jabeds

How do I use CUP objects on my terrain.

So yesterday I downloaded CUP, I got the full terrain version as it wasn't much bigger and I read somewhere that you actually need it in full. I want to be able to use th arma 2 models on my terrain, however what i have tried so far gets all the mods listed in the library but when you place them in bulldozer they are just invisible. 

What am I doing wrong, is anyone able to explain full how to get CUP working with terrain builder?

Download the Licensed Data package for A2 and use a program like Arma2P to unpack an Arma2 installation to your P drive. That will give you binarized A2 models and their textures. Than unpack the license data pack to your P-drive aswell. That will replace the binarized A2 models with unbinarized that can be used in TB.

You than simply place the objects like you would do on an A2 terrain.

CUP TP is only meant for final subsitution of the models when the terrain is loaded in A3.

Im not sure, but I would not use the CUP models for your terrain.

That makes your terrain dependant on what ever CUP decides to change or not.

As far as I know, your safest bet is to use the actual A2 models and let CUP (or whatever addon that might or might not replace it in the future) take care of the rest when you load both CUP and your map in game.

Im not sure, but I would not use the CUP models for your terrain.

That makes your terrain dependant on what ever CUP decides to change or not.

As far as I know, your safest bet is to use the actual A2 models and let CUP (or whatever addon that might or might not replace it in the future) take care of the rest when you load both CUP and your map in game.

I thought that at first but most people have @cup as almost all upcoming terrains are using it or the guys in the terrain builders channel are.

Using the A2 samples will just cause more work writing configs, changing the names or it will cause issues for anyone who tries to use @cup with a terrain using the samples.

Support cup and their work, it benefits terrain builders and makes life easier :)

It is arbitrary to use CUP or A2 samples as both share the same folder structure and p3d names. One should use A1/A2 licensed data pack and depboed textures from A2 as those models are not binarised. There is no CUP MLOD pack.

The only thing adding dependency to CUP is the "fix requiredAddon" function in pboproject and that should be turned off in all cases as it produce total bullsh*t when developing terrains. Everyone should handcraft the requiredaddons entry themself to reduce logic errors and wrong addon assumptions.