eddo36

USA election 2016

Well i think we Europeans are facing the same dilemmas : 'old establishment' professionnal politicians unable to find any new ideas in order to reform our old societies, mainly aiming at keeping their own job, versus far right populist leaders, with caricatural vision of our societies and proposing over simplistic solutions. The formers are supported by mainstream medias, and are trying to escape the responsabilities, the latters are supported by conspiracist websites and are looking for scapegoats. The whole thing is an extremely low level debate, where confronting ideas and talking to people's brain is replaced by shaking people's low instincts.

• Like 3

:lol:    :lol:

German Satire TV Show - Die Anstalt (Nov. 2016 - Episode 23)

i5853iz5.jpg

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

(just a small part of the TV Show with english subtitles)

Complete Show ~55 min. in german without subs;  totally worth to watch it 

(hopefully some parts get english subs soon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GrMo2PfA78

• Like 1

Mind posting a reason to vote for Clinton, without mentioning/referring to Trump?

The "Trumps Personality" argument is a bit tired.

Yep... shilary is terrible...

When I can legitimately say hilary is worse... that a huge problem...

Mind posting a reason to vote for Clinton, without mentioning/referring to Trump?

The "Trumps Personality" argument is a bit tired.

A lot of people stick with Trump regardless of his personality simply because they like Clinton even less, so the personality seems like it's going to be the deciding factor. Judging candidates on actual plans and competency seems too complicated for the average voter. This election is nothing more than X-Factor/The Voice USA, but with the power to destroy humanity many times over as the prize and not some sh*tty record deal.

• Like 1

Well...Emperor Trumpus the Firstâ„¢ might actually win if not exceed the required amount of electorates according to the NYT's forecast. Seems the Yanks are pretty desperate to throw away their hegemony.

Ah well good bye Washington, hello Beijing!  :wacko:

I'm fairly shocked...I was talking with a few buddies and we realized we were analyzing who wasn't as bad... pretty sad...

I miss Rand Paul and Ben Carson...

I think the results show how sick and tired people are of mainstream politicians... gonna be an interesting few years...

Or is it... Obama was elected on the premise of change... well it hasn't changed for the better... I guess it's time to give someone else a go...

• Like 1

At this point I have collected no where near enough bottle caps to prepare.

Really quickly want to indicate that obviously, due to me being Australian, the only interest in American politics for me currently is that PC parts stay cheap...

Moving on from that, I think tonights election results is the truest display of democracy working. Regardless of whether you agree with Trump or Hillary, the majority of people, agree with Trump and the majority of people voted for Trump.

I think it will remain interesting to see reactions from the international community and the American people as a new day breaks in the US.

I hope that the things said by Trump in his speech this evening, even if primarily politician mumbo jumbo, remains the goal of the Trump administration.

Good luck world.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN DID IT!!!

Meme Magic is REAL. Donald J. Trump is the next President of the United States of America.
  • Like 1

Brilliant.... <_<

I suppose it probably didn't really matter in the long run. I feel like they're both lying windbags. Not that all politicians are bad. I just haven't met or seen any I'd trust to run a sweet shop. Never mind run a country ( into the ground?).

I wonder if we'll be able to see the wall from space.

Well i'm gathering my bottlecaps for currency

Hah was actually thinking of the same thing,problem is that I haven't managed to gather enough even for a vault door.At least those fuckers managed to wait until 2077 before they blew the planet.Looking at his speeches,Trump's US looks like the one depicted in Fallout lore.

Oh well at least I rest easy that global warming is a "chinese hoax" and Trump doesn't believe in NATO.Putin must had an orgasm.

well, firstly good luck to the american people, then to us all (the shit has hit the fan big time)

ps: putin already sent his congrats to donald

Now the Apprentice is him. He'll have to drop his simplistic mottos and do his homework, cause his program is almost empty. His so called empire is built on debt, we'll see how he'll manage a whole country, already extremely indebted.

• Like 1

Moving on from that, I think tonights election results is the truest display of democracy working. Regardless of whether you agree with Trump or Hillary, the majority of people, agree with Trump and the majority of people voted for Trump.

Not really. Trump has been elected because of an ancient flawed system. In almost every other country in the world where free and fair elections are held Clinton would have won due to the popular vote.

Clinton 59.182.659 vs Trump 59.044.897

His so called empire is built on debt, we'll see how he'll manage a whole country, already extremely indebted.

"Wrong."

"Debt is a conspiracy that was created by the Chinese! ...and them damn Mexicans. We'll just write it all off and start over!"

/sarcasm...if only...

Not really. Trump has been elected because of an ancient flawed system. In almost every other country in the world where free and fair elections are held Clinton would have won due to the popular vote.

Clinton 59.182.659 vs Trump 59.044.897

this happend in 2000 election when Bush won. It was the first time before this 2016 election since 19th century

Actually the flawed system is having two shitty candidates...

Maybe. But simply having a majority doesn't make it a good choice. I don't think he's in because he's the best one for the job. It's just as likely people are angry about the current political and economic state of their country. And wanted what they see as an alternative to the usual parade of slimy two faced double talkers they get come election time. More of the same in other words.

Ironically he's as much of a shit talker as any career politician. He's made some promises "bigly". It'll be interesting to see how he actually gets it done.

A  "PUTIN AGENT" in the White House  :lol:

I totally understand why so many people did vote Donald Trump, too many questionable things did happen since 911 

around the globe and the "American Dream" is long ago. Rather social issues for a bigger part of the Americans are showing up over the years.

Today some statistics were displayed on TV and almost 50% of the overall US population feels they are worse off than 50 years ago,

around 81% of the Trump voters. The society is split, and not only political......

Today in the morning the German TV was unbearable, despite people were used to the rather one sided media coverage over months.

Critics and fears are understandable and important about the new unknown, but the content from the journalists and politicians was only about painting pure doom for the future. After all it did almost sound the US did elect the new Hitler. Imagine, the US Embassador had to explain the frame and pillars of the political system in the US and that a sudden and extreme shift wont happen. 

Damn, I should have bet on him winning the presidential.

I would be millionar now :D

Maybe if the Americans asked nicely, the Queen would let them back into the UK... :) After all, what's a little revolution between friends? It's been over 200 years anyway, I'm sure they'll accept the apology.

A  "PUTIN AGENT" in the White House  :lol:

I totally understand why so many people did vote Donald Trump, too many questionable things did happen since 911 

around the globe and the "American Dream" is long ago. Rather social issues for a bigger part of the Americans are showing up over the years.

Today some statistics were displayed on TV and almost 50% of the overall US population feels they are worse off than 50 years ago,

around 81% of the Trump voters. The society is split, and not only political......

Today in the morning the German TV was unbearable, despite people were used to the rather one sided media coverage over months.

Critics and fears are understandable and important about the new unknown, but the content from the journalists and politicians was only about painting pure doom for the future. After all it did almost sound the US did elect the new Hitler. Imagine, the US Embassador had to explain the frame and pillars of the political system in the US and that a sudden and extreme shift wont happen.

The mainstream media has been attempting to vilify him for months...

It's hilarious the doom and gloom... if he could effect that much change as a single person as POTUS.... Wouldn't the US be a utopia now after 8 years of Obama... oh right it's not... because the machine is much bigger than one figurehead..

What will be interesting is now the Republicans have the house and Senate... which we haven't seen in awhile...

Takes me be to y2k... oh yeah... nothing happened...

Now the Apprentice is him. He'll have to drop his simplistic mottos and do his homework, cause his program is almost empty. His so called empire is built on debt, we'll see how he'll manage a whole country, already extremely indebted.

He will do it the same way Bush did. Running the country even deeper into the debt and then leave the almost unfixable shambles to whoever comes afterwards.

Guys, the Simpsons predicted long ago that Trump would become president. They also predicted that he would leave the country with an astronomical debt. 

I honestly think the US is pretty fucked, it will take them again 8 years to realize how hard they are fucked, but they will see what they did eventually. 

Also, I hope that they won´t go and vote a third moron into the white house afterwards.

• Like 3

Thats exactly right tonci87 -my countrymen have very short memories shackling us to repeat ad infinitum. But its no longer about silly things like facts precedence or principle -I knew that was gone when George Bush Jr got RE-ELECTED. There's deep seated hatred and vitriol that exists on both sides but is more dominant on the Right. Case in point -could you imagine had Obama or Clinton praised Putin, refusing to condemn him over and over -even favoring him over our current President?! Republican heads would have simply imploded as you cant get any Lefter than 'Red Russia'. Next, Trump himself. Blue collar, southern Christian Whites would have never,ever, never supported a New York city slicker, con-man like Trump -unless that is, he championed there anti-liberal campaign..then all is forgiven -that is how deep this toxicity runs.

Personally I dont like either but liked Obama and felt Clinton would keep her finger off the nuclear buttons. Trump is really vengeful in a childish way in which he can let no little slight go -even the most trivial -not ideal for leader of the free world. As for the "Crooked Hillary" shit, well I guess I just dont care that much about email servers though it sounds like she did a dumb thing by it. But if these jokers who keep heckling "crooked Hillary! Shes a crook! Belongs in jail" -had any principle at all - well wheres the outcry for that Iraq war in which the Vice presidents company had the sole authority to bid on rebuilding the shit we blew up -Thats mindblowing and more telling than anything