firewill

[WIP]The Rival : F-22 Raptor Vs F-23 Grey Ghost Standalone

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

The Rival : F-22 Raptor vs F-23 Grey Ghost Standalone 

- F-22 Raptor and F-23 Grey Ghost(YF-23 irl)

- AWS

- more information will be release.

(photo from before)

4DCF3C5EBA62C74F4953160BF1B26617FC85E61A

931AC327348BFBE130D8157AB43F0C6C961EE5D2

D2191D76296BC093070FB88257A5F1A40ABEE7F3

• Like 23

Another great work as always Firewill. ;) What do you mean with stealth ability? Hard to lock on or invisible on the map?

This bird it would have been naturally part of Arma 3(like the AH 99 Blackfoot), Great idea, thanks for bringing to light!  :dancehead:

• Like 1

As igu@na says this could have been a plane in the base game and it would have been perfect, great job

Yay! I was just about to ask for news on "Hallucination War" and then you were faster than me, Firewill! Awesome as ever! Anxious to see the other new futuristic jets from this new project of yours (specially that secret plane on the Tomcat thread screenshot, from months ago...I haven´t forgot that lol)

This one fits increadebly the 2035 scenario.... keep them coming!

Cheers!

Yay! I was just about to ask for news on "Hallucination War" and then you were faster than me, Firewill! Awesome as ever! Anxious to see the other new futuristic jets from this new project of yours (specially that secret plane on the Tomcat thread screenshot, from months ago...I haven´t forgot that lol)

This one fits increadebly the 2035 scenario.... keep them coming!

Cheers!

little info about Hallucination war

- Hallucination War's theme is "Endless War with unknown Enemies" in 2040s. its based on arma world but no relation with Arma timeline. but timeline is start in 2010s, because First contact was 2006.

- in Hallucination War, Common Manned Aircraft is replace by New Unmanned Fighter Aircraft little by little. In European Theater, UFA(Unmanned Fighter Aircraft) is consist the 40% of USAFE(United States Air Force in Europe)

- originally, XF-23 Black Phantom was developed for F-23A Upgrade Plan Called Black Phantom Project

• Like 2

Are you saying your making one version a drone like the movie stealth. That would be bad ass to see a drone aircraft. If not i just read ur statement wrong.

If someone did a port of the Arma 2 VF-1S we could have a version of Macross Plus.  :P 

The YF-23 was an equal or better plane than the YF-22 in all aspects except it was only slightly less maneuverable at extremely low airspeeds. Better supercruise performance, range, stealth, and able to achieve the F-22's 60 degree AOA without thrust vectoring. Though the F-22 was supposedly the cheaper option. They even pulled the radar out of the F-22 and replaced it with the YF-23's.

• Like 1

If someone did a port of the Arma 2 VF-1S we could have a version of Macross Plus.  :P

The YF-23 was an equal or better plane than the YF-22 in all aspects except it was only slightly less maneuverable at extremely low airspeeds. Better supercruise performance, range, stealth, and able to achieve the F-22's 60 degree AOA without thrust vectoring. Though the F-22 was supposedly the cheaper option. They even pulled the radar out of the F-22 and replaced it with the YF-23's.

According to USAF Data the F22 Raptor has better stealth and excels in hiding its heat signature.

From a pure Aerospace Engineering Point of View the F22 is the far superior Jet.

Back to topic: Its nice to see the F23 in the Game, it could be nice for some dark evil Company or something.

• Like 1

Probably my favorite aircraft this one is. Would you consider doing a fictional RCAF scheme? If not I'd be willing to try doing that one it releases.

I'm curious, theres a quite a few things the USAF and lockheed never got to before the YF was cancelled so theres no data about certain things like external hard points and AG weaponry etc.

So will you be borrowing features from the F22, like the weaponry its able to take and so-forth or will it be your creativity that fill fill these gaps? 

Beautiful! Always thought this as superior to the Raptor but cost a tad more. Good to see NATO finally coming to their senses! :D

A drone,Yay!  But I rather see the Stealth drone ,from the movie....what Arma lacks at present ,is a good Auto pilot feature,they fly wierd at best.And there is not very many attack profiles,that don`t make them get shot down almost instantly,none actually .

Some stand-alone program that could be connected to the planes that could program instant flight changes at specific WP for true Nap-of-Earth flight will be needed to survive Pooks missiles

,unless someone invents some way to do collision avoidence . 

Some sort of ruler to measure height,and preset the WP inside the cockpit and a way to disable the `magic radar` and a fast auto-lock onto several targets at once may just make this YF-23 the new favorite plane for A-G .

To make the RIO work better,is probably the next needed step to improve what could be done from the air in the Arma world.

This plane looks amazing,hope you will keep this up-this just might be better than the F-15.

YF-23 omg I so want, I've always found that aircraft to be oh so beautiful. It's just such a nice and clean design as well as pretty. And you say it will have stealth in game, thus say off radar. Oh GIVE IT TO ME!!

It's nice to see the alternative to the F-22 since the YF-23 was actually stealthier and faster than the YF-22. And it is just a slick looking jet!

It's kind of unfortunate they never installed the smaller engine nacelle housings but I think, especially for a game, it gives them a pretty cool profile and you're work on it looks great as always!

• Like 1

Yeah the slimmer profile looks SWEEEEEET. As far as it not being adopted, it was a case of the Air Force going with the less-riskier option, which given the Air Force's habit of fucking high-profile programs up was a good idea. The YF-23 was an excellent aircraft, maybe even better than the YF-22, but the Air Force rightfully didn't trust itself enough to not screw up their first large-scale stealth procurement.

But of course program development cycles have little bearing on video games, so we can enjoy the fruits of alternate history to the fullest! :D It is a fantastic fit for the armaverse

• Like 1