This is how we defuse tention over at war chronicles :D

Lol

4XF2ZqX.png

You made these with marvelous designer right?

Who's uniform is that supposed to be?

You made these with marvelous designer right?

Marvelous Designer, Zbrush and then fun with Quixel for textures. :)

Who's uniform is that supposed to be?

Hopefully North Korean... does it look that bad? :D

Marvelous Designer, Zbrush and then fun with Quixel for textures. :)

Hahaha, it's not bad at all maybe he doesn't really know the uniforms of such period. I honestly had no idea that such a war had happened before you guys started the mod (I'm not american)

Also can we some other time talk about marvelous designer? I have started to use it as well for the past couple of weeks and I don't want to say I am getting no where because I am getting somewhere, I just have some trouble with some stuff.

Hahaha, it's not bad at all maybe he doesn't really know the uniforms of such period. I honestly had no idea that such a war had happened before you guys started the mod (I'm not american)

Also can we some other time talk about marvelous designer? I have started to use it as well for the past couple of weeks and I don't want to say I am getting no where because I am getting somewhere, I just have some trouble with some stuff.

Ye sure, don't know if i'll be any help as i don't know much either but can try. :) Gonna send PM with my steam.

Ye sure, don't know if i'll be any help as i don't know much either but can try. :) Gonna send PM with my steam.

Right, thanks spectik

With  Specter completing work on the North Korean uniform, we can show to you what the initial release of the North Korean faction would look like

A few adjustments will be made, such as the Arisaka 99 texturing and sizing of weapons but other than that, not much else is needed in terms of a release
So here are some pictures of what you might see running about through the scopes of your weapon

CEAC3C36C566D0EC4021EB53806E3B36F8964E6E1008240BA8C0AF9507BE3184F997DAEDD240C53105D2BA2D4D634EABF4F231654BBB2D66D5B38350

DE9A72189FED4507F505C3A4E4199DD2A8ADA9A4Thank you for all of your continued support

- Welsh

• Like 3

wow you guys even managed to get that 'i live in a crap country and thus i'm depressed' look on all their faces...good job  ^_^

• Like 2

wow you guys even managed to get that 'i live in a crap country and thus i'm depressed' look on all their faces...good job  ^_^

Hahaha xD

We're very keen on 100% Authenticity here at War Chronicles  :D

EDIT:

Re-sizing is going 100% to plan...

20160607015735_1.jpg

:D

With our glorious overlord of uniforms Specter completing work on the North Korean uniform, we can finally show to you, our community, what the initial release of the North Korean faction would look like (-their hat......its not going to be missed in combat anyway)

A few adjustments will be made, such as the Arisaka 99 texturing and sizing of weapons but other than that, not much else is needed in terms of a release :)

So, without further ado, here are some pictures of what you might see running about through the scopes of your weapon :D

CEAC3C36C566D0EC4021EB53806E3B36F8964E6E

1008240BA8C0AF9507BE3184F997DAEDD240C53105D2BA2D4D634EABF4F231654BBB2D66D5B38350

DE9A72189FED4507F505C3A4E4199DD2A8ADA9A4

Thank you for all of your continued support in this mod, all of us here at War Chronicles appreciate it :3

Happy gaming - Welsh

The uniforms look really nice and unique! Only the shoes look a bit big.

Weren't NK using surplus soviet WW2 fatigues?

I do own a set of those myself, and the screen ones looked fairly similar, yet not close enough. Hence the question.

But yeah, I dunno much about the "surplus war" outside of several Chinese/S.Korean movies and a russian documentary reenactment series on the matter...

I do own a set of those myself, and the screen ones looked fairly similar, yet not close enough. Hence the question.

But yeah, I dunno much about the "surplus war" outside of several Chinese/S.Korean movies and a russian documentary reenactment series on the matter...

To be honest, i'm more into modern gear so i really don't know. I used 3 pictures i was provided with and modelled by those + used my "artistic" fantasy. :D If there are some serious issues, feel free to tell me or post some pictures and i could fix that in the future. :)

To be honest, i'm more into modern gear so i really don't know. I used 3 pictures i was provided with and modelled by those + used my "artistic" fantasy. :D If there are some serious issues, feel free to tell me or post some pictures and i could fix that in the future. :)

I'm not so sure myself. They might as well have used some indeginous copy and\or chinese(?) stuff...

The North Koreans had their own uniform but during the cold winters of the war, the soviets secretly supplied them with their Talogreika Jackets of which they had many anyway and were trying to spread communism by supplying the attempted annexation of the south by the communist north, which is also the reason that China and NK were allies back then and to this day, theyre both communist and have been since the 1940s/50s.

But the uniform we have currently is the normal summer and standard issue clothing, you would see these more roughly along the southern conflicts like the imjin river or the hook because it was warm enough to use them well enough there

did we have the old 'Chinese fighting jacket' back then or was that Falklands era? don't know its original name, just know it was nicknamed that because it looked like the Chinese winter jacket they were all wearing.

On 6/7/2016 at 10:40 PM, bars91 said:

Aand - here's that documentary dramatization. It has english subs.

But beware of EXTREME CRINGEWORTHY CAMP of american reenactment!!!  :ph34r:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZeZSZ6s1U

Unfortunately with some documentaries some come across as nothing more than propaganda.

Just my thoughts

that's cause we like an underdog story...so we admit we got stuff wrong like Dunkirk, to then say 'but hey look we then went and kicked Mr Hitler in the teeth anyway'

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 10:59 PM, wildcatbridge65 said:

that's cause we like an underdog story...so we admit we got stuff wrong like Dunkirk, to then say 'but hey look we then went and kicked Mr Hitler in the teeth anyway'

Understandable

Well, the combat tactics are shit in alot of "documentaries". Mostly american ones tend to be somewhat either full-hollywood or realistic.

Russian and european ones tend to be shit at tactics because director knows f**k-all about them most times then not or just doesn't give a shit.

But other then that, it's fairly watchable as a general recap of events, I guess.

EDIT: brits did an awesome series called Battlefield about WW2 and Vietnam war. But those are full-on documentaries. Heck, even red army and NVA stuff wasn't the usual campy barbarian human wave stuff.

negative - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(TV_series)

Used to watch it and other "science" stuff on Discovery instead of cartoons when I was still in elementary...

That, OFP and the original Ghost Recon\Rainbow Six was pretty much my childhood with regards to media entertainment. Oh and that Clear and Present danger film of 1994 or so.  ;)

EDIT: wikipedia says the show is of US origin. but the presenter sounded extremely brit and had no US uber alles approach... hmm one learns every day...