cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

As a side note, I "restarted" the mission and it appears that it saved my gear, nutrition and hydration levels from my previous run with a friend.

7 hours ago, Foozlekiller said:

As a side note, I "restarted" the mission and it appears that it saved my gear, nutrition and hydration levels from my previous run with a friend.

Go to SP scenarios in Arma menu, then go to ravage mission folder and start "Ravage MP saves manager" you should be in VR map. Go to saved character and delete it.

• Haha 1

That was the reason I turned off persistency for escape..

Now I remember  why I had it off lol

should be mostly fixed with the exception of some of the loot not syncing and airdrops disappearing into the ground... need to have a look at that.

Cheers all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt7xhok8o4xskuf/Ravage-[Coop]The_Escape_Malden.Malden.pbo.zip?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, a little more feedback: We tried the new Malden version yesterday and everything seemed to work as intended. Alas we noticed a couple oddities:

- The starting crates seemed to contain a bunch of weapons wich in turn weren't usable (also equipment and ammo). Also we noticed that only one of us actually saw the guns in the crate while the other one didn't. On the second crate this was the other way around. I guess this is what you meant by "loot not syncing".

- Respawning didn't work. I found and pitched a spawning tent and could use it as a respawning point myself but my friend couldn't. He couldn't even respawn at the start and had to relog after he died to start back on the coast. This is a bit of a bummer since I don't think we'll ever be able to do this on a single life (we're shit).

Edited by Arfour
We're stupid too.

13 hours ago, Arfour said:

So, a little more feedback: We tried the new Malden version yesterday and everything seemed to work as intended. Alas we noticed a couple oddities:

- The starting crates seemed to contain a bunch of weapons wich in turn weren't usable (also equipment and ammo). Also we noticed that only one of us actually saw the guns in the crate while the other one didn't. On the second crate this was the other way around. I guess this is what you meant by "loot not syncing".

- Respawning didn't work. I found and pitched a spawning tent and could use it as a respawning point myself but my friend couldn't. He couldn't even respawn at the start and had to relog after he died to start back on the coast. This is a bit of a bummer since I don't think we'll ever be able to do this on a single life (we're shit).

Nah man... we got killed a bunch too. 

Thats odd though... 

We had no issues with respawn... and it is also odd that you could and your pal couldn't.

That would suggest to me that the problem is local to your friends pc.

You are welcome to join my server and test and see if the issue persists.

• Like 1

Nevermind, we're not just bad, we're stupid too. Turns out, we were too far from each other to register the respawn point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We played again yesterday. This time dedicated with four players and had quite a blast. Respawning worked, but only with the tent. If someone died otherwise he still had to relog. Is this intentional? (On this note: If someone used this method of respawning, he suddenly could access all of the starting crates and get the standard loot in there. Which meant a farewell to ammo problems.)

What we noticed were quite high spawn rates for bandit camps though. We had one location in particular which we cleared, used as a temporary holdout and visited again later, only to find it had respawned two or three new camps at once. There were a LOT of bad guys. In the end there were three or four campfires, suggesting the same amount of camps had spawned there. Good thing we managed to get the Strider going we found on the way. Turns out, an armoured vehicle with a 12mm machinegun helps a lot against bandits. ;)

Again: Your mission is really great fun. The lack of persistency (safe points, re-entry) is a bummer if you don't manage to do the mission in one go though.

• Like 3

Glad it was fun and respawn worked. It is an intentional choice to limit the respawns. Its to give dying some gravity but it may not be right gameplay choice for this mode. Ill think about it.

Persistency might work if we could seperate position and gear into seperate settings in the module... something to think about.

Ill look at the triggers for the bandit camps and loot crates at the start. 

Its likely the bandit camp kept getting triggered as its set to repeatable so it likely needs a good delay.

Thanks for the reports.

As we get this narrowed down Cherno Redux approaches lol...

• Like 3

On 06/01/2018 at 9:13 PM, cosmic10r said:

Persistency might work if we could seperate position and gear into seperate settings in the module... something to think about.

That's actually a good idea for a dedicated "persistency module". The current option is barebone and was made in urgency when I was making Ravage MP-compatible.

Having a fully modular approach, with more options as to how and where data is stored and managed is something I would like to achieve further down the line - especially if it can improve compatibility with other solutions such as Alive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

me and my friend started playing the escape malden part yesterday and quite enjoyed it. However, as I (I was the admin) pressed Save & Exit, it saved but as we rejoined today, my friend was back on the start, with all his things gone. I was in the correct place with all my gear, seeing my friend popping up shortly, but then he disappears and spawns at the start. He himself just saw it as if the we have started a fresh game.

Is there any fix for this, as it makes the game unplayable for us in multiplayer :( Or are we doing something wrong?

We are playing in a LAN game via Evolve (VPN).

Thanks in advance :)

On 04/01/2018 at 2:24 AM, Hans(z) said:

Go to SP scenarios in Arma menu, then go to ravage mission folder and start "Ravage MP saves manager" you should be in VR map. Go to saved character and delete it.

39 minutes ago, huyhuy90 said:

Hey guys,

me and my friend started playing the escape malden part yesterday and quite enjoyed it. However, as I (I was the admin) pressed Save & Exit, it saved but as we rejoined today, my friend was back on the start, with all his things gone. I was in the correct place with all my gear, seeing my friend popping up shortly, but then he disappears and spawns at the start. He himself just saw it as if the we have started a fresh game.

Is there any fix for this, as it makes the game unplayable for us in multiplayer :( Or are we doing something wrong?

We are playing in a LAN game via Evolve (VPN).

Thanks in advance :)

There is likely a mp save from the old persistency version .

Read HansZ response above. It should eliminate that as long as you are usng the latest version .

Be warned tho. It makes it a single playthrough mission. 

We never played it before, so there should not be any old save-file. Is there any way that we can rejoin our game and go on from the point were we left? As I said, it worked well for me as the host, but my mate was reset.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, huyhuy90 said:

We never played it before, so there should not be any old save-file. Is there any way that we can rejoin our game and go on from the point were we left? As I said, it worked well for me as the host, but my mate was reset.

Seems really odd.

Sorry man... not at this point. We are going to try to get persistency worked on a bit at some point. 

Try BlackDogs mission on malden... Tourist mentioned it was really cool!

That being said...

When is the next Ravage Escape session...

Cherno Redux anyone?

• Like 2

Blackdog’s mission doesn’t have persistence I don’t think. Although the title does :). I haven’t tried it (this would be why), but a guy asked about it and he replied there was no saving. Obviously don’t take my word on it but his reply on it is in the thread. Hopefully he gets it sorted because it does sound cool.

@cosmic10r

I'm all ears if a Chernoredux mission is afoot!   Maybe January 3rd?  Details to be discussed in the discord group, I suggest. 

@HeroesandvillainsOS

The mission from  bl2ckdog ATTOW is WIP and therefor offers only partial persistence.  Besides the proprietary RAVAGE stats, health and position saving for all human players, it also persists a few mission specific values like the money count, the XP and the rank.  Also vehicles can be saved via the garage system.  The whole extDB3 framework for which the mission seems to be pre-configured is highly interesting though for persistence; maybe bl2ckdog will  in the future expand upon the values that can be saved.  You do have to configure a MySQL server like for Exile though if you want to use extDB to save and retrieve large chunks of data - and I haven't even tried that out myself yet, so not sure how complicated it would be to get all the values of this mission saved & loaded reliably.

• Like 1

Hi hate to bump this thread but can one of the authors review the mission packs as it seems there are compatibility issues with the newest build of ARMA? Would love for the community to support these missions again seeing how well escape is doing on Vanilla ARMA 3.

Would love to play with a group of survivors trying to return back to Civilization! :D

• Like 1

Hello, I recently wanted to play this with a friend.

There seems to be some major errors as we were not able to even start the session,

as we couldn't get further than a respawn screen which says respawn disabled and you can't interact with anything in the menu.

Images below:

When joining lobby:

jVUBEb9.png

When pressing start:

owk4Zm9.png

When the mission has loaded:

KmxqJw6.jpg