Nikander

[COOP] Vigilancia Aeternum

Thanks for the update can't wait to try it out. Maybe you can help me with something. I rent our group's Arma 3 server from gameservers.com. I cannot get the Clafghan terrain to work on the server so matter what I do. I've downloaded the Arma 3 version of the terrain from Armaholic and it works fine when I start a local MP server, including using your VA mission. But, when I add @Clafghan to my rented server's command line the server will not start. When looking at the file structure of the Clafghan terrain mod it does seem to have a weird file structure with a @Clafghan folder inside the @Clafghan folder with a couple of files inside. I don't know if those files need to be moved but I've tried it both ways. Another thing I've noticed is that on the Armaholic page for the terrain it says a server key is provided but I don't find any key files when I unzip. I really like the terrain so if you, or any one else has any ideas on how to get my rented server to run with this mod I would be very grateful, thanks.

Another quick question, and I may be just missing something here. But, if I disable the arsenal in the mission parameters, what are the resupply options at that point? My understand is that normally you fill the supply box from the arsenal.

Since you've already tried both ways, I don't think I can help you much. But what I can tell you, is that the "weird" file structure is certainly wrong. The idea is to have the @Mod folder as the root directory of the mod, containing a folder named addons which has a lot of *.pbo files in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

When looking at the file structure of the Clafghan terrain mod it does seem to have a weird file structure with a @Clafghan folder inside the @Clafghan folder with a couple of files inside

I suppose you should have Clafghan directory similar to this steam version

Spoiler

Directory of @CLA CLAFGHAN

<DIR>          Addons
<DIR>          keys
99	meta.cpp
353	mod.cpp
28,634	mod.paa
               3 File(s)         29,086 bytes

Directory of @CLA CLAFGHAN\Addons

325,220,996	clafghan.pbo
565		clafghan.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
372		Clafghanwater.pbo
565		Clafghanwater.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
28,118,859	mb_bushes_lite.pbo
565		mb_bushes_lite.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
11,418,805	mb_clutter_lite.pbo
565		mb_clutter_lite.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
61,044,427	mb_rocks.pbo
565		mb_rocks.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
48,112,506	mb_trees_lite.pbo
565		mb_trees_lite.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
230,050,015	opxbuildings.pbo
565		opxbuildings.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
55,055,765	opxmisc.pbo
565		opxmisc.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
33,497,245	opxplants.pbo
565		opxplants.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
54,861,910	opxroads.pbo
565		opxroads.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
213,971,750	razmisc.pbo
565		razmisc.pbo.cla_clafghan.bisign
              22 File(s)  1,061,358,865 bytes

Directory of @CLA CLAFGHAN\keys

165 cla_clafghan.bikey
               1 File(s)            165 bytes

3 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

But, if I disable the arsenal in the mission parameters, what are the resupply options at that point?

When you disable Arsenal, the same cardboard box becomes standard weapons crate with a few of the vanilla items, mags and such. It actually now appears to be a bit tricky to get that 'Inventory' action displayed, but you can find it there right close to the box (try different sides/angles to point at).

I hope this helps

Yeah, I discovered that about the cardboard box. I wonder if it should have RHS mags if you select the RHS option?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

I wonder if it should have RHS mags if you select the RHS option?

Thanks for the feedback and support,

Scenario update v1.1 Beta with mod items crate in base camp now available for download

...Nikander, i've tried the Aeternum and have found what I believe to be bugs.. I am new so.. cannot access the supply crate at base, once reaching the objective I find Nothing to destroy, I have found many insurgents but nothing else..? (the insurgents actually spawn while i'm standing there)..  Also I would like to host your TDM24 Vigilancia Centum in the USA.. I have a spare 3.4ghz box with 16gb RAM, 500gb ssd on a 300mbit conn (soon to be 1gig conn), Thanks...

IIIDaemon

www.GasRecovery.net

• Like 1

@IIIDaemon Thanks for reporting this, maintenance of "Aeternum" has been at a standstill while I've been busy with "Centum" but shall be continued soon. Also, thank you for joining Vigilancia Centum playtesting, I am aiming to release the mission on Steam by June 30th, so check it out and get your own host up and running then. See you online soon !

Another quick note about the latest version,

When the Arsenal is disabled, and when setting the RHSUSAF as the headquarters faction, the gear box now does have the mod's gear. But the box has no M67 frag grenades. Actually it has no frag grenades at all. Some of the vehicles do have a small number of M67s.

Still enjoying playing this mission with our group. Looking forward to any updates. And new missions, of course.

• Like 1

@Nikander any plans about porting vigilancia to official malden?

Yes indeed @yxman thanks for asking, next update is under construction.

• Like 1

2017-07-31_1.jpg

Scenario update v1.1 released with new terrains Malden 2035, Panthera and Abramia

Download from Vigilancia Aeternum homepage

New in this update, bonus scenario TDM 24 Vigilancia Centum CQB made available also on Steam workshop

• Like 1

It seems that, in this latest version (v1.1) that respawn has been changed to 'respawn at location of death' instead of 'respawn at base'. The problem with this is that often the reason one has died is because their position has been overrun, so respawning where you just died often result in immediate death again. Is this intended behavior or am I missing something in setup? Thanks.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 6:53 PM, Tuskegee_99th said:

It seems that, in this latest version (v1.1) that respawn has been changed to 'respawn at location of death' instead of 'respawn at base'

This is not intended behavior and appears to be related to Malden and Panthera versions of the scenario only.

Thank you for reporting this, I have fixed the issue with updated v1.11 Malden and Panthera versions in the zip downloadable.

Edited by Nikander
bugfix v1.11

Awesome, thanks for looking into this. I will download now, looking forward to playing this mission again.

Again, great work.

• Like 1