate, thanks :3 I will sort that out whilst Im making the lp, I might add a version with riveted, as well as a drum mag :)

No problem! Always glad to be helpful to the modders!

In a week i'll be attending a living-history event and can snap a few RAW quality pics of different PPSh mags (sleek, drum and maybe riveted if present) and other Red Army mid/late WW2 equipment.

• Like 1