Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Is this weird or what?

I was looking to buy something online and went to the site of a vendor I had used a few times in the past. Apparently, they redesigned their site since I last visited it:

http://www.aspitactical.com/

What do you make of the graphic in the upper left corner?

LOL someone there seems to be an Opf fan smile.gif

However, it's NOT the OFP box art. It is very similar, but not the same. I had to double-check when I saw it, though. smile.gif

that looks like the original face i remember seeing before OFP was released as seen here:

644572b.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Oct. 26 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that looks like the original face i remember seeing before OFP was released as seen here:

644572b.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

You're right. Cool.

there are some different version of the box made Codemasters selected the one we have now as the one thats gone be in the stores smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He looks like Brendan Fraser in cammo to me <span id='postcolor'>

Now that you mention it...

thats same guy thats on the CD case now, hes just waring a different helment, outfit, and his face camo is applied differntly,

Wow never knew that, glad they didn't use that one.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Oct. 26 2002,12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow never knew that, glad they didn't use that one.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, looks like they couldnt spell "operation" in it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Oct. 26 2002,02:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Oct. 26 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that looks like the original face i remember seeing before OFP was released as seen here:

644572b.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

You're right. Cool.<span id='postcolor'>

he is a soldier male model lol

Anyone know who owns the copyright to that picture? Is it something that BIS or CM licensed themselves, or did ASPI Tactical steal the picture for their site?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 26 2002,11wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did you know that there was a third box design?<span id='postcolor'>

Did you know there was a fourth?  <!--emo&biggrin.gif

*edit* Placebo, now that I've been informed what the image you guys saw was, thanks for removing it!

Tovarish I assume you posted that obscene image accidentally? If not you have a perm ban coming.

Tovarish send yourself a PM containing that image hotlinked, when you receive the PM hold down CTRL and click on it so that the PM loads from the net not your cache.

That website doesn't allow hotlinking, in its place you get an obscene image which is a perm ban type image.

RalphWiggum sent me a PM explaining somethingawful's gimmick to discourage hotlinking....it IS awful sad.gif . My apologies.

*ahem* What I mean to say was....

"Did you know there was a fourth?"

10262002847113.jpg

The image itself doesn't bother me but IMO it's well out of order for somethingawful to do that, all other sites manage just fine with a "not hotlinking" type image, no idea why they have to go so far the other way.

But anyways, back to the thread.........

LOL Tovarish. In that version do the in-game soldiers look like that? And maybe the voices have been re-done:

(ultra camp male voices)

1: "2, you sexy little hunk, go to house, 2 o'clock"

2: "roger... me"

1: "2, go prone"

2: "affirmative!"

wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Oct. 27 2002,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL Tovarish. In that version do the in-game soldiers look like that? And maybe the voices have been re-done:

(ultra camp male voices)

1: "2, you sexy little hunk, go to house, 2 o'clock"

2: "roger... me"

1: "2, go prone"

2: "affirmative!"

wink.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol this is gay. i don't think anyone wuld by such game.

don't start a pro/contra homosexuality discussion again, moderators will close the thread again.....

but as for that this box design: why didn't this one make it to final? smile.gif