oh right....the peter and dan snow one was better, we had a fold out table

• Like 1

On 6/8/2016 at 9:57 AM, wildcatbridge65 said:

oh right....the peter and dan snow one was better, we had a fold out table

Yeah I loved those shows, my favourite is the falklands episode simply because its music at one point is amazing, never been able to find it since because the show has no soundtrack

• Like 1

Decided to try out this Iron Front malarkey while checking out the new shadow LODs I'd just finished and it made for some pretty screens of our US gear 

vJC1mGW.jpgtjUXf0k.jpgXwiTvmh.jpgqadX9Ht.jpgfI59YqN.jpg0SLfxmg.jpg

These obviously aren't our uniforms, but with the North Korean one currently getting a quick polish we expect the Yank to be done soon enough

• Like 2

The Garand and the Springfield look a bit dark in my opinion.

we can tell they arent your uniforms, for one yours don't have your own texture map on the arm  :lol:

• Like 2

http://www.strawpoll.me/10447445

Please let us know whether yee would like 4k or 2k textures for our assets, as although I'm a huge fan of 4K stuff (such as RHS) I know the pain of low FPS due to intensive mods

http://www.strawpoll.me/10447445

Please let us know whether yee would like 4k or 2k textures for our assets, as although I'm a huge fan of 4K stuff (such as RHS) I know the pain of low FPS due to intensive mods

I just made it 50-50 on 4k and Both. I want 4k because I got a beasty pc and it can handle it. Also I didn't know 8k textures existed!

Just to clarify. Both would mean that there would be a low and high res version released

I just made it 50-50 on 4k and Both. I want 4k because I got a beasty pc and it can handle it. Also I didn't know 8k textures existed!

They do, they're just not used in Arma, for very good reasons

I mainly put that there because I'm a sarcastic little shit

• Like 1

They do, they're just not used in Arma, for very good reasons

I mainly put that there because I'm a sarcastic little shit

Hahaha! Oh by the way for me even 4k textures look a bit blurry in first person any idea why? And yes even RHS.

Hahaha! Oh by the way for me even 4k textures look a bit blurry in first person any idea why? And yes even RHS.

Hmm, no clue.  Antialiasing maybe?  I doubt it but try turning it down/off if you have it on.  your graphics settings automatically downscale the textures if they're set low enough so try going to very high/ultra and see if it helps

Well i'm running a crappy laptop that lags anytime someone fires a tracer near a tree...and yet i'm up for 4k, so you know, decide as you will

Hmm, no clue.  Antialiasing maybe?  I doubt it but try turning it down/off if you have it on.  your graphics settings automatically downscale the textures if they're set low enough so try going to very high/ultra and see if it helps

I have ultra settings mate and a 4k monitor :)

I have ultra settings mate and a 4k monitor :)

Huh, no clue then

could be motion blur....or you have gunk on your screen and it needs a wipe  :P

could be motion blur....or you have gunk on your screen and it needs a wipe  :P

Nope, not motion blur. Also my screen is clear as shit, fuck my whole god damn pc is cleaner than my fucking house!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 9:51 PM, Rikugun Taisa said:

There are things i need to point out about NK uniforms

http://cdn3.volusion.com/xthf7.a63kn/v/vspfiles/photos/SO-OS-1986-9780850456851-WH2-4.jpg

first off, they are opened collar not closed,

second the pants wasn't short, it should be reaching down to the shoes.

Noted

Another pointer, those rifles in your pictures are not the Type 99 Arisaka, due to its barrel.

An arisaka type 99 has a closed barrel 

http://www.gunznfun.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/Japanese-Arisaka-type-99.jpg

whilst an Arisaka type 38 has a steel barrel

http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Bolt%20Action%20Rifles/Japanese%20Rifles/Kokura%20Arsenal%20Type%2038/1350602.jpg

also, the proportions of these rifles are messed up, the barrels are too big. and the barrel are supposed to be colored black.

I suggest using these side pictures as references when making 3D models of them,that's how i do it anyways, just a suggestion.

Taisa, you're more than welcome to speak to the creators of the items, you can pm them at anytime if you want about such stuff
If you want to help further, pm me and we can talk about it.

so i have the feeling that Rikugun is either really into the Korean war....or he's North Korean. Either way i learnt something new today, gotta love the community  ;)

• Like 1

Hey, that taisa account was my old account i was roaming with. heres me as i am now, also regarding uniforms, i can help with some research.