DarkDruid

New Respawn Screen (dev branch)

Added: The Respawn Menu now supports role / loadout limits

Is there any Biki or other information on this?

What I need is to disable the menuPosition interface but still have the player respawn. e.g like what would normally happen with simple "base" respawn.

Hi! Sorry for the late answer. I am afraid this is not directly supported. We wanted to limit this behaviour for security reasons.

15:58:19 Error in expression <ntity;

_limitArray = _inventoryDataList select _pos;

if (((count _limitArray) ==>

15:58:19 Error position: <select _pos;

if (((count _limitArray) ==>

15:58:19 Error Zero divisor

15:58:19 File A3\functions_f\respawn\fn_showRespawnMenuInventoryList.sqf, line 77

This should be fixed in the next update, thanks for letting us know!

Is there any Biki or other information on this?

No, not yet. It should be available soon.

• Like 1

I'd love to see people able to easily put a limit on classes, for example only being able to have Two snipers alive at any one time. Possibly added to the class -

class WEST1
    {
        displayName = "Light"; // Name visible in the menu
        icon = "\A3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\Ranks\sergeant_gs.paa"; // Icon displayed next to the name
        role = "Test";
        limit = 1; // Number, amount of players who can be this class at any one time

// Loadout definition, uses same entries as CfgVehicles classes
        weapons[] = {
            "arifle_MXC_F",
            "Binocular"
        };
        magazines[] = {
            "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",
            "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",
            "SmokeShell"
        };
        items[] = {
            "FirstAidKit"
        };
        linkedItems[] = {
            "V_Chestrig_khk",
            "H_Watchcap_blk",
            "optic_Aco",
            "acc_flashlight",
            "ItemMap",
            "ItemCompass",
            "ItemWatch",
            "ItemRadio"
        };
        uniformClass = "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt";
        backpack = "B_AssaultPack_mcamo";
    };
    class WEST2
    {
        // Alternative configuration pointing to a CfgVehicles class. Loadout will be copied from it.
        vehicle = "B_soldier_AR_F"
    };

Is it possible to give us control on the delay of "menuPosition" opening?

e.g. Suggestion

in Bis_fnc_showRespawnMenu line 7

can you give us control on the "3" in this: time = time + 3;

below extract from the function

[

_this spawn {

disableSerialization;

_mode = _this select 0;

if ((_mode == "open") && (time > 1) && (isNil {uiNamespace getVariable "BIS_RscRespawnControls_skipBlackOut"})) then {

_respawnDelay = playerRespawnTime;

switch true do {

case (_respawnDelay > 5): {

_time = time + 3;

waitUntil {(time > _time) || (!isNil {uiNamespace getVariable "BIS_RscRespawnControls_skipBlackOut"})};

cutText ["","black out",0.5];

sleep 1;

cutText ["","black in"];

};

case (_respawnDelay > 2): {

_time = time + 0.5;

waitUntil {(time > _time) || (!isNil {uiNamespace getVariable "BIS_RscRespawnControls_skipBlackOut"})};

cutText ["","black out",0.5];

sleep 1;

cutText ["","black in"];

};

};

};

]

Hi there, I think I may have run into a bug that's possibly related to the new overlay.

In any given situation on the map screen there appears to be a hidden GUI element taking up a portion of the bottom of the screen.

I have marked the area in red in the screenshot:

HiXS2AxL.jpg

Moving the cursor over this area changes its icon to an arrow as you would get when you mouse over a GUI element (Though I can't capture that in the screenshot).

The effect of this is that it removes map interaction within this box, so no GPS coords on the cursor or no ability to double click to add a map note.

While this may just be cooincidence, the size of the box is consistent with that of the new respawn overlay and has only appeared within the last week.

E

EDIT: Ah looks like Imperator beat me to it, but the screen should illustrate his point too.

Hi Darkdruid

I have been testing on RC1.60 and found that the issue as in my previous posts is still occurring, however I believe I've found a repro:

It happens in any showcase mission when you load an autosave.

So for example in showcase SCUBA, once you have disabled all the mines, there is an autosave initiated.

Allow yourself to be killed and then load the mission from the autosave.

The respawn bar will now be present on the map screen, this wasn't the case at the beginning of the mission.

This doesn't seem to be the case with user saves that the player creates before an autosave.

Exiting the mission and resuming does not fix the issue.

Once the bug appears, initiating subsequent user saves and loading them does not fix the issue.

I would therefore conclude it is something to do with auto saves and where they permanently store their save-game info.

First, sorry for my poor English  :mellow:

It's feature or bug, when do you expect that you raise, you can open your inventory and undress completely?

txphMae.jpg

I'd love to see people able to easily put a limit on classes, for example only being able to have Two snipers alive at any one time. Possibly added to the class

This feature is already implemented in slightly different way. Documentation will be available soon (probably Monday).

Is it possible to give us control on the delay of "menuPosition" opening?

You should be already able to remove that delay completely if needed. There is nothing like complete control of the delay in our plans and I am afraid there is no way to change this for the upcoming 1.60 update. But if you need this for your missions, we can definitely reconsider this and add it after the update.

Hi Darkdruid

I have been testing on RC1.60 and found that the issue as in my previous posts is still occurring, however I believe I've found a repro:

It happens in any showcase mission when you load an autosave.

Thanks for the repro! I will look at it and try to track it down.

First, sorry for my poor English  :mellow:

It's feature or bug, when do you expect that you raise, you can open your inventory and undress completely?

No worries, my English isn't perfect either ;)

This is not directly controlled by the new Respawn Screen and it is more related to the Revive System. I will pass this to the guys working on Revive and we will see what they think about it. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 2

You should be already able to remove that delay completely if needed. There is nothing like complete control of the delay in our plans and I am afraid there is no way to change this for the upcoming 1.60 update. But if you need this for your missions, we can definitely reconsider this and add it after the update.

I actually would like to Increase the delay. I understand that after all is settled I can create new functions from the existing Bis ones, recompile them and guide/redirect the script from there but that implies that a custom template should be accepted in Description.ext to replace the preexisting "MenuPosition". Unfortunately, the word "MenuPosition" is embedded in more that one other functions that are involved in the Respawn process that makes it impractical to recompile so many functions for one small delay. However there is a chance that I got it wrong and there is another way. Please, and when you get around it, redirect my thinking process and I will find the answer.

No worries, my English isn't perfect either ;)

This is not directly controlled by the new Respawn Screen and it is more related to the Revive System. I will pass this to the guys working on Revive and we will see what they think about it. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for answer.

One suggestion for Revive System, can you add revive function for AI(Medic, Recon Medic) in Player Group.

Example:

Player is down, but AI Medic in his group(squad) still alive.

Player Press 6 and select command "Revive Sq Leader"

AI Medic revive Player!

Everyone is happy :627: :slayer:

This is wonderful feature for Warfare mission, when players use AI's.

Documentation of new Respawn screen released: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn:_New_Respawn_Screen

I actually would like to Increase the delay. I understand that after all is settled I can create new functions from the existing Bis ones, recompile them and guide/redirect the script from there but that implies that a custom template should be accepted in Description.ext to replace the preexisting "MenuPosition". Unfortunately, the word "MenuPosition" is embedded in more that one other functions that are involved in the Respawn process that makes it impractical to recompile so many functions for one small delay. However there is a chance that I got it wrong and there is another way. Please, and when you get around it, redirect my thinking process and I will find the answer.

You should be able to create a mod which directly modifies only that one function which controls the delay. But this would require all people connecting to your server to download this mod.

Thank you for answer.

One suggestion for Revive System, can you add revive function for AI(Medic, Recon Medic) in Player Group.

Example:

Player is down, but AI Medic in his group(squad) still alive.

Player Press 6 and select command "Revive Sq Leader"

AI Medic revive Player!

Everyone is happy  :627:  :slayer:

This is wonderful feature for Warfare mission, when players use AI's.

I will pass this request too and we will see what can be done in this matter. However, I would recommend to use the General Discussion thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/) for any further feedback on the Revive feature. From technical point of view it is solution separated from the respawn screen and guys working on Revive don't monitor this thread, but they do monitor the General Discussion. Thanks for all your feedback! :ok:

• Like 4

@darkdruid: thanks for the example. just one question:

in the descripition.ext

what is the cfgRoles doing and where would the "test" class show up?

class CfgRoles
{
class Test
{
displayName = "Test";
icon = "\A3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\Ranks\sergeant_gs.paa";
};
}

*edit:* nevermind. i just saw, that there are more details in the link to the documentation. i guess, i'll figure it out, when 1.60 hits...

Hey its looking good hopefully we can finally get rid of the slow scripted revive and re spawn scripts. Looking though your documentation there seems to be nothing about allowing players to use a unlimited/ limited arsenal for their gear.I think this would be a great addition to allow players to mess and sort their load-out while they are waiting  to re-spawn.

Take this scenario;

1. player dies
  2. Waits to re-spawn (say 2-3 min)
  3. re-spawns on selected location
  4. Spends time adjusting his loadout
  5. gets back into the fight

My current solution is.

1. player dies
  2. Waits to re-spawn (10 sec)
  3. re-spawns in  a boxed off area with arsenal
  4. Spends time adjusting his load-out (with 2-3 min wait timer)
  5. Teleport to location
  6. gets back into the fight

Some supporting functionality would be to save a load-out for on re-spawn or spawn with the gear the player had when they died.

What do you guys think?

Some supporting functionality would be to save a load-out for on re-spawn or spawn with the gear the player had when they died.

I'm totally agree. It's be really cool if we can select the gear's player had when they die and respawn on squad's player.

Maybe like ALiVE respawn mod but it not enough customisable.

Here are three issues which hopefully will not make it into 1.60

1. The respawn countdown overlaps with the display. I have marked a possible position for it in the screenshot. Just saw that it's already implemented in the dialogue, so ignore the suggested location, just hide the additional counter.

2. There is a black bar above the loadout details combo box. Guess this is supposed to be some sort of a headline with an X to close the combo box.

3. If one places a marker called respawn_west_x, and set it's text to Location 1. The text from the map marker, will overlap with the one from the respawn menu. See second screenshot.

cie78Vi.jpg

byb2qW1.jpg

Was tested in version 1.60 RC

Are there plans to allow the Revive template to use this Respawn system upon "actual" death?

I haven't managed to get the Revive to work with anything other than Instant or Position respawn which severely cripples its use.

Following error message pops up when I set up respawn in Eden.

MRaWIOZ.jpg

Settings are:

#define RSP respawn ;)

- RSP on custom pos

- Revive

- select RSP pos

- substract RSP tickets

Appreciate the new respawn system, but it is horribly broken in Zeus or anything similiar.

If you try to apply ANY custom loadout as a zeus, and get rid of all non-custom or arsenal-made loadout, it will not show up in the respawn screen in any way, and the only loadout visible is the last default one you chose.

Ontop of that, it's like playing loadout roulette, where every time you spawn you get a different random loadout.

Would love a fix for this, as it is a major issue at the moment in BI Pub Zeus Servers and any others.

• Like 1

This respawn system is definitely better than the old one. The only important improvement I can think of is to enable full spectator mode instead of the limited one that's currently implemented. It doesn't display any valuable information at all, and there are no indications of how to control the thing.

Just wanted to report an issue, unsure if it's on my end or not.

I'm having trouble getting the role limits to work right. I can limit one role without problems; I can see the number I set as a limit to the right of the role name on the respawn screen. However, if I assign a second role a limit, I get an error message at the respawn screen:

6e2dswT.jpg

The loadouts are still available, but I see no limit number next to any role. I can still respawn and play however. 

Here's the relevant part of my description.ext

class CfgRespawnInventory
{
	class Class1
	{
	vehicle = "B_Soldier_F";
	role = "role1";	
	};

class Class2
	{
	role = "role2";
	vehicle = "B_Soldier_M_F";
	};
};

class CfgRoles
{
     class role1
     {
          displayName = "Role1";
          icon = "\A3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\Ranks\sergeant_gs.paa";
     };

class role2
     {
          displayName = "Role2";
          icon = "\A3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\Ranks\private_gs.paa";
     };
};

Here is the init.sqf I used for testing 

[missionNamespace, ["class1",0,1]] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnInventory;
[missionNamespace, ["class2",0,1]] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnInventory;

I tried switching up the limits, limiting only roles, loadouts, or both, but the message remained the same.

Love the new system by the way!

I'm just confirming that custom loadouts does not work in curator mode any longer (post 1.6). Please do the fixin'.

@darkdruid - just wanted to know if the team is aware that the new respawn menu does not show up after dying in a resumed/saved game? (not tested in dev branch, only retail 1.60)

Is there currently a way to use 

{"MenuPosition","MenuInventory","Tickets","Spectator"};

but have it use EG spectator mode? My unit 100% prefers the EG spectator over the current one implemented with the new spawn screen.

Or is there at least a plan to implement this in the future?

• Like 1