tebbbs

Tanks flipping

Hi,

as we have the water vehicle thing now.. will there finally be any fix for tanks flipping? Tanks are unusable for almost a year now, as they just flip and jump around if you turn on spot or sometimes just out of nowhere. I dont know how this can have such a low priority, that it isnt fixed quickly. We have a tank division that is already inactive, because it makes no sense to take them with us. The danger of exploding tanks is just too big. I have seen a ticket once in the bug tracker, but as the tracker is currently unavailable, i dont know if its still there and cant read the comments.

When i looked at google, i found a workaround that was for Arma 1 so this seem to be a longterm problem that just came back or something.

I wish we could have a Puma or a Leopard 2 with us, but this bug makes it impossible.

The problem has big age. Also has some parties.
- Tanks sometimes freezes in texture of a landscape, and loses the speed, the movement to the left (to the right).
- Tanks sometimes turns over, receives acceleration, turns around. At collision with other equipment or constructions can receive critical injuries and blow up.
- Tanks can turn over near a tree, a bush, a fence. Near all that has to crack and break under Tanks weight.

Please, solve it.

Yes it's been an issue guys, but there is no reason to shut down an armored division because of it. I'm still running my groups armored division just fine and have had minimal issues. You need to sit down in a server with your guys and spend time figuring out the issue. Find what triggers it and avoid doing that.

For example, the most common way for this to happen is by keeping at standstill for a bit and turning hard left or right. Having no initial movement before turning tends to make it go crazy. Hit w until you move a bit forward, then hold a or d.

I recommend always working through issues before giving up. You would be amazed at what you can accomplish even when the tools you are given seem broken.

we have a big base and the tanks are inside the base (milsim) and therefor moving on the spot is something we cannot avoid.

Yes, there are consequences of some actions. But it not always as is shown by many videos, on this problem. On video the fast way to show a problem is often shown. I received a push or glue on the equal road from direct run much.  
Once I received glue to soil. I could move forward slowly and back. Turn didn't work. It proceeded some minutes, and glue suddenly disappeared, as well as appeared.
I will be grateful to the one who will write all actions after which there are throws and glue, and actions of an exit from glue.

Well when it occurs far from the opponent. But the evil rule does it during fight. The stop and somersaults work not for our advantage.

11 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Hello, Any news about that?

Yes, the whole trackes vehicle physics and controls are about to be changed a lot for the upcoming Tanks DLC.

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Hello, Any news about that?

Everything has changed, there is no problem what it was before.
But tanks can fly over bushes, a problem in a multiplayer game, for cars too. The long-standing problem of bushes is the search, in tickets, on the forum, "iron bushes" or "killer bushes".

49 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Everything has changed, there is no problem what it was before.
But tanks can fly over bushes, a problem in a multiplayer game, for cars too. The long-standing problem of bushes is the search, in tickets, on the forum, "iron bushes" or "killer bushes".

Yes, thanks, I was testing a little code to make AI's tank driving straight forward (using setDriveOnPath), and I experienced some "ridiculous" football bounces. (SP/editor preview Vanilla 1.80).