Taxen0

Mission task: place and detonate explosives

Hello, I am working on a mission but now require some help with setting up the conditions for one of the tasks. On the map there is a long bridge and I want the player to place explosives at some specific areas on the bridge, like at each of the ends, and then detonate them.

Is there some good way to detect / enforce this? I dont require a complete script just some pointers in the right direction. Also, I am using the eden editor.

I'm no scripting wizard, but I think you can use the "Fired" event handler and check if the thing that fired was an explosive. Then maybe you could check if the explosive is within an acceptable distance to markers you've placed on either end of the bridge.

Not sure if there's a way to detect that the explosives actually exploded, and I don't think bridges are destructible.

That's all I got, sorry :)

You could try making an addAction on a dummy object in the two areas and once both are placed create a radio trigger to detonate them, then have another trigger detecting if the dummy objects are destroyed and if they are trigger task completion?

edit: typo

Could use an Entity Killed EH to check for an explosion I believe, (_this select 0) being the explosive, you'll just need to check the typeOf (_this select 0) in the EH before executing any task related code.

create empty (invisible) marker at desired location and then create a trigger that detects if the c4 or demo device is within the a pre set distance of the invisible/empty marker.

How do you do this?

I know that you need to name the empty marker/s and also have a small line of code on the activation section inside the trigger.  The code would detect the explosive via its classname and then have some distance code such as >15 etc (less than 15m).

Here is a code that I use from an old Arma 2 script:

((count ((markerpos "CheckSmoke") nearObjects ["SmokeshellGreen",50])) > 0)

The above code has a marker called "checksmoke" and if a green smoke grenade goes off within 50M of the marker it will fire the trigger.

I hope this is of some help as far as detecting if an explosive is placed at the correct location.  You will need to change the classname from smokeshellgreen to the explosive devise and switch the marker name to the marker name of your choice.

Thank you all, I should be able to get it working from here! =)