Nikander

[COOP] Vigilancia Aeternum

The mission has already been ported to Tanoa and currently going through final tweaks and playtesting.

Nikander

This sound really nice...looking forward to it.

Would it be possible to gain high command over the other squads? I

• Like 1

Great, so glad to read such positive feedback !

The mission has already been ported to Tanoa and currently going through final tweaks and playtesting.

In the meantime, download version v0.75 on Altis with support for RHS mod USAF weapons and vehicles. See full changelog here.

Nikander

When comes Tanoa

Released version v0.76 with new Headquarters option in lobby parameters, see full changelog here.

Would it be possible to gain high command over the other squads? I

Thanks for the suggestion, I will certainly take this into consideration for future updates.

Nikander

• Like 1

really like this mission, played your newest version (tanoa) for the last few hours, performance & mission design is perfect.

keep up the good work, this is so far the only playable (performance/design/bugfree) coop mission on tanoa.

• Like 1

Just discovered this mission - it's so great! I love insurgency/domination style missions, and this is somewhere in between. I really like that the mission is really simple and doesn't have a ton of various scripts that kill performance. We're playing it on our dedicated server and have a lot of fun! Great job Nikander!

I have one small request/question - is there any way to change the AI skill or their aiming precision? Right now they're all pretty much snipers, it's sometimes very annoying when some dude 300 metres away headshots you on their first shot. Maybe some new mission parameter to set their skill would help. Just a suggestion :-)

EDIT: One more small suggestion - right now the amount of spawning civilians is a bit too high. They slow down the performance and spawn in some weird places - after playing for half na hour there was about 10 civilians in vehicles bumping around the main NATO base in Altis. I think it would be fine if they would spawn a lot less often.

• Like 1

I have one small request/question - is there any way to change the AI skill or their aiming precision?

You can change AI aiming accuracy by setting the difficulty preset in Arma 3 main menu. Difficulty setting affects AI aiming accuracy in Vigilancia Aeternum v0.79 as follows: recruit = 0.1, regular = 0.2, veteran = 0.3 and with Custom preset the aiming accuracy is derived from the Expansion lobby option, like this: 50 min = 0.13, 40 min = 0.2, 30 min = 0.4

Revised enemy aiming accuracy and a few other tweaks in the new release, see full changelog here.

Download version v0.79

Nikander

I was just going to ask you about expanding this great work to other terrains. Awesome. This will be running on the 99th SCT server tonight. Keep it up.

update: Can you tell me what RHS support means. When I have the RHS mods active @RHSAFRF @RHSUSF and @RHSGREF all version 0.4.1.1 none of the gear is available from the in-mission arsenal, and I can't load any of my saved loudouts that contain any RHS gear. Thanks.

• Like 1

Can you tell me what RHS support means.

RHS support in Vigilancia Aeternum v0.80 means you have RHS USAF weapons in Virtual Arsenal and vehicles in your base camp (or FOB).

To enable RHS support, you must first install RHS: USAF modification, select to load in your Arma3 launcher and then in mission lobby parameters select 'RHS USA' under the military career option.

To enable RHS support on a dedicated server, you could use the following template in your server configuration file:

class Missions
{
        class VA
        {
                template="mp_coop_va16.Altis";
                difficulty="Recruit";
                class Params
                {
                        Daytime=5;
                        Skill=4;
                        Markers=1;
                        Career=5; // RHS USAF
                        Teamkill=1;
                        Parachute=1;
                        Headquarters=0;
                };
        };
};

Hope this helps,

Nikander

Edited by Nikander

Inspired by Tuskegee_99th's post, changed the Military career lobby parameter to perhaps more intuitive Weapons arsenal, having these options:

Standard (all vanilla gear), Career XP (score-based vanilla), CUP BAF (British Armed Forces), CUP GER (German), CUP USA (Marines) and RHS USA

This update also corrects the issue presented with previous version where mission would not finish even after insurgency was defeated.

Download version v0.81, see full changelog here.

Nikander

• Like 1

Hey Nikander,

I've noticed that loadouts saved in the arsenal are not reloadable. Doesn't matter if we make them in or out of mission, once we go to the arsenal again they are greyed out. Would be nice to have saved loadouts work. Really enjoying the missions though.

Thanks,

• Like 1

I've noticed that loadouts saved in the arsenal are not reloadable.

Saved loadouts can now be reloaded, except in Career XP gameplay mode.

Download version v0.82, see full changelog here.

Nikander

• Like 2

Saved loadouts can now be reloaded, except in Career XP gameplay mode.

Download version v0.82, see full changelog here.

Nikander

As usual Nikander, awesome, thanks so much for the change. I'll be putting this up on my server right now.

Virtual Garage can now be unlocked playing Career XP to be thereafter included in all mission gameplay modes. Please notice this version will reset any previous career progress back to Private rank. See the career ladder and rewards in detail at mission homepage.

Download version v0.83, see full changelog here.

Nikander

• Like 1

This mission just keeps getting better and better. It's now the default mission on my groups server.

Question: Does the number of enemy units that spawn at any one time scale based on the number of players on my team? And, if so, could a parameter be added so that we could adjust that scaling?

• Like 1

Question: Does the number of enemy units that spawn at any one time scale based on the number of players on my team?

Hello Tuskegee_99th, spawn algorithm in Vigilancia Aeternum is designed to scale only by the number of enemy groups in player's vicinity and should stay more or less the same at all times, regardless of the number of players. The strength of the enemy groups is randomized but with increasing chance of larger groups depending on difficulty set in MP lobby.

Nikander