oukej

Targeting improvements

:wub:

Even tho I hoped deep down it would be a HUD implementation (like the Nou hud improvement clip above) I'm happy for whatever improvements being made :)

One step at a time.

• Like 2

Yeah,just hopfully,they will send it everything to the exellent mr  Kimi_uy to see what he can do to refine you`re work even more.....from a great start -to a better game in the end .As was intended with this game ,modding is fantastic!

All want to see more stuff added to so we could have more choices to improve it ,we need to get rid of the small things they complain of.Turret,more ways to script that-maybe start a thread with what certain modders say they need in particular.

Some say,they want a better way to make helicopers improve who could be set as a crew- can`t order any non-pilots,connect a Track IR to a gunturret andseveral other things that need a system behind it to work.

Not meant to say anything bad about the work done by Bis.We just need more choices build`t in,before we can refine it.

proxies only work on the main-turret is one of the complaints/hints.Can`t add them to pilot is a pita,according to one person.

Better Proxies/dual proxies ,more settings and brighter lights(that sometimes breaks a mod with a non-accurate positional setting) .

Mods can`t be used if thing are set wrong-a "back-up" setting that could make mods not break if they are missing something-or a way to use old style stuff in new mods.

Even a way for modders to disable stuff that couse the mod to become "unstable" until all is ready.

Some stuff may be better in a RPT-file,then emailed to the mod-maker.And maybe a lot more functions,scripting and odd ways to do the same thing is a way to go.So that something will make it work. 

Some people want a way to add twin-racks of rocket pods in a single go-without the tons-and-tons of proxies,

Feature request:

Tank turret and commander optics sync button. Even on real T-72 there is a button wich turn turret to commander's azimuth.

• Like 2

I love the new targeting changes, but i have one simple question. Do you guys think you could add the camera lock (Ctrl+T by default) to the gunships? OR at the very least the Camera stabilization?

• Like 2

I love the new targeting changes, but i have one simple question. Do you guys think you could add the camera lock (Ctrl+T by default) to the gunships? OR at the very least the Camera stabilization?

Is planned for this era.

• Like 6

Dr.hladik you guys are doing great , thanks for effort!!

I have a question though, so camera lock is now available but what about lasing target? It would really nice to first lock on a target maybe a building , and when camera is locked just apply the laser on the target.. Turn the plane release the bomb and watch the target explode.. Is this something in your plans?

Thanks

Dr.hladik you guys are doing great , thanks for effort!!

I have a question though, so camera lock is now available but what about lasing target? It would really nice to first lock on a target maybe a building , and when camera is locked just apply the laser on the target.. Turn the plane release the bomb and watch the target explode.. Is this something in your plans?

Thanks

see https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189734-targeting-improvements/?p=3014700

I havent swapped to dev yet to test these changes, can anyone confirm if the grid reference in the bottom of that video is the aircrafts own grid or the grid of where the camera is looking.

If it is the second thats brilliant and definitely a feature id love to see included on helicopters as well because it makes coordinating CAS so much easier.

This is more related to targeting improvement than the fixed wing flight model, is it possible to narrow the wipeout FOV / increase view default zoom. Dont look natural unlike DCS or others simulators.

Both MCFD are useless, one side could be the map and the other for target scanning 

In the multi-role CAS plane is more important to zoom enemies objects on the ground than fighter jets with the vanilla FOV for peripheral vision, its necessary for the GAU-8 for low flybys.

This is more related to targeting improvement than the fixed wing flight model, is it possible to narrow the wipeout FOV / increase view default zoom. Dont look natural unlike DCS or others simulators.

Both MCFD are useless, one side could be the map and the other for target scanning 

In the multi-role CAS plane is more important to zoom enemies objects on the ground than fighter jets with the vanilla FOV for peripheral vision, its necessary for the GAU-8 for low flybys.

I was actually just about to hint on this, after testing DEV today, everything is great, and literally perfect, but my only complaint was that the MFD's (Multi-Functional Display, AKA Common Display Panel's) don't actually show much, especially in the L-159 (Buzzard). My thought, a button or by default, the MFD's showing what the Targeting pod is looking at 24/7, this way you don't have to constantly be in the Pod screen view. Just like how the A-10/Su-25T both have the ability to show the Pod footage in cockpit.

putting a R2T screen in the cockpit with enable/disable action (hide animation) should be pretty easy, particulary since nothing else has to be changed in the cockpit for this. Hiding is good for saving performance too.

I too thought of having PiP MFD's in the cockpits but the draw distance on PiP isn't enough to be of much use at the distances that the targeting pod is likely to be used.

That, and how useful is "PiP/RTT MFCDs" when PiP/RTT can be disabled via the options?

I too thought of having PiP MFD's in the cockpits but the draw distance on PiP isn't enough to be of much use at the distances that the targeting pod is likely to be used.

For some it is, seeing a white or black object in the lock cross-hairs in well enough for situational awareness, even if it's pixelated. The reason is to maintain awareness, besides, this MFD is already functional inside the AH-99 Blackfoot. Having jets have said ability too would help alot, especially since (not speaking for everyone) i usually fly first person during long flights.

For some it is, seeing a white or black object in the lock cross-hairs in well enough for situational awareness, even if it's pixelated. The reason is to maintain awareness, besides, this MFD is already functional inside the AH-99 Blackfoot. Having jets have said ability too would help alot, especially since (not speaking for everyone) i usually fly first person during long flights.

Agreed.

I fly 1st person in serious missions also and find that PiP is useless beyond a few hundred meters which kind of defeats the purpose of having it in a fast moving aircraft which would normally by loitering at distances far beyond what PiP can even render.

As for the targeting pods, I had a chance to play around with these last night on Dev and I’m thoroughly impressed. My only concern is that the “Turret-lock†is broken as soon as mouse input is detected which is different to how the turret lock of the UAV’s functions. In the UAV’s the only way to unlock “Turret-lock†is via re-pressing the lock key.

So oukej, with all this love that targeting pods are getting might we see some improvements to the fixed-wing flight model? *wink wink*

can anyone confirm if the grid reference in the bottom of that video is the aircrafts own grid or the grid of where the camera is looking.

Both values on the bottom right relate to the target area/point.

• Like 1

Is there a script command coming/available that you can pick the CCIP point in world and/or on screen with?

• Like 1

I fly 1st person in serious missions also and find that PiP is useless beyond a few hundred meters which kind of defeats the purpose of having it in a fast moving aircraft which would normally by loitering at distances far beyond what PiP can even render.

And in any case, oukej has put in the seemingly last word on
:

As for the MFDs - we can't do it properly and we can't rely on picture-in-picture (can be switched off), so sorry about that :/

• Like 1

Sorry guys but have ask for you. Dont delete standard targeting - it will destroy gameplay. Imagine situation where you are flying A-164 and there is AA far, you cant see it beacuse limited Detail Distance (forced by bad optimalisation) and only way to get rid of that AA (now) is to push R key, if radar on our A-164 detect it (something like radar guided missles). In this situation, if we could bet only on targeting pod, we will be dead off course. Co dont delete auto targeting feature please, AI will not be interested in this way - they will only get more advantage than now (see throught the trees, grass etc.) ( :D) 

So I've been playing with the Blackfoot helicopter for a few hours the last few days and one issue which was very prominent is the way the locking works. Targets which were clearly visible with the bare eye were not lockable. I aimed in their direction and pressed T repeatedly but nothing. Sometimes it works on first try, sometimes it doesn't at all. Very annoying.

Furthermore, it seems that the locking mechanic isn't able to prioritise active vehicles. Very often, already destroyed vehicles are locked instead of the active tank 50 m next to it. I don't know how it works in real life, but for gameplay, proper priorities would be very helpful.

That is the difference between bohemia "acquired target" (lock) and FCS measured target.(lase)

With bohemia you rely on the engine to tell if it can or can not lock on the target.Or what

target to prioritize.

With FCS it's on you to measure aimed point.

With current system I get the same problem - if target goes partially behind the tree and stops the "target "lock"

will continuing run in the direction of movement.

To be able to use these features,we will need to have a better use of the H.O.T.A.S system.Now,we need to in-stall all things again,with every up-date/or even when I restart.

Can we get a .dat-file for X-52/X-55 system with the updates?  A lot doesn`t know how to set-up systems for aircraft/other,they have too many things needed that they have to configure

every time they want to use them-so they fly around with a just partly-configured system.

A Bis-system that will fix all buttons with Joysticks is needed.People don`t know how to set it up/or do this every time.So that there is a good foundations for adding things /mods and FSM.

Are you guys planning to add those ccip sources and such to the class MFD for huds? I could do some magic stuff if that was available.

BTW: I'm glad my tgp/uav camera idea got somewhere! :)

• Like 2