texkaz

Mods redownloading again

ARMA launcher is deciding to redownload every single steam workshop mod. So I am in an constant cycle of downloads of shit that I already have. WTF is going on? How do I tell it that it doesn't need to redownload everytime I quit/restart the game.

• Like 1

This is horrible!

Yesterday the Launcher invented download my 28GB of MODs, of which none was in trouble.

This happens with ACE3 if you move PBOs around. For example, moving the RHS compatibility stuff out of the 'optional' folder into the main mod folder makes steam download the whole thing again.

OMG Help me please. same thing happend with me :///

50 GB of mods filling up my HDD again

Sorry to bump this old thread, but the same thing happened for me now... 

I just subbed to RHS and all of a sudden Steam freezes for a while... Opening the A3 launcher to take a peek, i see all mods being redownloaded. And if it was on my game drive (default steam folder) it really wouldn't bother me. But for some reason everything downloads to the system drive, which ofchourse is full now, and downloads are pending....

Not done anything else than regular use of the mods, and when copying them to the server I always use the launchers "copy to a local folder" function ( to an external HDD )...

I dunno... not what I need at 2am. 

Does anyone have some practical tips how to handle this?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gaZthme said:

Sorry to bump this old thread, but the same thing happened for me now... 

I just subbed to RHS and all of a sudden Steam freezes for a while... Opening the A3 launcher to take a peek, i see all mods being redownloaded. And if it was on my game drive (default steam folder) it really wouldn't bother me. But for some reason everything downloads to the system drive, which ofchourse is full now, and downloads are pending....

Not done anything else than regular use of the mods, and when copying them to the server I always use the launchers "copy to a local folder" function ( to an external HDD )...

4 hours ago, gaZthme said:

I got exactly the same issue like wtf is going on & he reinstall all the mod on the main steam direction which is it not the same direction where I Installed all my mod it's about 70GB.. so could you pls fix the problem 

I think something strange happened when quoting. It says I said the sentences at the bottom of your post. Annyways.... 

I unsubbed from the RHS mods and that stopped the downloading process... Subbed again and everything was fine. Seems to be an issue with steam and that subscribe button in my case. But it worked later on.

But still have dupes of several mods though

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gaZthme said:

I think something strange happened when quoting. It says I said the sentences at the bottom of your post. Anyways.... 

I unsubbed from the RHS mods and that stopped the downloading process... Subbed again and everything was fine. Seems to be an issue with steam and that subscribe button in my case. But it worked later on.

But still have dupes of several mods though

All right I'll try but I didn' subbed to nothing it was after steam update then I opened my launcher & I saw almost 70gb I stopped of course.. now after I restarted steam again I got everything fixed A3Launcher work again & all my mods are up to date..ps srry for Quote before that post I don't know what happened :p  

• Like 1

i logged onto steam on my brothers account (to play a game to see if i would like it) and when i logged into my steam account it downloaded a 20GB update for Arma 3 mod. we both had nothing subcribe on the workshop at the time. if i logged off steam or restarted my PC it would delete the prevors download (my internet is pritty slow so very anoying) just in case this happens in the fucher would there be anything i can do to stop it because i cant play while downloading the update