oukej

Targeting improvements

Are you guys planning to add those ccip sources and such to the class MFD for huds? I could do some magic stuff if that was available.

Interpret this however you will:

We'd like it too. It would have also been more costly so we primarily went for getting as much info vital to the vehicle crews into the game.

Interpret this however you will:

Let me be! :'(

I'm allowed to dream right?

But seriously, i dunno if devs know the amount of potential the class mfd could have with just adding a couple of conditions or sources.

Does anyone know how to make it so you CANT see where everyone in your vehicle is looking? because its annoying the living hell out of me in dev build and i cant find the option to turn it off, i much prefered using the vehicle's in built compass to find out what bearing my crew was looking

We need a way to control the camera, without having to enter it. Thus say you have a PIP window open for it, you can zoom and pan the camera around also adjust camera pan speed all with the numpad. Would make controlling the aircraft well monitoring or scanning for targets a lot better. It would bring it a bit closer to something like DCS but not go all the way there, which i'm sure a lot of people would like. Plus this could be done with drones as well.

• Like 2

Will there be a new command for the AI ? Like commandBombDrop [getpos tank1, GBUbomb,2] ? Will the AI be using this at all at their descretion or is it just for the player ?

According to these comments, seems that I don't have to abandon my Targeting Pod addon any time soon  :lol:

There seems to be a bug with the new targeting system. On a lower difficulty I always have this dot in the middle of the screen, no clue what it's supposed to tell me, but it's annoying.

X0lD8G5.jpg

Let me be! :'(

I'm allowed to dream right?

But seriously, i dunno if devs know the amount of potential the class mfd could have with just adding a couple of conditions or sources.

My interpretation was "we're not unaware of the potential benefits, they simply didn't outweigh the costs of implementation in our evaluation" akin to how "view TGP feed via in-cockpit MFD" was definitively ruled out, albeit because of the PiP/RTT functionality itself being optional due to performance hit.

My interpretation was "we're not unaware of the potential benefits, they simply didn't outweigh the costs of implementation in our evaluation" akin to how "view TGP feed via in-cockpit MFD" was definitively ruled out, albeit because of the PiP/RTT functionality itself being optional due to performance hit.

And precisley, here I am reasoning that if it's an optional thing, should that be positive outweighing the reasons not to implement it? For those who can handle PIP (which even I can run it on Ultra on my low end rig), that means anyone who can't can simply usable it, thus having the MFD displaying something else instead of a PIP they can't run. But to be honest, anything would be better than the fake reflection on the A-143's MFD's that look literally the same as it does in the Czech DLC pack from A2. The only benefit it has is knowing what the TGP is doing. This weather players have it enabled or disabled, it wouldn't have any bad gameplay effects.

There seems to be a bug with the new targeting system. On a lower difficulty I always have this dot in the middle of the screen, no clue what it's supposed to tell me, but it's annoying.

It's not related to targeting. Looks like one of the cursors for indication where to be in formation?

It's not related to targeting. Looks like one of the cursors for indication where to be in formation?

Didn't even know that something like that exists.

Didn't even know that something like that exists.

It has been there since OFP, albeit in a different shape

iirc the formation cursor is a V

It has been there since OFP, albeit in a different shape

Yeah, its formation icon. Problem is, it appear allways, even if you are the commander (RC).

Just wanted to say, the new CCIP/Target cam looks awesome (without trying it myself). Simple enough for new players to use. Modding veterans can probably then mod it to their liking. :) Good Job BI!

We're actually considering to make it so that by cycling targets you mark anything that your sensors can pick up as long as it's not occupied by a friendly unit. (Here comes the magical IFF ;))

What gets marked is already prioritized according to threat, proximity and facing.

Maybe the coloring isn't even necessary - for no-shoots we already have the crossed square. And there are new ways how to verify target (pilot camera).

The biggest problem is that this would be quite a big change to the mechanic and could lead to lot of confusion and accidents.

I´m a bit late to this party, but here goes anyway:

Would it be possible to make the radar IFF-setting optional in the settings and then make it forcable on servers? This way communities could choose which system they would like to implement. 

As our community plays only PVP we removed radars completely through a mod to make air units more balanced. A great "inbetween" would have been where all radar icons would have been only "grey" and you would have been forced to visually confirm the target.

So my suggestion for the radar would be:

easy: green,orange, red -instant verification as it is currently.

medium: all objects grey - visual or radio id by players needed

hard: no radar 

Also as a nice bonus a small + or - sign on the side of the radar indicator to indicate if an air unit is below or above your altitude would be great. (but this is not so important)

• Like 1

Simple solution for the crew view location, difficulty setting! Means in singleplayer with AI you can see what they are doing and in multiplayer with players you can instead talk to say where they are facing.

Hardly any news on this, are the Dev's still working on the targeting systems? Or is this a low priority right now?

Hardly any news on this, are the Dev's still working on the targeting systems? Or is this a low priority right now?

There is still some work planned. But after Apex.

• Like 2

There is still some work planned. But after Apex.

Are we likely to see any of these current dev branch improvements in 1.6?

Everything most likely ;) We're now bugfixing and polishing configuration of the improvements

If you encounter an issue or there's something you really hate, report it now! Thanks a lot!

• Like 4

20-05-2016

Tweaked: The irScanGround config parameter was expanded (0 = only air, 1 = ground and air, 2 = only ground)

Fixed: Tanks and IFVs were able to track aerial units

Tweaked: APCs can now use auto-lead / zeroing on target while engaging with their cannons

Tweaked: The AAA radars are now more balanced

• Like 3

The AAA radars are now more balanced

Any chance for a feature to put a limit to the radar direction in the future? Currently it's 360° detection for everything, which is very powerfull - you never come into the situation where you get surprised by something that approaches from behind.