Sign in to follow this  
thecoolsideofthepillow

Unknown Error when Respawning with Menu

Ever since I came back for EDEN, I have had some error pop up when I am able to respawn on MP missions using the respawn position menu. I don't know what the error is because all I can see through the menu itself is the OK button. But until I hit ESC to close the error popup, the spawn menu does not allow me to respawn, saying "Respawn Unavailable." It's only a minor annoyance, since I can get around the error. But it's also something new that wasn't happening before this update.

Are you running any mods and does it happen with no mods running?

I was wondering if you added the respawn position option to your description.ext, through the Eden menu bar or both? Also whether it happens when the mission loads through the old editor.

I was wondering if you added the respawn position option to your description.ext, through the Eden menu bar or both? Also whether it happens when the mission loads through the old editor.

I have disabled everything in EDEN and forced it trough the description.ext a long time ago:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition","Revive"};
reviveDelay = 6;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 120;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 5;

But im still getting vannila errors, and the weird thing is that 80% of the time it all works fine..
And then suddenly, error ,error, error...
You have to relog ~10 times before you finally get presented with the Spawn selection menu, without any errors.