oukej

Targeting improvements

Are there any new key binds for the TGP?

I believe its the same as the UAV Camera, so in the controls..

> Multifuction camera

> Lock camera positon

Though I'm not sure if you can lase atm.

> Multifuction camera

> Lock camera positon

Nope you can't lase yet but hopefully in the near future :)

Wait, so since i we can't use a MFD to view what the TGP is looking at, is it possible to use the feature where you can toggle with the UAV that pops up a small window to the corner of your screen?

Wait, so since i we can't use a MFD to view what the TGP is looking at, is it possible to use the feature where you can toggle with the UAV that pops up a small window to the corner of your screen?

I tried that, doesn't seem to work in vehicles. Was hoping this was available as it would enhance SA 10fold.

I tried that, doesn't seem to work in vehicles. Was hoping this was available as it would enhance SA 10fold.

darn. Guess maybe we'll have to wait till post Apex some something like that. Hopefully they can model the TGP's onto the aircraft aswell.

> Multifuction camera

> Lock camera positon

Is there a key bind for slewing?   needed fi hotas binding .   using mouse possible but not ideal when using stick an throttle.  

Is there a key bind for slewing?   needed fi hotas binding .   using mouse possible but not ideal when using stick an throttle.  

Maybe, I believe you can move the camera via the NUMPAD numbers, so if you rebind them to a hat on the throttle it could work, actually I might go try that now haha. If it doesnt work we might need a 3rd party program like Joy to Key to enable use to use such input combos.

Maybe in second iteration of improvements after Apex is released. 

• Like 4

Yea so I was fuckin around with the controls and yes indeed you can bind the FLIR to a hat control. I can zoom, lock and move with only 2 separate hats.

Tried out 1.60 on main branch.  It's an improvement but some questions...

- @getbuck - good suggestion, will try numpad for slewing

- locking to groudn works, but slewing from locked point is goofy as the slewing seems to unlock the groud lock adding influence of plane movement instead of just doing a delta from the selected ground lock point.  Refinement for next revision perhaps.

- is there a command to reset the tgp to bore site?  I could not find in the controls menu

- there should be some sort of indicator in cockpit of where the tgp is pointing / ground locked to. Is there a way to enable?  This is a critical feature for situational awareness.  Could be on the radar, but really should be  a diamond / indicator on the HUD when TGP aim point in view (when off the HUD a marker that shows left or right  on heading tape would suffice).    I noticed that there is a marker in the TGP view that shows bore site of plane.. this is less important I think than having vice-versa.

-  really needs to be a pitch indicator in tgp view along with roll.  Roll is very helpful but pitch super important flying heads down.   

Overall nice improvement. 

Keep it up for v2.

Yea so I was fuckin around with the controls and yes indeed you can bind the FLIR to a hat control. I can zoom, lock and move with only 2 separate hats.

My numpad doesn't slew.   may be a conflict with TFR.  what are the names of he slew commands in the binding config?   maybe I can direct bind to stick hat buttons.   Can't  seem to find them.  

My numpad doesn't slew.   may be a conflict with TFR.  what are the names of he slew commands in the binding config?   maybe I can direct bind to stick hat buttons.   Can't  seem to find them.  

Controls > View > Aim Up/Aim Down/Aim Left/Aim Right

Controls > View > Center Look (Which chucks the FLIR camera pointing directly forward in standard position)

Controls > View > Zoom In/Zoom Out

• Like 2

Question regarding ammo/weapon/vehicle-config when it comes to the new locking system.

For testing purposes I want a vehicle to have all types of scanners since it can carry different weapons with different capabilities (so I set irScanGround = 1; laserScanner = 1; and nvScanner = 1; in CfgVehicles)

The weapon launcher I test with is config:ed with ballisticsComputer = 8; in CfgWeapons.

So far so good. I get CCIP working and I'm a happy camper.

Proceeding to the next stage I want to have an unguided weapon that I don't want to be able to tab-lock on to any target, but still want the CCIP to show. In CfgAmmo I set irLock = 0; laserLock = 0; and nvLock = 0;

Now the "problem" appears for me. Earlier, the CfgAmmo entries disabled tab-lock but after the changes it seems like the scanners/ballisticComputer combo overrides this (and ballisticComputer ignoring canLock according to: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_Locking_Review#ballisticsComputer) still enabling me to tab-lock ... and I can't find a combination that makes me do what I want. Basically a totally unguided weapon with no other visual helpers than the CCIP-crosshair.

Is this possible now or am I chasing ghosts? :)

Remove the "scanners" from the vehicle - they're not required for the weapon to be able to lock. Let the guided weapons have "canLock" and their ammo the desired "XYLock" and you'll still be able to lock the "XY" type of targets. The only difference will be that a marked target will not be maintained as you switch weapons or when you run out of ammo.

This way when you select an unguided weapon you won't be able to mark targets and any prev. marked target will be cleared. You can imagine this configuration as an oldskool platform that relies purely on weapons' own capabilites.

As long as your vehicle has the sensor ("scanner") it will be able to mark (and track) the respective target. Regardless of the weapon selected, even with no weapon at all.

• Like 1

roger that, thanks a bunch for the clarification!

I find it really a pain in the neck when I use the Targget Lock feature, and then move the mouse, it's not smooth or accurate. Basically if you use the Keypad, it's ok, but moving the mouse causes this odd and clunky movement before you even move the cam in the direction you want it to.

I find it really a pain in the neck when I use the Targget Lock feature, and then move the mouse, it's not smooth or accurate. Basically if you use the Keypad, it's ok, but moving the mouse causes this odd and clunky movement before you even move the cam in the direction you want it to.

Probably because its trying to lock onto the ground every time you move it, that's why there is an off and on feature.

Where the heck is teh key bind to engage the TGP.  By default its ctrl+right click (2nd mouse button) but for the life of me I can't find it in the config menu.   I want to bind to joystick. 

You can find it in the controls under the "Common" group, labeled as "Multifunction camera".

These are a great additions, but could you implement a script function for mission makers to disable the locking feature, similar to disableTIEquipment?

As with the thermal equipment, there are many scenarios where the advanced gadgets could come in the way of interesting gameplay.

I'd suggest a syntax similar to disableTIEquipment, e.g.

ObjName disableFCSystem true
  • Like 2

Some way to make the hat on a joystick work as a moveable camera?  Would like that much....

Controls > View > Aim Up/Aim Down/Aim Left/Aim Right

Controls > View > Center Look (Which chucks the FLIR camera pointing directly forward in standard position)

Controls > View > Zoom In/Zoom Out

• Like 1

Can you guys please hide the Static reticle when it's not needed? For example, if i switch to Rockets, only the CCIP reticle is available, so as not to clutter the HUD with one that doesn't necessarily work.

• Like 3

Something similar happens with tanks: If I'm alone in tank in MP scenario why would I need to have gunnery white reticle as a commander?Clearly there is no one

in the gunner seat so why have that displayed in a first place.So my plea to have it MP/SP reticles differentiationed made no difference.