Sign in to follow this  
macusercom

UAV camera feed on TV

I'd like to have a TV where the UAV feed is being displayed (just a normal camera that follows the UAV). I've used the script from this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176856-live-feedpicture-in-picture-of-an-area-from-a-fixed-location/

However, I'd like to have the following things and I can't get it working:

- The camera should be about 1 unit below the UAV (Z axis).

- The vertical position (forward/backward tilt) should be applied to the camera aswell (I guess it needs vectors).

- If the drone dies, the TV should show a custom .paa file (I know how to set the texture, but I don't know how I should use while and an if/else

I'm also not quite sure if the code down below is ok like it is or if there's a better way to do it.

And does somebody know if the pip screen will draw performance when it's not in sight? Would it decrease fps during the whole mission?

Any help would be greatly appreciated  ^_^

EDIT: And does somebody know how to use "camUseNVG" or "setCamUseTi" inside an sqf?

_screen = "Land_FlatTV_01_F" createvehicle getposatl player;
_screen setObjectTexture [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

_pipcam = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
_pipcam cameraEffect ["Internal", "Back", "piprendertg"];
_pipcam camSetFov 0.4;

while {alive Drone} do {
_campos = getpos Drone;
_pipcam setDir (getDir Drone);
_pipcam setpos _campos;
    };

u could set cams orientation with vector dir and vector up. u must not use setdir then.

_vdir = vectorDir Drone;

_vup = vectorUp Drone;

_pipcam setVectorAndUp [_vdir, _vup];

pay attention how u write Drone. u r using the german Drohne sometimes... doesnt matter how u write it but it should be the same always.

Thank you very much! After 6 hours of scripting I found out that attachTo also works with cameras which is awesome! :)