Hello,

I´ve installed the tools again yesterday and set up everythings Properly (P was set and A3p ran through fine). But as soon as I want to run Buldozer I get this f****** Errormessage that absolutely makes no sense.

Uob1UBr.png

As from what I understand is that the error must rest somewhere in the command line, but it doesnt matter whether I leave the startup Parameters by default (as they come right after installation) or if I remove everythings. The errormessage is always the same (except for the removed entries from the Startup Parameters Commandline. 

Only one thing always remains the same. It´s this part of the errormessage quoted  below. This part always stays the same, anyways what I do. 

-connect=Pipe\2108A2,8EDB

So what the hell is that errormessage supposed to mean and why doesnt any attempt to fix it do absolutely nothings.

- changed the Buldozer path as suggested after A3P ran through

- I ran A3P meanwhile a couple of times

- I changed the Buldozer.cfg that I´ve recieved from someone where it works absolutely fine

- I changed P

- reinstalled ArmA3 tools

- ran integrity check for the steam tools and for ArmA3

- I ran Buldozer with an absolutely clean Commandline

It´d be great if someone knows whats causing this issue. I never ever ran into this in all those years before. May be it´s a simple solution, but I cant see it at the moment.

Thanks and regards

Memphis

The pipe is the way TB connects to buldozer and it is added automatically to the startup when buldozer is launched from TB. That has most likely nothing to do with the error message at all.

I am quite sure your startup path for the arma3.exe is not recognized properly because of the space in your folder. Try wrapping it in quotes like

"I:\blah\blub\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -the -other -parameters

If that doesn't work, copy the arma3.exe to your P:-drive directly, so you can use "P:\arma3.exe -the -parameters".

If that doesn't work, copy the arma3.exe to your P:-drive directly, so you can use "P:\arma3.exe -the -parameters".

If you go that route you may also need to unpack a few ArmA3 PBOs to your P:\ drive (DTA.pbo and bin.pbo I think)

Thanks for the Help, unfortunately the suggestions above didn´t helped out. I still get this issue. I also have used different Command line examples from different people where those issues are not present. 

Thats why I will uninstall everythings now and try to install it again. May be that the latest update has made it mandatory to manually set up certain things I wasnt forced to do before...I dont know.

At least I´ll report back as soon as I know more.

You do need to run the main Arm3 Tools before doing anything else to set registry entries and the like, I assume you've already done that though, right?

This error is raised when Terrain Builder fails to start Buldozer. Any change you could share your log? (located in Arma 3 Tools\TerrainBuilder\Log\)

Terrain Builder builds the "command line" and run it, nothing more. As for the pipe (which is constant), it is "the link" between TB and Buldozer.

Since the error is on the process start, could you also try to run Terrain Builder as Administrator to check if it still happen?

This error is raised when Terrain Builder fails to start Buldozer. Any change you could share your log? (located in Arma 3 Tools\TerrainBuilder\Log\)

Terrain Builder builds the "command line" and run it, nothing more. As for the pipe (which is constant), it is "the link" between TB and Buldozer.

Since the error is on the process start, could you also try to run Terrain Builder as Administrator to check if it still happen?

Hello Tom and sorry for the long delay, but I havent been visiting this thread because I was busy with lots of other things.

At first I wanted to say thank you to you that you took care about my issue. 

Secondly I wanted to say that by running TB as admin seemed to solve the issue. At least I haven´t recieved that errormessage anymore.

However the logfiles can be downloaded here: www.arma-sim.de/upload/Logs.7z