We're down, but not out. From the Team that was working on War Chronicles, the WW2 total conversion that was killed so young, comes another planned total modification:
iBk7RgQ.png
War Chronicles: The Forgotten War aims to bring the chaos and conflict of the Korean War to Arma 3, and we believe ourselves the first team in Arma's history to attempt such a project.

wx0j01Y.png

Known as the Forgotten War, the war in Korea was the only time during the Cold War that the forces of the United Nations and those of the Communist world clashed in direct military conflict, pitting American infantrymen against North Koreans, British infantry against the might of Red China, and a whole plethora of nations against the behemoth threat of international communism. This modification spans the years of the Korean War, 1950 -1953, and intends to accurately represent the men and women who fought in a war now largely forgotten in the Western World.

tumblr_nfdadazowf1qz9tkeo1_1280.jpg?w=94

US Marines racing past a dead enemy soldier in Korea/September 1950.

It will bring historically accurate content to your fingertips. We’re planning to gradually include all the principle nations involved in the conflict, from the armies of the United States, Britain, Australia and Canada on the side of the South Koreans to the behemoth that was the Chinese war machine and their North Korean Allies. Our initial release will mainly be weapons, but we have plans to eventually expand into a total modification for the game. Considering that some 50 nations were involved in some capacity, it may not be possible to represent them all, but we will do our best to get as many as we can in.

Once the infantry weapons and uniforms have been released, we will start work on the vehicles and armour available to all sides. A whole myriad of different vehicles will be implemented such as Patton tanks, MIG fighter aircraft, transport and attack helicopters, and even some limited naval units. As far as we aware, this will include some of the first instances of these units ever ported into Arma, including the first Centurion tank.

Team:

Rabbit35: Configurator, Texturer
N_Ichomach: Modeler, Texturer
James_Ritossa: Modeler, Texturer
Genasis: Modeler, Texturer
Spectik: Modeler, Texturer, Configurator
Benji: Modeler, Texturer
Bax: Modeler
NorthEastLacrosse: Modeler
Scorch: Scripter, Configurator
AdamA: Modeler, Texturer
McAber: PR, Research

Completed Assets:

• Like 15

Hey Here is a quick peek of whats ingame ready to go. We will be taking a more "quality over quantity" approach on this one so those textures down below are WIP.

c1502e3511cd4a62444584450d342045.jpg56339d9a423fe156a4bf475aa7e8f80e.jpg36f67f710db896259d3210dfc611318b.jpg

Additionally new content is already being made, Check out this Type 99 thats WIP.

4f625b7e353d462d8c5654cf1a90018e.png

• Like 7

This is superb news! Very glad to see you chaps are still in the modding game and I wish you the very best of luck.

The Korean War is a very interesting conflict and I think a mod for it is well overdue. 

War Chronicles: The Forgotten War aims to bring the chaos and conflict of the Korean War to Arma 3, and we believe ourselves the first team in Arma's history to attempt such a project.

There was actually an OFP Korean War Mod, but i believe not much of its content got released. Hope to see you do better. :)

• Like 1

Well I did say we believe - there was always a chance I could be wrong in that belief :P

• Like 1

Ah sure, we can just pretend OFP is nothing to do with arma...

Ah sure, we can just pretend OFP is nothing to do with arma...

Sorry for the off topic, but OFP has everything to do with Arma. Without OFP, there would have not been, Arma1, Arma2 or Arma3.

• Like 1

Sorry for the off topic, but OFP has everything to do with Arma. Without OFP, there would have not been, Arma1, Arma2 or Arma3.

I know, that's why I said pretend silly  :P

Never let this comment see the light of day again... 

Will there be b-29

Hi we havent even begun to think about aircraft so please be patient.

• Like 1

Hi we havent even begun to think about aircraft so please be patient.

Yep, please focus on more infantry stuff for now like uniforms and infantry weapons and then think about vehicles. Best of luck with this one too I will be following as I did with the other WW2 mod of yours. The M1 Garand looks really nice too by the way.

Some Texture improvments and low polys finished during the week, plus a sneak peek at the experimental Ithica 3700 AA canon! :D

r6OILqN.jpgcxnILHA.jpg6be933b97f42cf31bb00bbe36be32d75.pngSpTERHu.jpg

• Like 2

Arisaka Type 99?

EDIT: oops didn't see the post from the previous page, heh.

• Like 1

Hey guys (and girls), its James.  I have had the pleasure of working on the War Chronicles team through both War Chronicles WW2, and now, War Chronicles : The Forgotten War.  My role has been creating environment art and weapon art over here at War Chronicles. As maybe a few of you know, my primary focus is on hard surface modeling, like most of the other artists on the team, which is why we are looking for your help.  Currently, we are looking to fill a few positions along the lines of 3D Art, Animation, and Configuration inside of Arma 3.  If you are an artist looking to get some industry experience, or if you are just looking to give the Arma community a new, fresh title, then look no further.  We here at War Chronicles understand that you may have a life outside of modding, which is why we operate on a “do what you can†basis, although we still have deadlines, and expect continual content from both our artists and config guys.  The other perk of joining War Chronicles is that YOUR work is YOURS.  Given that this is an unpaid position, we do not need you to sign those awful NDO’s (not the quixel kind).

Below is some of my work on the project, alongside the positions we need filled. Don't hesitate to send us your interest, we would be more than happy to take a look.

Wanted Positions

Art :

Animation (Rigging Weapons, Characters, Vehicles, etc...)

Character Artists (working mainly on uniforms)

Texture Artists (Must know how to texture and unwrap models, and be able to work with a diffuse, spec, normal, and gloss workflow)

Coders

Config (Proven track record of modding in Arma 3)

All positions may be subject for an art test, which will be a determining factor in your entrance to the mod team.  

All Artists must provide a portfolio

All applicants should tell us why you want to join, why you think you are fit for our team, and any related experience with art or modding.  If you do not have any experience that is still ok, as stated above, this is perfect for people looking to get into the industry.

Thank you for your continued support

- James Ritossa : Environment Artist War Chronicles.

RJ2F_H0WDZcdx7Sb6SKS3Sd1sMSLjrz2J7SB6Sp6

RiXjQlpKTIXK9VV-iFpaIHDjHsK6JMAsE2NKQbwQ

xJrlJx4WhPyqwp2jzIGEUFMrfsgaY9Qy8eoWV-CD

0okkZaYECcSnz_sGvEDTFYVkCg0zeBGBssrGJoYG

Ammo Belt, and holster modeled mapped, and baked by Thomas Mcloughlin, and textured by me.