KUNDUZ BASES

by DonbassCZ

783E8A60CE0B7D852461D367E5ED8FB8378F3CE2

Story:

After completing the work which related to building and fortifying bases in Takistan we moved to Kunduz province in the northern part of Afghanistan. We have been called by the local command to build a new bases and some outposts that should improve the current situation in this region.

Description:

Hello. After my latest project called Takistan bases i started building bases in Kunduz province made by Project Reality team. It will be about 1-2 FOBs (I cant say it now), 2 outposts. So i hope you are looking forward and I hope that it would be as popular as Takistan bases :)

PS: I will add pictures as soon as possible (7th April 2016)

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 5

Hello. So here is the 1st German FOB which is next to the Airport road. Its not so much pics but i did it very carefully with detail so i hope you will like it and see you soon.

114D960F352601A99B5B7DC8ED4EDDB6255D22B1

17478D5A9A562D25CA8C36BCD1883117E97A3773

E5400C3D00B7AFF987B293857FD94FDF8E7F5001

F7D594AB88274E3571572450526AA3E5394C0F89

6F29773FFE1B2AB459FC4E0FDF9A27820F453077

D8357FFD33F938FD4FA13C3D35621DAD5B3DF06B

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 3

Wheres the Showers? :P

Yey! I though about them and i will maybe add them. But main question is how do them?? Do you have any idea?

Yey! I though about them and i will surely add them. But main question is how do them?? Do you have any idea?

To be honest I don't know

• Like 1

Hello. So here is what i did today. Its outpost near Chahar Dara village. Hope you like it. :) Also i started making Police station which is in the north of map next to the Airport road. So look forward it!

3F2958001DE0DE71F0FF279827D851DECF05389D

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 2

Hi. Today i have for you the police station you want. Its near Anbar Tappeh village. There is one main entrance and second for people. I will change some places and delete some vegetation but this is the end view of the station. I hope you like it.

EDIT: Also iam not sure about checkpoint on the Airport road but surely i will add one more oupost in the south of the map and then it will maybe be finish :(.

CFA796D367C85A9C508129F99EFCEDDBDD6E598A

50B23324A1D86835B8F12710E83730F33723E16B

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 2

Thanks very much. I think it could be finish till this week end. So looking forward it! :)

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 1

Some progress of main German base. Added heliport, watchtowers, tents, briefing place, shooting range, showers (WIP), some details. Containers are full of things.  Thanks

06745C366A5ED1B3F9F47C4F9D99015365ECDA02

49F91C87232134740FEE29845819CE97847198A8

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 2

Looking sweet!! Just a minor observation, you should move the POL (Fuel Point) away from any accommodation/working areas  and have it isolated and semi sealed off, so that any incoming that hits in wouldn't wipe out those close by.

• Like 1

Looking sweet!! Just a minor observation, you should move the POL (Fuel Point) away from any accommodation/working areas  and have it isolated and semi sealed off, so that any incoming that hits in wouldn't wipe out those close by.

Thanks for your idea i will do it and move it out of barracks. Any others ideas?

Greets DonbassCZ

Thanks for your idea i will do it and move it out of barracks. Any others ideas?

Greets DonbassCZ

You can add something like a small hospital :)

• Like 1

I've spent many a day and night on FOB's and COP's in Iraq over the past 12 years, so yeah a few but it means extra clutter, putting sandbags or HESCO around tented accommodation and Generators, serves several purposes, it minimises damage if they're close to an impact area, and secondly, it limits the direction and distance of frag, IF they're directly hit themselves. 

Put small jersey barriers on any length of strait road on the lead to the FOB/Site to create a Chicane to slow down potential SVBIED's and also they're natural traffic calming measures and give the guys on the gate a bot more protection from speeding vehicles. 

Most of the Rig Locations I've been on, building your  main entry point on natural curves in the road is also smart, as it's a natural traffic calming measure.

Rotate or move your 25M Range away from the Flight Line as well, Helo's don't take too kindly to having stray rounds and ricochets landing near them. I had a contact outside Kalsu FOB in Iraq back in 2007, and we fired back in the general direction of the bad guys, which unfortunately was also in line of sight of the flight line, which we didn't know or realise about, till I got to FOB Scania and was asked to go and see the OIC of their TOC. Seems several rounds from our wagons landed on the flight line, no damage caused, but it scared the fuck out of the POGUES !!   When I called the Kalsu TOC, the female Captain there said don't worry, no harm was done they seen the contact happening on their "Eagle Eye" worst part was, it was a Blue on White, one of their guys had an ND (Negligent discharge) with a SAW and we thought it was bad guys.. Just as well my guys were shit shots!! :D 

The only reason we managed to reach the flight line too which was over 1000M's away from the MSR, was my gunner fell off his pedestal and fire a burst of 20 rounds into the air!! hahahahaha

• Like 3

You can add something like a small hospital :)

I added it like small tent (mash) on the place where was the fuel magazine. FM was placed near the canvas tents in the parking zone and fortified by 2 big Hbars fron each side.

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 1

I've spent many a day and night on FOB's and COP's in Iraq over the past 12 years, so yeah a few but it means extra clutter, putting sandbags or HESCO around tented accommodation and Generators, serves several purposes, it minimises damage if they're close to an impact area, and secondly, it limits the direction and distance of frag, IF they're directly hit themselves. 

Put small jersey barriers on any length of strait road on the lead to the FOB/Site to create a Chicane to slow down potential SVBIED's and also they're natural traffic calming measures and give the guys on the gate a bot more protection from speeding vehicles. 

Most of the Rig Locations I've been on, building your  main entry point on natural curves in the road is also smart, as it's a natural traffic calming measure.

Rotate or move your 25M Range away from the Flight Line as well, Helo's don't take too kindly to having stray rounds and ricochets landing near them. I had a contact outside Kalsu FOB in Iraq back in 2007, and we fired back in the general direction of the bad guys, which unfortunately was also in line of sight of the flight line, which we didn't know or realise about, till I got to FOB Scania and was asked to go and see the OIC of their TOC. Seems several rounds from our wagons landed on the flight line, no damage caused, but it scared the fuck out of the POGUES !!   When I called the Kalsu TOC, the female Captain there said don't worry, no harm was done they seen the contact happening on their "Eagle Eye" worst part was, it was a Blue on White, one of their guys had an ND (Negligent discharge) with a SAW and we thought it was bad guys.. Just as well my guys were shit shots!! :D 

The only reason we managed to reach the flight line too which was over 1000M's away from the MSR, was my gunner fell off his pedestal and fire a burst of 20 rounds into the air!! hahahahaha

Okay. Thanks. I will try to do what you recommend. also great idea! and nice story :D

Greets DonbassCZ

Hello. So here is update of FOB with more fortified entrance, tents, added more clutter, container with servers( IT container? :) ), some wathtowers etc.

I have got bad news for sargken. I deleted showers because i really didnt know how to make the so sorry :( .

PS: Still dont know the name of this base. You can give me some inspiration.

72DFC8AC635A883764DC05F387FA280C88F1DF54

EC5C1F81B6FB5465C6E8421A62E83AA7E43455DE

01DE5CD6AD711549D99A9A2849B67A4F865EE608

EEFA77721CE326519200A9625B6367568EFD1EFF

6368DC60F7110748AB7575016D3E8CA2E877E5AD

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 4

Looks good, move the windsock into the flight pan, so that the pilots have a visual aid for wind.

FOB Name? easy... FOB "ERIKA" ;)

• Like 1

Looks good, move the windsock into the flight pan, so that the pilots have a visual aid for wind.

FOB Name? easy... FOB "ERIKA" ;)

But when i will remove it then the wind doesnt go there and then the pilots dont know how is it with wind? So... :)

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 1