Hello.

I was wondering if there'd ever be a possibility (in the future) that BI would ever implement/enable limb customisation? I know we can have custom faces and etc, but I'd love to customise my characters limbs alongside it.

Thanks you, kindest regards

Hello.

I was wondering if there'd ever be a possibility (in the future) that BI would ever implement/enable limb customisation? I know we can have custom faces and etc, but I'd love to customise my characters limbs alongside it.

Thanks you, kindest regards

Kyootlaerr

For what purpose? A leg is a leg and is for running walking and jumping, same with the arms, what difference does it make to the game if the guy has Biceps like Arnie, or a seven stone weakling?

For what purpose? A leg is a leg and is for running walking and jumping, same with the arms, what difference does it make to the game if the guy has Biceps like Arnie, or a seven stone weakling?

Talking about texture, I find it more immersive when I have a character that I feel that resembles me. It is not anything necessary but it is just fancy and was a possibility in ArmA 3's predecessor, ArmA 2. I was just thinking giving my character some sort of tattoos would be neat, and if it was possible before, why not carry it over? Guaranteed it wouldn't be too complicated I believe.

Talking about texture, I find it more immersive when I have a character that I feel that resembles me. It is not anything necessary but it is just fancy and was a possibility in ArmA 3's predecessor, ArmA 2. I was just thinking giving my character some sort of tattoos would be neat, and if it was possible before, why not carry it over? Guaranteed it wouldn't be too complicated I believe.

guaranteed that you are wrong. There is a different setup between A2 character setup and A3, both in terms of how the textures are split, the UV layout and the method of implementation

• Like 5

Ah.. but you never mentioned anything about it just being textures... easy enough, find the model you wish to use, obviously short sleeves/t-shirt, create a texture with tattoo's, make it into and addon, and then use "SetObjectTexture" ?? 

To both of you, I know how the texture layout was in ArmA II and III. I'm talking about it being a feature in multiplayer and not sole scripting/editing/modding. It'd work just like the custom faces texture, just extra work to do - still believe not complicated. We should just have an option to choose our arms or for the "custom face" to require or "come with" customizable arms and so on. Never did I say it worked the same PuFu. And RoadRunner, as I said before - I'm talking about multiplayer implementation of the feature, unmodded.

To both of you, I know how the texture layout was in ArmA II and III. I'm talking about it being a feature in multiplayer and not sole scripting/editing/modding. It'd work just like the custom faces texture, just extra work to do - still believe not complicated. We should just have an option to choose our arms or for the "custom face" to require or "come with" customizable arms and so on. Never did I say it worked the same PuFu. And RoadRunner, as I said before - I'm talking about multiplayer implementation of the feature, unmodded.

yes, i know what you meant and i have already replied to that: arms textures are, in 99% of the cases on the same UV with the uniform model, unlike A2 where the face and hands were on the same 2k sheet (not the face has a separate 2k texture file of it's own). So while you might think it is easy it implement, i already explained twice that it is far from easy, actually impossible with the current setup

• Like 1

you're getting your panties in a twist, go back and look at what you originally wrote, and then see how much you've changed as to what you really meant.

If you had mentioned right from the start you would like a features that customises faces and skin, in multiplayer, you might not be getting all wound up about your own lack of explanation!!

I was wondering if there'd ever be a possibility (in the future) that BI would ever implement/enable limb customisation?

no mention of it being a texture change

no mention of it being a texture change for bare arms.

and no mention of it being for multiplayer

but, when you get some responses not really to your liking, you get all defensive??

what you originally posted was like describing a cat, when in fact you really meant a dog!! ;)

• Like 2

I looked at this a while ago. As Pufu (true Arma wizard!) explains, it's really complicated and pretty much impossible, due to the way the uniform models are composed. I did however, notice there's the body model in A3 samples - could anything be done with that, I wonder? I thought about remapping the UVs on the arms so you could have different tattoos on different arms, rather than duplicated images. Not sure if it could be done - imagine it'd be a lot of config work!

• Like 1

you're getting your panties in a twist, go back and look at what you originally wrote, and then see how much you've changed as to what you really meant.

If you had mentioned right from the start you would like a features that customises faces and skin, in multiplayer, you might not be getting all wound up about your own lack of explanation!!

no mention of it being a texture change

no mention of it being a texture change for bare arms.

and no mention of it being for multiplayer

but, when you get some responses not really to your liking, you get all defensive??

what you originally posted was like describing a cat, when in fact you really meant a dog!! ;)

That was not the case, but indeed sorry for the lack of format and explanation. I'd appreciate if we stick to the topic though. And in response to Kydoimos (cant quote) I never had that in mind, but now I wonder how do characters of different skin pigmentation/tone work.

what you're describing then is what the IdentiZee addon does, it creates custom characters, with various skin tones, tattoo's etc. 

• Like 1

what you're describing then is what the IdentiZee addon does, it creates custom characters, with various skin tones, tattoo's etc.

IdentiZee? Haven't come across that one :) I'll check it out - sounds pretty cool!

Thank you, I very much appreciate it - but as I said, I am talking about official implementation into the game - and for ourselves to be able to customize and use in our own way - and not only with what others or BI has made/implemented.

Though, cool to know.