We do not have a "fixed roadmap", everything evolves day by day accordingly to our free time\ our will, so i can't really answer to your question :)

(but a modeler doing custom objects for our terrain would boost the process and motivation a little bit.) ;)

Been busy cleaning up an old G41 one of mine, hoping to have this and the G98 done by the end of the month 

HA0XW0h.png

• Like 9

Good luck with the development of this mod, I'll start blocking out my calendar on any sign of a release date in the future, and prepare for the lack of sunlight I will get!  :lol:

• Like 1

Guys, gentlemen,
oh my dear, I shall say: Just stumbled up on this thread, this is all news to me - I am blown away.

Awesome!

Nah.. I do have to ask this though, and please don't get offended, I  am  stoked  to see what you got;
but I have to ask this nonetheless:

Will you/ Have you put equal effort in portraying USMC and IJA/ IJN // UKAF/ USA and Heer/ SS ?

Or are you more focused on representing the Allied side of the conflict first of all?
(That is in terms of first and formost quality and then quantitiy/ composition of content.)
Latter interpretation is something that is most common in pretty much every video game; I would argue
it to be the case even with the, in this regard, much esteemed RO2:RS!
I am asking this, since the latter interpretation is what I remember from ol' A2 HiP & Inv44 back in the day.

I do understand where they were coming from, paying more attention to detail on the Allies,
since that's what you'd end up playing most of the time, especially considering that most people primarily
and understandibly play ArmA for the Coop-experience.
However as being some one who has always been wired just  a tad differently, I am secretely hoping that,
with this new era of WWII mods in ArmA, you may put aside such thing as 'inequality of potrayal'.
That is of course not to say  you  ever did!! - Don't get me wrong, please.

Ahh... I so much wish I could help you guys out on anything... Let's see what I can do about that  :unsure:

Ahh.. and excuse another pesky question of mine: Do you have anybody to help you with Japanese Radio protocolls?

Take care everybody, and take my best wishes, will you?

Edited by R0adki11
correct font to make it read better

Nope, all humans are the same :P

Jokes apart, we'll do our best to create an amazing mod. No focused efforts on any side planned.

As a side note, there are not much updates lately, but most of the team is away for the summer, especially me, so you'll probably see us active again from september.

• Like 6

As a side note, there are not much updates lately, but most of the team is away for the summer, especially me, so you'll probably see us active again from september.

Then I would like to wish all of you folks some good summer vacations!

Take care :)

~

Hello, I would like to give a little input regarding U.S. gear, the M1 Rifle, M1 Carbine, and Arisaka rifles.  I am quite familiar with those based upon extensive collecting and ownership of those weapons along with internet and book studies on those weapons.

The M1 Rifle "Garand"

Here are a few small details that will make your M1 rifle the most authentic available and ArmA and arguably in most all video games.  They tend to miss these little details that are crucial to having a correctly configured WWII example of the M1 Rifle.  If desired I can come back later with some M1 Carbine and Arisaka variant details.

14199328_1748412312094388_40737886172573

#1 Rear Sights

They are in your face and a high visibility item.  I would advise using the Lock-Bar sights as they are most common in the later part of the war.  Most M1 Rifles I see modeled in games use the post WWII T105 sights which is blatantly incorrect.  Here is a nice chart to use as a reference.

11004539_1687731294829157_82823282003311

#2 Trigger Guard

The milled trigger guard was typical on most WWII M1 Rifles.  The stamped trigger began incorporation in April of 1944 and was not nearly as common as the milled version.  Left is the post April 1944 stamped trigger guard and right is the milled.

#3 Receiver

Not a biggie bit a nifty detail, make the serial number on your M1 Rifle under the Springfield 800,000 or Winchester 1,200,000 to put it before mid 1942.

I hope that was helpful.

• Like 1

Nope, all humans are the same :P

Jokes apart, we'll do our best to create an amazing mod. No focused efforts on any side planned.

Ok, September first today! Release next week, right? Ha ha ha

But seriously, has the mild success of iron front light changed your approach? Like could you make your stuff compatible with ifa3 lite? So in the steam launcher you could load both mods and have content from each? So that you could concentrate on another faction, like using the Americans as they are and work on jap stuff only?

I think that more efficiency would be awesome because:

a. WW2 scope is massive (factions, units, weapons & theatres)

b. developer fatigue is inevitable (most teams are very small)

c. several different WW2 mods already exist

I understand that each mod team has their own unique vision but it is very rare that any mod is run by itself, i.e. most mods are run alongside others.

So mod compatibility is vital.

I'd even argue that compatibility is more important than content.

Who wants 9 different models for K98k if has they all have different weights, damage and sounds?

I know that compromise is a dirty word but so are unfinished mods.

So how about sharing out the pie?

• 1939: invasion of Czech, Poland? = CSA38
  • 1940: invasion of Danemark, Norway & France = ?
  • 1940-1943: North Africa = Faces of War?
  • 1941-45: Eastern front = IFA3?
  • 1941-45: Pacific = Hell in the Pacific?
  • 1940-45 Mediterranean & Normandy = I44?
  • 1944-45: Battle of Bulge & Defence of Germany = Westwall?

you are right on many points and without necessarily achieving full compatibility between different mods, I think we'll probably go in the right direction and inter mods gateways should be more visible than before ...

I think that more efficiency would be awesome because:

a. WW2 scope is massive (factions, units, weapons & theatres)

b. developer fatigue is inevitable (most teams are very small)

c. several different WW2 mods already exist

I understand that each mod team has their own unique vision but it is very rare that any mod is run by itself, i.e. most mods are run alongside others.

So mod compatibility is vital.

I'd even argue that compatibility is more important than content.

Who wants 9 different models for K98k if has they all have different weights, damage and sounds?

I know that compromise is a dirty word but so are unfinished mods.

So how about sharing out the pie?

• 1939: invasion of Czech, Poland? = CSA38
  • 1940: invasion of Danemark, Norway & France = ?
  • 1940-1943: North Africa = Faces of War?
  • 1941-45: Eastern front = IFA3?
  • 1941-45: Pacific = Hell in the Pacific?
  • 1940-45 Mediterranean & Normandy = I44?
  • 1944-45: Battle of Bulge & Defence of Germany = Westwall?

Good idea :D :D but problem realization

• Like 2

Good idea :D :D but problem realization

All solutions start with the realisation that there's a problem.

• Like 4

Hmm universal standards(platform) for 2ww would be great. But biggest problem is cooperation between mods. Ill try think about it how to solve it ...

• Like 1

Am I really the only one who thinks that using the exact name of an existing game for a mod is a bad idea ?

Yes

private; hell no sir not with that cannon.

Sargent; you get your arse on that boat and jump out when told.

private; sir with all due respect you are crazy

wow i love it. will it be able to work as arty and costal. i mean in the terms as bombarding an island.

agian i love your work.

PS how will the sights work on this weapon will you need a team to aim it or will it be able to be operated by one man.

and idea you could do is make it a team weapon you have a guy who looks threw weapons sights while the gunner can adjust alivation and horizontal. 

just think its a awsome weapon also i love the unis.

and one last thing in the mod will you be adding mgs to the higgins?