Sign in to follow this  
stugj88

Weapon names question

i actually have a few questions,

first the title topic,

ive been searching all the files for the exact weapon names as i am trying to add more choices for ace2 warfare, they left out so many amazing rifles n toys, i have found many names of these weapons where they are linked but, they never work, I have successfully added things like the balaclava and some misc things to warfare buy menu, and also i question if there is extra you have to do to add weapons? balaclava was i believe in just 2 files i had to add it to and it worked, but maybe im missing something for weapons?

i wasnt aware these weapons were even in the game till i played with the armoury and saw some of my favorite weapons for the first time n ive had this game since new..

some of the weapons id really love to add are:

-m4 and m4a1 black and the camo version but with the basic heatshield and both iron sights and no RIS handles, basically the m4 from mid 90s i saw that its in the game somewhere.. also, is there a version of the m4a1 CCO SD with iron sights instead of the cco sight?

-m16a4, every version of it available in the game and ace2 (ex) m16a4 with ironsights. and if there is an m16a1 in the game

-ace2's beautiful version of the AKM and AKS as well as that gold AKS, as well as AK74m, and the AKS74p iron sight, RPK (not 74)

-all mp5 variants as well as the ump45 all variants

basically where would i go about finding the exact names i need to put for them to work?  also ive entered the weapons into "CORE GEAR" and "CORE LOADOUTS" not sure if theres anywhere else i need to enter the names.

P.S sorry for saying weapon so much

Question 2:

in the Ace2  CHUX 1.8 version of warfare i see no warfare module in the editor? as im trying to add more starting ai units/playable units but i see no module to sync them to so it doesnt work.

wondering how i would go about adding more units with that?

offtopic but ill might as well ask here too in one post, is it just me or are ace2 weapons too accurate now and the wind seems to not be working properly? i remember ace2 had just spectacular realism regarding windage and drop but its not so realistic anymore..

And lastly about if there is a fix for the deployed bipod ironsights not lining up? in real id be forcing my head to line up the sights in combat regardless of comfort level n how it looks so i kill them before they kill me... it sucks long range specially on a hill and rear sight is taking up most of the screen and you cant see downrange anymore and they kill you...

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with these topics.

1 more thing that has come to my attention, does anyone know where i would go to edit a domination mission, specifically to change when its ranked, to be able to pick up any weapons laying around, why ppl would remove this is beyond me, its more realistic, and kind of like a "trophy" to take an enemy weapon.

For Weapons classnames, search BI wiki and ACE thread

Wind still affects projectiles in ACE 1.14 quite well 

Having too much weapons is counterproductive. It causes players taking too much time gearing up.  Have rifle or two in your weaponbox for each of the folowing situation: CQB, Shortrange, midrange, longrange, low visibility, silent, add one rifle with midrange scope and GL, and you have variety enough.

Thank you for the response,  and how is it counter productive adding just 5 or so rifles? haha, but anyway i figured out a really easy way, just download the loadout editor "LEA" and every weapon is there incl. ace2 with their exact names you need to use them.. so im very happy now got the beautiful aks, and my favorite m4a1 :D

Id still really like to know how i can go about fixing the bipod/sights problem and and the warfare adding of more units, anyone?

thanks again for any responses.

If you ad 5 more rifles you will have problems with "girls" unable to decide wich rifle goes better with theyr shoes and lipstic. Entire unit will have to wait for them.

• Like 2

haha i suppose, but i do not have a dedicated server so i host right from my pc and i havnt played with someone online in bout a couple years anyway, if i do play with someone, it will be specific ppl, not many that i know so all good. i have put now more explosives, mines grenades and gas mask as well as the rifles ive been craving to use and see,

but now i have the task of figuring out how to add more units to a warfare mission that doesnt have a warfare module in sight, even the start units on map arent synced to anything, just there on their own but somehow they work...  ill google some more but ive been having zero luck finding a tutorial on how to add units the "special" way they did making that warfare.  its chux 1.8 btw

Go trough the mission Folder and Check the ".sqf" files. Some missions are entirely edited from sqfs

also if you get LEA it will show to the classnames of all items nice and easy