Sign in to follow this  
Variable.A

Do not use Arma 3 Stable with Arma Tools Dev

After going through multiple horrors with map, object binarization I can tell you all do not pack objects or maps with pboproject if you are running Dev Branch of Arma Tools and Arma 3 stable branch. THere is a conflic clearly. Going to Arma tools stable with arma 3 stable all seems to work fine.

Like I said previously, despite the fact that many users are using the dev branch of the tools like they would do with the main branch, it's meant for experimentation and in some cases, it uses the technologies only available in the dev branch, regardless what the status of the main branch is.

In short, when a new technology which implies a change at the tools level is introduced into the dev branch of the game (Recent cases: FontToGTA and Binarize), the tools are updated accordingly. This, in order to allow content creators to test their work ingame, with the upcoming features.

• Like 2

I'd have personally thought this falls under the "common sense" category of thinking, along with "Don't set yourself on fire" and "Don't eat razor-blades".