cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

by Bad Benson, Evil Organ, Tourist, CosmiC

Escape_zpspysut5ga.jpg

and heeeerrrreee we go....

This mission was born out of a testbed. It was not designed to be a full mission from the get go but became that over time due to the talents of a number of people.

We are privileged  to have tested and contributed to the Ravage mod by Haleks. The man had a vision, we all get to play in it.... 
Much of the extra content and additional gameplay execution is provided by Bad Benson. The man is a wizard... 
Many of the cool ideas and gameplay tweaks, sounds, and concepts are courtesy of EO and Tourist. These are the guys... solid...

It has been great working/playing/chating with these guys over the last few weeks... This mission is borne of this collaboration.

rvg_escape3_zps0cnabe8c.png

Escape Altis.

There is a boats marker.. the boats are there and from there you can progress to the arrow which will end the mission. 
You will spawn in with your buddies relatively unarmed  with default kit. Some have a gun... some don't...
I chose to create an ammo dump with backpacks and one crate to get started... it is marked "AMMO"... this was a gameplay choice... loot is pointless if you can't at least carry it
it may seem odd or a bit out of place... let it go...
There is also an equipment marker called, oddly enough, "equipment". This will expand your gear as well.

These were the first few things I added as we tested just to give the player a guaranteed point of gear progression and map direction.
We then added some static camps and then BB came up with the random site creator.

I choose to have four versions rather than have a random start finish location.
It just gave a finer degree of control and we wanted the randomness provided by the sites.
There is no backstory etc... this was a mission to get into the game and to be played with buddies.

Each map is named for the ending location. So Escape_SW has the escape point in the SW corner. All four will be provided.I am starting with one and will release other ones once a few people play and no major bugs are reported.

Site can be marked by name on the map using parameters (otherwise will only be marked with a dot) and will spawn randomly with each playthrough.
-Camps
-Airdrops
-Vehicles
-crash sites

Each will have it's own share of unique loot and payoff.

MP Parameters

Time of Day - Choose starting time for mission. You will have a flashlight on initial spawn.
Time Acc - this is disabled for now and will use 4x set by Ravage module.
Site Debug - Will show the analyzers grid... cool to look at but generally set this to off for playing
Site Markers - This will turn on and off the text that identify the type of site. The marker dot will always be there.

Bad Benson Temperature system

You start in the 36.5C range and 37C is Max
once you are under 34C you have shakes and under 32C you will start to receive damage.

Warm up by fires!
Get overhead shelter to slow temperature drop!
Matches and fire are very essential to your survival. 
If you have paper and matches then you can heat yourself. Under cover is better.
If it rains your temp drops faster.. get cover. 
Fires will also heal health once you are warm enough.
For now it is in the hint... we may change this.

Be careful around the fire. If  you get burnt you seem to get a red tinge on screen that wont go away.

The scripts used will be released on the port thread and instructions will be given there. It may take a bit... we want to play ;P

Credits

Camps compositions by ZeC compositions and one camp by BB and one Camp by me.
These spawn in randomly with random loot on each playthrough.

Zec compositions by Lsd
link

Lit - Little Immersion Tweaks. by Voiper
BB suggested this... I looked... yep... sick...
link

Ravage by Haleks
if you don't know where this is ... you are in the wrong thread...lol

Cba by Cba team
these guys are invaluable!

Special thanks to Haleks, Bad Benson, Evil Organ and Tourist.

GamePlay hints

Search gas stations if you need to repair a vehicle... they may have what you need ;)
There will be loot at sites but you will need to spread it around ... this is coop

Nighttime is scary, you should spawn with a flashlight... dont lose it!!!
If you can't see the Map at night press F if you have a flashlight... then you can see it... ambient light also works... this is LIT.

This mission is designed to provide loot and interesting gameplay as you progress towards the Escape marker on the map. Good Luck !!

There is a lot of bandits. There is a small percentage set to runners Zombies. Watch your backs!
Bandit vehicles are present. Watch out and try to secure.

Keep an eye on that airdrop... it can go quite some distance and I have lost a few... sad but true. They can glitch out on the ground a bit too.

There is an AI skill loop that turns down the laser accurate AI.

Bis Revive is present so you  can heal your  friends... respawn is back at the starting location. It sucks... 
will entertain suggestions on respawn location. 

There will be times where the wiser course will be to stay low and not get involved... choose wisely.

Zombie count can get high in the higher player counts. We will continue to look at this  ratio and see if we can find the sweet spot. FPS has been solid.

From the temp, survival system to the random loot locations to the constant threat and the final end goal.
We had some good fun playing this. We hope you do too.

• Like 5

MP Escape - 6 Versions, 4 Altis and 2 Tanoa

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87ctlte4k9x98mz/Escape072416.zip?dl=0

Changelog v1.3

_fixed fuel consumption issue where you could finish mission with the first boat

_removed apex dependency from Altis versions

=====================================================================================

CHANGELOG V1.2

_version number will be linked to overall release numbers so even though it will be release 1.2 of escape it is still first version for Tanoa. Altis versions will be updated soon to 1.2 standard.

_site marker names now off by default

_There will be a Tanoa Walkers only version and a Tanoa version with a very small percent of runners.

_Equipment Pool module set to RHS weapons only, Cup Equipment only and No to Warfare Thai for now. Traders is set to 100

_strangely fps was better in MP on the dedi then in SP... never actually thought I would say those words lol

_Ambient AI turned to 2X because of that :)

_Zeds turned up to 20 per player and 70 global limit

_Boats have limited fuel. You will only be able to go across one major channel.

_Respawn Areas tweaked with container to store your shit :)

Link removed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SP Escape SW

Version 0.1  Armaholic mirror

- Ravage - The Escape (@)

Nice job fellas!

It's been a great experience working with all of you - I'm looking forward to read people's feedback on this awesome project! ;)

Thanks guys! Already enjoyed the escape mission, especially now there's an escape mission I can play (SP LAN)... For whatever reasons the other user made escape missions were too much for my hardware, but this one runs fine. Already got slaughtered by a zombie horde. I guess it's hard for one single player.

Check out the humble guy who just dropped a f*****g great mission.

Congrats! :)

Question, do you need to fill 6 slots to play this or have a chance at not getting massacred?

Was hoping to play this with one other person. Bad idea or not possible without editing the mission file? Or are the slots filled by AI?

Is playing alone on a server (with AI) possible at all too?

@HeroesandvilliansOS......You can play alone if you DARE.....but you can play with just 2 players if you wish, the other 4 slots won't be filled with AI.......if you want to play alone with AI that would require changing a line in the description.ext....

from this...

disabledAI = 1; 

to this...

disabledAI = 0; 

I think this is right....Cosmic can give me a slap if it's wrong.... :P

• Like 1

@HeroesandvilliansOS......You can play alone if you DARE.....but you can play with just 2 players if you wish, the other 4 slots won't be filled with AI.......if you want to play alone with AI that would require changing a line in the description.ext....

from this...

disabledAI = 1; 
to this...

disabledAI = 0; 
I think this is right....Cosmic can give me a slap if it's wrong.... :P

Oh yes that's correct. I use this in my missions.

But it seems like some advanced interactions would probably be needed to be performed by a human, correct (trying to keep warm, etc)? I'm thinking of giving it a run on my server (me and 5 AI) but wasn't sure how the mission would treat non-playable characters or if it would be a waste of time trying without a real life friend.

The way it's set up is the other units aren't grouped with you. Temperature should be player only so it will not affect ai.

If you play on lan by yourself you can select the mission parameters which u can't do in sp which should be the only difference... buuut the camps may not spawn in sp because of the parameters.

I will put together a SP version maybe later today. How many teammates you want ??

The way it's set up is the other units aren't grouped with you. Temperature should be player only so it will not affect ai.

If you play on lan by yourself you can select the mission parameters which u can't do in sp which should be the only difference... buuut the camps may not spawn in sp because of the parameters.

I will put together a SP version maybe later today. How many teammates you want ??

I'm personally fine just re-enabling the AI via the description.ext and running the mission either in LAN or TADST. Basically, I play ALiVE pretty much every day (generally alone with AI) so I'm totally comfortable playing "SP" in a MP environment. The way it works in my ALiVE missions is on mission start, I select the amount of AI I want in the player select screen. Assuming I can do that here and save my progress using the new MP Ravagae saving function, that would be totally cool with me.

If it won't and SP would be more suitable for me (and others), I'd vote for you just having as many as you feel would be necessary to have a decent go of things. Your call. I'll probably have an opinion on it though once I actually try it but for now, whatever you wanna do works for me. :)

EDIT: Though now I have to wonder how loading a saved mission with AI would work in MP. Would the AI chosen at mission start spawn with me at my last save location?

That would be great, Cosmic10, since I´m a SP-only gamer as well. Not sure how difficult it would be to have to amount of teammates selectable at start (or maybe up to 6 AI standing around to "hire" according to individual choice)

That would be great, Cosmic10, since I´m a SP-only gamer as well. Not sure how difficult it would be to have to amount of teammates selectable at start (or maybe up to 6 AI standing around to "hire" according to individual choice)

I mean, honestly, I don't think he'd need two versions as long as AI was enabled by default and that they could be spawned where the human player saved last when loading.

For instance, in TADST I set an Administrator password. On the player select screen, I log in as admin and that gives me the choice to select my AI slots. I can choose them or skip them or have actual humans fill those slots. Though I've never tried this in LAN (generally in LAN, it automatically spawns the AI...they have to be grouped to the player though and you don't get a choice in the matter for how many AI spawn.).

I don't know enough about these things to say for sure but I'd think one version would still be possible.

That would be great, Cosmic10, since I´m a SP-only gamer as well.

Same here.

I was referring to this, since that sounded quite like a separarte SP mission to me. 

EDIT: Though now I have to wonder how loading a saved mission with AI would work in MP. Would the AI chosen at mission start spawn with me at my last save location?

Nope, not in MP... Only the player is persistent in that environment (for now).

My suggestion would be to group the AI with the player. Unless I'm wrong, the disableAI setting is only for MP, so said AI would be there if the mission was loaded from the SP missions folder : player would have control over them and could save everything. There would be no need for multiple versions of this mission.

But then again I'm not 100% sure about the disableAI thing...

It will be simpler to make a SP version.

I'll add bon infantry recruitment and you can have as many or as few as you like. AI rearming isn't the greatest so keep that in mind.

Am currently hosting this as a test run on my box. IP address is 97.99.165.96 port 2302. Just fired it up. Make sure you've got CBA_A3 and Ravage 0.1351 running. 

• Like 2

Am currently hosting this as a test run on my box. IP address is 97.99.165.96 port 2302. Just fired it up. Make sure you've got CBA_A3 and Ravage 0.1351 running.

Are the other mods listed in the OP not required?

I'd love to hop on with you sometime buddy. Thanks for making the server available. :)

All the credits in the OP are built into the mission. They are not needed client side...

Lit is awesome... adds so much ambience... especially the rain drops on the map when it's open... you can hear it too ;)

You only need ravage and cba but for variety of weapons we recommend having rhs active on both server and clients as the bandits will have these weapons when RHS is active... extending the options. Bbs loot will pull from this also... and u will see RHS ambient wrecks to repair

And RHS is pretty awesome... hopefully we can help Haleks get cup in too.

Have fun guys... will add that notation to op later...

Let me know how it goes... it all goes well I will zip up all 4 soon and get the other 3 versions out to you guys ...

Altis is such a great map for it but I will port this to Napf etc. Eventually... for sheer scale and gameplay altis is perfect tho

Well hell, if this thing supports RHS in it (and the missions too), I'll toss it in this test run. I've got it on this box from a mission I'm currently working on.

B

You bet... it's actually ravage that supports it when active ;)

Really extends out the loot possibilities and gear because as you know... rhs is huugge

Are the players Tholian? 32C (89F) is actually a warm summer day were I come from. ;)

Lol... 32c ambient is insufferable for me here on West coast lol.

. I like a nice mild 22c

Keep in mind the 37c and 32c threshold are human body temperatures and not ambient ;)

Yeah, RHS is massive. I run it on a mission I'm working on currently and it was a pain to download. Alrighty, I'll toss it up for a bit.

B