Sign in to follow this  
zeddy360

persistently saving missionnamespace

hi,

i'm currently developing a MP mission where you have to gather resources by completing objectives.

currently i'm saving the amount of the already gathered resources to a missionNamespace variable (just a number). i've read that these variables are not saved when saving the game. is this true? if i save the game and then resume it, the variable still has it's saved value.

i tested it alone on a hosted LAN game. maybe it's different for a hosted or dedicated internet game?

anyways, if it is true, i don't want to install anything like a mysql addon or something to save this persistently. i've thought about placing a marker on the map and use one of it's coordinates to save the value persistently. merker positions should be saved in any case, right? would that be a good approach or is there a better way to save something like that persistently without using a database or something like that?

Hold on a second, let me understand what you wrote. You tried and if you save game, mission namespace variables save too, but you read somewhere that they do not save so you want to find another way? Is this the case?

Hold on a second, let me understand what you wrote. You tried and if you save game, mission namespace variables save too, but you read somewhere that they do not save so you want to find another way? Is this the case?

actually first i've read that it wouldn't save that variable but then i tried it on a hosted LAN game with only me as player and it did save that variable which confused me. maybe the saving behavior depends on any special condition or it's different for hosted or dedicated games or something?

i just wanted to be sure that i can rely on it getting properly saved in any case. IF i can't rely on that, i of corse need another way.

So what you are really asking is, are there cases when global variables do not save with the game? To my knowledge if you have save enabled you should have no problems. If you could show where it says otherwise, that would be interesting.