With the anniversary on D-Day coming up is anyone else getting there hopes up like me?

Oh, we still got plenty time left. D-Day on Tarawa was on Nov. 20th :D

• Like 1

I dislike the idea of using IF as a requirement, i wish to use this as an alternative, as IF is low quality unless you pay for it as its a port of a game

I'm going to upset McHellsten but using Iron Front as a requirement would definitely bring communities together as opposed to the I44/HIP divide we had in ArmA 2. 

Love you McHellsten

• Like 2

Having Iron Front as a requirement wouldn't be that bad since they uploaded the low-res "trial" version on steam workshop. 

• Like 1

Oh, we still got plenty time left. D-Day on Tarawa was on Nov. 20th :D

More interested In this one being British :P but your point does make me sad :D

Please quote where I said that. Trying to rush the devs to release to your date standards is absurd. If they're ready, then they're ready. No need to put pressure on them.

They are doing their best at providing an outstanding addon for the game. Asking them to do you favors is outright disrespectful.

Disguising your request as a way to commemorate fallen heroes is disgusting.

"The only important date is the when the devs are ready. "

June 6th was an important date for me and I never said I to the devs to release on that date. The other guy if anyone else is getting their hopes up he didn't ask for a release either and I simply replied "Oh I am for sure but I don't think the devs are

they want to give us top notch stuff which takes time." At that I don't see anywhere about asking for a release date neither trying to mean it through what I said. I simply said yes i am getting my hopes up for June 6th but I don't think the devs are. How the fuck am I disrespectful to the devs.

Calm down guys, there's no reason for it. There won't be any release for the 6th, sorry.

Calm down guys, there's no reason for it. There won't be any release for the 6th, sorry.

Exactly as I said. Fuck my life yeah I was totally asking for a release date on 6th and not agreeing with being an important date. I even state it in my post!!!

This stops right now, if anyone can't post in a calm and constructive manner then i will be banning you from this thread. 

• Like 5

I'm going to upset McHellsten but using Iron Front as a requirement would definitely bring communities together as opposed to the I44/HIP divide we had in ArmA 2. 

Love you McHellsten

Why would you need to have it as a requirement now that FoW/HiP have already merged?

Why would you need to have it as a requirement now that FoW/HiP have already merged?

Why not? (no flame intended, it's a serious question)

Hello there

I imagine there's a lot of "fear" still left over from the *old* IFL conversion process, much of which is now unfounded.

It's incredibly easy now to install through the workshop and IFL dev is definitely ongoing.

Having IFL as a requirement doesnt necessarily mean the guys/gals have to use *all* the "low res" content, rather they will have access to existing mechanics like the fragmentation of nades and the mine laying capabilities etc right off the bat as well as common weapons, animations etc which will save a heap of dev time and will eliminate many compatibility errors for those who like to "mash it up"

Obviously, its for them (the devs) to decide, but IMHO, I'd like to see a cohesive platform/ideal/pipeline/way forward for all WW2 mods.

Like it or not the IFL mod is, and will continue to be, a big player for the foreseeable future.

Im glad we are blessed with so many ww2 ongoing projects!

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

I imagine there's a lot of "fear" still left over from the *old* IFL conversion process, much of which is now unfounded.

This is probably haunting my mind in some subconsious way lol

I just think that not having a lot of requirements would be easier for cross mod compability? Since ArmA updates 95% of the times always break mods in one way or another, all three mod teams would have to work together and take more time bla bla... Then there is ACE 3 compability, possibly ALiVE and other mods that the community might want to mix in with FOW/HIP/IF. Though I'm not very pro when it comes to modding. It just feels easier to make it an option rather than requirement (Please don't kill me).

I'm sure it will be an amazing end result either way. I can't wait ;_;

Forgive me, father Steel

Also, isn't IF the game + expansion required to be able to play IFL?

No

Hello there

Not any more, not with the New Improved "Preview" version.

TBH the main bugbear I find is when mods OPFOR and Blufor are incompatible.

Im not saying all mods should be uber compatible, but if some kind of "best practice" loose agreement was come to between all the WW2 mod makers it would solve alot of issues.

Im a mod smisher and like to stuff em all together. Im really unhappy a recent new WW2 infantry mod is incompatible with IFL and I cant pit Tommy Atkins against the Hun. My own personal issue I know, but just having that excellent little mod working in concert with IFL Preview would have opened up so many opportunities.

Hey ho! Regardless, Im following *this* mod with interest and indeed glee.

Rdgs

LoK

@Giallustio, is there any chance you guys need video content creators to show off content or upcoming content? I have a lot of experience with ArmA 3 cinematic design, video editing, etc. I would like to help out where I can. If you could add me on steam here we can discuss it and I can show you some top quality editing work I have done on ArmA. Even if you decide not to after it wouldn't hurt to have a look.  :)

Hey, do you plan to add an flamethrower? I would love to attack my clanmembers in the night with burning petrol.

Yes, the M2 Flamethrower is already ported from HiP A2 and now undergoing some tweaking.

• Like 2

Why not? (no flame intended, it's a serious question)

I don't want to pay for a mod.I prefer to donate to modders

I don't want low res models

I44 had all for free and in good res for that time

IFL had a bad impact on ARMA cause they were the first to make you pay for a mod and splitted the community

IF conversion was a total messs in the past

FOW guys at the beginning said their mod  would be standalone.

IFL has many issues in compatibility with other mod

IFL is no on pair with models and texture expected from a 2016 game(RHS new models are)

porting<new dedicated content

Just take your time and provide us with top quality assets(as you are already doing) and don't recycle old (imho) crap

• Like 2

IFL made the vanilla props disappear from 3DEN and also gave some errors on startup. It also added some gameplay changes (fragmentation and crosshair) which should probably be left for ACE3.

I44 had all for free and in good res for that time

IFL had a bad impact on ARMA cause they were the first to make you pay for a mod and splitted the community

IFL is no on pair with models and texture expected from a 2016 game(RHS new models are)

porting<new dedicated content

Just take your time and provide us with top quality assets(as you are already doing) and don't recycle old (imho) crap

I dont see why people that bought IFL should be cut out from the Arma 3 ww2 community, as well as I dont see why you care about have extra content in the game that you can choose to use or not. 

Like it's already a miracle that 2 mods joined togheter to make one bigger mod while they still trying to be as compatible as they can with the rest of ww2 mods and vice versa.

Some of IFL assets are TOP quality and while I agree that would be nice to have ACE3 compatible, it's better to have all ww2 mods compatible as much as possible.

Ace3 compatibility should be a plus 

• Like 2

This never worked out in the past and we all know that :)

The only things low res are the textures (512x512) and they're way better than the old IF Lite version (128x128).

This, imho, should be a choice of the modders, something that it's not possible atm, but it's not the right place to talk about it 

True. Infact the mod now is on the workshop and devs are looking for a new way to deliver the FULL version.

To be completely honest, the FOW project started as an IF expansion, things changed few time during the development and we needed to adapt.

AFAIK they're working on it, especially for ACE and CBA.

The thing is pretty simple.

Using IF as placeholder, we can focus on improving old models, adding new models (e.g. the UK faction) and start working on some terrain.

We can even re-texture IF models to have high-res textures on IF models (need to check with kju about it).

We do not have any assets for a terrain and I think we won't be able to add any in this state.

It's a small team and we have no one that can work on buildings and map assets at the moment.

This is my personal opinion, of course. The team will take the decision ;)

• Like 6

imho you probly cant alter the res on ifl because of the legal issues