How can this command be used with zeus? If it cannot, it should be added ASAP!

I would strongly advocate for the addition of suppressive fire to Zeus. The Achilles extension of the Ares mod accomplished it, I believe through a use of a placed target along with doFire and other commands. It's a little buggy, though, so a baked-in engine solution would be preferable.

And that VBS suppression! I'd lose my mind if we ever got that in Arma 3!

• Like 4

I apologize if this i bad etiquette. I just came in here to see if there is some intel about suppression that i would not yet be aware of. Since I am here, I would like to inform anyone interested, that VBS style suppression, at least in limited form, is now a part of C2 - Command & Control. Please note that the reaction is not as immediate as in the gif, it takes 1-2 seconds :)

http://i.imgur.com/bTIdWmX.gifv

bTIdWmX.gif

• Like 5

They should definitely hire you, duda123 and Bad Benson - would be crazy what the three of you could accomplish with source code access :f:

• Like 1

Most of game engines, I would guess RV5 too are written in C++. So if you know how to code you could possible make difference with source code. Might be difficult with live game though.

13 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

I apologize if this i bad etiquette. I just came in here to see if there is some intel about suppression that i would not yet be aware of. Since I am here, I would like to inform anyone interested, that VBS style suppression, at least in limited form, is now a part of C2 - Command & Control. Please note that the reaction is not as immediate as in the gif, it takes 1-2 seconds :)

That is phenomenal, mad_cheese! I surfed over to your forum entry and am crazy impressed by what you've accomplished. It really is some spectacular work. If you ever want to be worshiped as a god in the Zeus community, maybe you'd consider breaking out a few of features into a curator mod.

For those who are still looking for a suppression option or aren't satisfied with what's on offer with Ares Achilles, please note that ACE3 actually has a built-in AI Fire Suppression module that performs pretty darn well. It's not as customizable as Ares', but it's a bit more reliable, especially in multiplayer with headless clients.