Mediterranean uniform?

Yes.  :)

Though my earlier statement about the uniforms still stands, with this one as well.

We need to change few things on the uniform, we do not know if before or after the first release, but i think they're totally playable at the moment

We need to change few things on the uniform, we do not know if before or after the first release, but i think they're totally playable at the moment

Does that mean what I think it means?

Alpha release date soon?

Well if you could provide a link to the evidence that would be useful to the topic in hand, rather than saying what you think you know.

I recently (probably in biki) read that 4096 textures can degrade in quality of rendering faster than say 2048 -- for example if a player has lower quality texture settings in game the LOD adjusts downward faster.  If you're using 4096 textures (which I tested for some of my models) there's 4x the data, not 2x 2048.  If I run across it I'll update this, but dig into it yourself -- the LOD system in ARMA isn't linear and depends on individual player settings.

Any truth to the rumors that you guys are merging with the Hell in the Pacific guys? 

Any truth to the rumors that you guys are merging with the Hell in the Pacific guys? 

No luck man. We're allergic to palm trees.

No luck man. We're allergic to palm trees.

Fortunately, you are not allergic to the hedgerows in Normandy ;)

I forget if I've asked already--will this mod feature the Afrika Korps and some desert skins/units/terrains?

Apologize if I'm accidentally spamming.

Hopefully you will need to remove the Kar from the shoulder to bolt it. Having fired a number of Mauser action weapons, you cannot rebolt the weapon in the shoulder without smacking yourself in the face. They cannot easily be reloaded whilst aiming, and if the mod makes it so you can, this would be wrong.

Just saying. ;)

3ABC54325298A6CE3FCFA6EDAC9EBBFEC5E61983

This has me excited, especially if you get some of the extra details right (Parka's and Rope etc), it will be extra awesome...Age of Heroes anyone? I know our 3CB guys will be up for some WWII Commando action.

1135100_Age_of_Heroes.jpgDaniel-Bechennec-excel-terre-perso11-COM

Looks like you're a poor shot.

You try doing that under simulated mortar fire while being rushed by T34s, then we'll talk. I couldn't manage it, and I had no threat of being killed. The chaps in the front line CERTAINLY would not have managed it considering the relatively short training periods. Anyone who has actually used a Mauser wearing full infantry kit under such conditions, such as myself on a History Channel documentary on WW2 Infantry Weapons where I was a paid adviser so I'm not talking out of my arse ;), will tell you it's not possible. As such, as the chap in that video is in light clothing, standing up and is obviously not taking return fire, his fire rate is irrelevant.

German infantrymen in WW2 are wearing serge uniforms, with lots of equipment, are more often than not firing from the prone position, and are under mortar/artillery/tank fire, not to mention small arms. Not standing up in a back yard somewherewith no risk of death. As such, your argument is invalid.

Additionally, your 40 pattern 'commando' battledress pictured above is not worn open with tie until well AFTER the end of the Second World War. Troops going into action in WW2, unless they are officers, wear their BD buttoned to the top with clips fastened. Any open wearing with ties is done by Officer or ORs OFF DUTY in walking out rig, but not until well after Sept 1944. Although a modern image, the one below demonstrates the correct and regulation way to wear 1940 Pattern Battledress.

uniform02.jpg

Please, if you are going to do this, do it accurately. Don't cut corners and don't skimp on your research. Otherwise this mod will be inaccurate and farby as balls.

Thanks

• Like 7

Anyone who has actually used a Mauser wearing full infantry kit under such conditions, such as myself on a History Channel documentary on WW2 Infantry Weapons where I was a paid adviser so I'm not talking out of my arse...

L2R.

Additionally, additionally:

- The Essex Regiment, from the BD pictured, served primarily in NW Europe during the Second World War, with some elements going to Italy & the FE. Unless the chap pictured is one of the Essex Regiment chaps sent to Italy, your webbing should be blanco'd KG3.

- I've just realized that's actually a 1949 Pattern BD blouse you've modeled, so is horrendously wrong for this time period.

I've already covered the uniform problems.  :)

There is a few things wrong with the uniforms, helmets and so forth in the original post, such as the lack of an eagle on the German Field cap. However, these have already been adressed internally in and been made aware of.*

So don't be too worried about it. Though, naturally feedback and information is always welcome. So, thank you  :)

*Not accounting for occasional slip ups, potential oversights and other errors.

• Like 2

Assuming that each potential player on arma 3 is a historian who does not know yet, but finds out, as struck by lightning, in his first game with the ww2 characters I created, and rather than pay attention to virtual bullets at risk of "killing" at any time, he will prefer to detail the number, shape and brand of the manufacturer of buttons that adorn the jacket of the character he plays, or those at his side.

It is true that the game engine is a repulsive ugliness, gameplay deep trouble and the developers of the vanilla game uncultivated in communication and creation.

Therefore, it is better, in fact, focus on those details that really change all that make a rainy day, a sunny day.

And everyone, with a historian luggage will become a top game gamer.

I think he will soon be required to have a diploma historian pocket, to play now, so that nothing but then nothing, will not slip through the net, without the Police historians (in uniform made on purpose for them, which he is sure no regulatory button), not put barriers to restore the historical,

extremely precise and documented according to the rules established by those who recommended them ....

Only voila, time or I'm doing 3D, we do not care of it all, they were content to play, then when the developers have given us tools for modding (I drink coffee for their health, for this historic day, too), we embellish the game with our own achievements, always fun and relaxation (heyday).

We wont let it does not try to make things resembling or so near, but without taking the head or hair cut into four pieces.

Moreover, it is the artistic talent that has awakened in every modder, at that time and experience were numerous, unequal probably not very historically accurate as well, but were good fun and the creation, by definition does not necessarily mean photographic precision, simply because the camera is provided for this.

I think you do the confusion of genres that are not necessarily antagonistic, but not necessarily welded to one another, at least for a modder who does and gives players free content.

If I wanted to make extréme precision for content for a documentary, for example, then yes, you would have absolutely right to talk as you do on my work.

But this is not the case and I did not wait thy coming, or that of another, to create American soldiers on "ironfront" for arma3 and I personally have had no return (except yours soon, no doubt), and said he lacked a regulatory yaw to the left shoe of the character, or any other such observations.

Just because it is not that expected by the players (as mentioned earlier in this post).

Personally I like my characters well and this is the main for me that ais delighted to shape, texturing, sculpting the model in high definition, etc.

They do not like you?

It is your right and I do not force you to play with, no more than I ask you to do the historian of my creations that do not try to pierce the ceiling.

If they appeal so much better if they do not like, it's okay.

I did a bit Carboniferous environment, relying on a very precise documentation and relayed by people who are experts and there, indeed, a serious game to educational commitment, it is necessary to be specific because the public is not the same and not the same expectations as one who plays arma 3.

I will not answer each of your post very aggressive, simply because I have better things to do by creating, but I still wanted to make my own contribution to bie nfaire understand my point of view.

After, you do what you want ...

• Like 15

at this point im dying for a good ww2 mod and i have to say thank you for your time and dedication and i think your right with what your saying 

• Like 3

Fair play, you guys are doing great work so far, looking forward to seeing the result guys

• Like 3

"Hopefully you will need to remove the Kar from the shoulder to bolt it. Having fired a number of Mauser action weapons, you cannot rebolt the weapon in the shoulder without smacking yourself in the face. They cannot easily be reloaded whilst aiming, and if the mod makes it so you can, this would be wrong."

Mate the above is your statment, you can do fast fireing with a k98, even with gear on, for support fire, (German ww2 gear isnt that heavy or mobility restrictive), if you have ever seen it or tried it on.

you can rebolt without smacking your self in the face, honestly i am amazed you were able to smack your face reloading it, and i hope they didnt pay you to much as an advicer, because you are clearly talking out of your arse ,

haveing shot the weapon doesnt mean you know how to use the weapon.

i will agree that takeing fire will restrict your ability to fire fast because, noramlly you dont want to be hit, but there are alot of situation were you are not taking fire, where you try to have superior fire on the enemy to make sure they cant respond. 

off topic and flame-baiting posts removed, any further deviation from the topic in hand will result in forum infractions. 

From an outsider perspective, the best thing about the BIS Games has always been the community and how we would always help each other and offer constructive criticism since the dawn of OFP. Can't we all get along and help each other? 

• Like 7

off topic and flame-baiting posts removed, any further deviation from the topic in hand will result in forum infractions. 

Thanks for fast reaction  ;)  ;)

• Like 2

Assuming that each potential player on arma 3 is a historian who does not know yet, but finds out, as struck by lightning, in his first game with the ww2 characters I created, and rather than pay attention to virtual bullets at risk of "killing" at any time, he will prefer to detail the number, shape and brand of the manufacturer of buttons that adorn the jacket of the character he plays, or those at his side.

It is true that the game engine is a repulsive ugliness, gameplay deep trouble and the developers of the vanilla game uncultivated in communication and creation.
Therefore, it is better, in fact, focus on those details that really change all that make a rainy day, a sunny day.

And everyone, with a historian luggage will become a top game gamer.
I think he will soon be required to have a diploma historian pocket, to play now, so that nothing but then nothing, will not slip through the net, without the Police historians (in uniform made on purpose for them, which he is sure no regulatory button), not put barriers to restore the historical,
extremely precise and documented according to the rules established by those who recommended them ....

Only voila, time or I'm doing 3D, we do not care of it all, they were content to play, then when the developers have given us tools for modding (I drink coffee for their health, for this historic day, too), we embellish the game with our own achievements, always fun and relaxation (heyday).

We wont let it does not try to make things resembling or so near, but without taking the head or hair cut into four pieces.

Moreover, it is the artistic talent that has awakened in every modder, at that time and experience were numerous, unequal probably not very historically accurate as well, but were good fun and the creation, by definition does not necessarily mean photographic precision, simply because the camera is provided for this.

I think you do the confusion of genres that are not necessarily antagonistic, but not necessarily welded to one another, at least for a modder who does and gives players free content.

If I wanted to make extréme precision for content for a documentary, for example, then yes, you would have absolutely right to talk as you do on my work.
But this is not the case and I did not wait thy coming, or that of another, to create American soldiers on "ironfront" for arma3 and I personally have had no return (except yours soon, no doubt), and said he lacked a regulatory yaw to the left shoe of the character, or any other such observations.

Just because it is not that expected by the players (as mentioned earlier in this post).

Personally I like my characters well and this is the main for me that ais delighted to shape, texturing, sculpting the model in high definition, etc.

They do not like you?

It is your right and I do not force you to play with, no more than I ask you to do the historian of my creations that do not try to pierce the ceiling.
If they appeal so much better if they do not like, it's okay.

I did a bit Carboniferous environment, relying on a very precise documentation and relayed by people who are experts and there, indeed, a serious game to educational commitment, it is necessary to be specific because the public is not the same and not the same expectations as one who plays arma 3.

I will not answer each of your post very aggressive, simply because I have better things to do by creating, but I still wanted to make my own contribution to bie nfaire understand my point of view.

After, you do what you want ...

truth.. i remade models again and again  :D  :D  new artworks... we can realase "Alpha" with faults and to full fix all faults.example k98k i am reamde 5 year and finally its OK after i am buy original mauser to home. For my not problem to our mod help with k98k and example with Opel Blitz too  :) . For "Alpha" its first = gameplay..  :)  

• Like 3

So many history experts and so few modders in A3 Community, would be much cooler the other way around. Just sayn

That begin said, keep it up guys! it-s looking awesome!

• Like 7