eddo36

USA election 2016

well, firstly good luck to the american people, then to us all (the shit has hit the fan big time)

ps: putin already sent his congrats to donald

you mean we can all stop spending billions aiming nuclear weapons at each other?? :)

Hmm...might be the first good thing he's actually done since the campaign:

Tsai-Trump telephone call scheduled

President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) was to have a telephone conversation with US president-elect Donald Trump yesterday, which would be the first time a Taiwanese president has spoken with a US president-elect since official diplomatic ties between the two nations were severed in 1979.

According to sources in Washington, Tsai was to congratulate Trump on his election win and to reiterate that Taiwan would continue to maintain a steady relationship with the US, as well as to express hopes for expanded Taiwan-US collaborations on the economy, politics and regional security.

Trump has triggered a sense of uncertainty over US policies regarding its stance in the Asia-Pacific region, saying after his election victory that Washington would withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and asking US allies to increase their spending on defense.

During his election campaign, he also accused Taiwanese firms of stealing US job opportunities.

Trump reportedly agreed to the call, which was arranged by his Taiwan-friendly campaign staff after his aides briefed him on issues regarding Taiwan and the situation in the Taiwan Strait, sources said.

Since being elected, Trump has spoken with Chinese President Xi Jinping (ç¿’è¿‘å¹³), Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and South Korean President Park Geun-hye.
International relations experts said that a communication channel was lacking between Taiwan and the US, and that bilateral communications had to be carried out through the American Institute in Taiwan, the US Department of State and the US National Security Council, which at times gave rise to poor communications — for example, the friction between former president Chen Shui-bian’s (陳水æ‰) administration and that of former US president George W. Bush.

If the telephone conversation between Tsai and Trump could prompt the establishment of a direct communications channel between the two sides, misunderstandings would be reduced, thereby benefiting the relationship, experts said.

[.....]

Source

I might take my criticism of Emperor Trumpus the Firstâ„¢ back if this leads to something more. Still too early to tell if this is just lip service though.

Give the guy a chance. He's not even in office yet...

Honestly that guy is taking all his knowledge about world issues from Fox News, Breitbart, and other such sources. Safe to say that this is not good......

I laughed a bit when some Trump supporters said they've moved on Fox News. Like that's any better.

Even though there hasn't been any terrorist attack in Sweden, it's a fine example what badly done immigration can do to a country, so there's that seed of truth.

I voted for Hillary but I think Trump is doing a good job. He is doing what he promised and there have only been two problems; the Muslim ban and former secretary Flynn. The Muslim ban is understandable and I think once he tweaks it it will be back in effect throughout the country. He's already done more in his first few weeks than most presidents do an entire term.

I remember when Obama took office. Everybody was calling him a Communist and talking about his birth certificate. Who cares? The whole Communist thing was a bunch of white dudes pissed off at a black president. At least that's how I saw it.

Give Trump a chance. Yeah, he says stupid things but he means well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5C4R556 said:

I voted for Hillary but I think Trump is doing a good job. He is doing what he promised and there have only been two problems; the Muslim ban and former secretary Flynn. The Muslim ban is understandable and I think once he tweaks it it will be back in effect throughout the country. He's already done more in his first few weeks than most presidents do an entire term.

I remember when Obama took office. Everybody was calling him a Communist and talking about his birth certificate. Who cares? The whole Communist thing was a bunch of white dudes pissed off at a black president. At least that's how I saw it.

Give Trump a chance. Yeah, he says stupid things but he means well.

I think what Trump is doing is making good on his election promises as fast as possible, get the nonsense out of the way first, then, with typical media short-term-memory effect, he can get onto the other stuff I'm sure he wants to do. "Muslim ban" will get stopped, and the wall will be started but with reduced expectations, but they will be high-profile news for a while then onto other things. When he rallies for his next term, he can point at it all and say he makes GOOD on his promises :)

Unless his general buffoonery gets him removed first, natch.

I just hope that his intelligence service isn't Fox News or fake news webistes that supported him so much.