@giallustio

i´m just wondering. It is always good to compare your projects to other projects.

@Lodu

thanks for the answer. The texture looks so good. But my experience tells me, that Arma will make it look bad. You might consider doing it in 4k.

Why are you guys so insistent on having them work with other projects? Let them do their thing. They're more than capable of it, as they've shown. Competition is always good for the consumer.

If you'd like an American voice actor/adequate (albeit usually unoptimized) scripter let me know. Also got a dedicated server available for MP testing.

• Like 1

You have my word that you will have this mod before the end of this century : promised, juror.

More seriously, we will show you other progressions and all this takes shape and advance surely, at his pace. :)

• Like 1

I would have disagree higher textures on infantry models does not necessary brings down performance at all. Could you clarify where you got this information from? I would think the infantry units should work on a 1 hit kill principle as that would be highly realistic for a WW2 scenario.

I read it somewhere a couple of months ago when I was retexturing some units for a campaign I am working on.

Keep in mind guys, that besides talented modelers, animators and coders, we also looking for a credible historian or military advisor of that era. We aim for authencity where possible.

Oh, and British/German/American voice actors too!

I can script most stuff, if you need me tell me.

The British Commando reminds me of the old classic game  hidden and dangerous 2.

All those epic stealth missions. 
Omg I get a wet tear in my eye just thinking about it. Those where the good old days  :D

You two guys are just epic, love your guys work!!

• Like 3

Promising looking addon, will you be modelling the Scottish Regimantal head dress, the Tam O' Shanter, worn by most Scottish Regiments during WW2?

There will be additions to items of clothing, whenever the mod will increase to higher.

I discovered the English part I do not know and I have to say I am impressed with all that existed at that time for that faction.

The ancestor of modern bags, assault vests, all the commandos part, the Tam O 'Shanter, etc, are very promising in original creation.

So yes, there will be variety, but not a single output. :)

• Like 1

Guys, you amaze me more and more. Beautiful and smooth operation of bolt action. And finally helmet MkII :D

Excuse me for asking, but are you planning static weapons such as MG42?

We plan everything and nothing at this stage.

We're focusing our efforts to finish the first release as soon as possible.

Sauer joined the team and helped us to find little details to improve the final result in terms of accuracy.

A lot of work still to do :)

• Like 1

OK, I understand, you would like to do as much as possible, but the possibilities of 3-person team are limited. You know, it really sounds much better than the notorious sentence: "No. Maybe. Probably.TM" :lol:

I don’t bother you, I keep my fingers crossed. :thumb:

If you need an advisor, I'm always game to assist.

Just a quick pointer to start, your webbing needs blancoing. Unblanco'd webbing like your British troop models have was only used in North Africa and part of Italy, not North West Europe. If you are putting together British infantry for WW2, you will need to blanco the webbing in order to make it accurate.

DSCN1417.jpg

A set of 1937 Pattern Webbing blanco'd KG3.

• Like 1

Tthere seem to be many intermediate shades and the average value appears to be the color Khaki Green Light: it will be a test for webbing northern europe.

Thanks for the information.

Tthere seem to be many intermediate shades and the average value appears to be the color Khaki Green Light: it will be a test for webbing northern europe.
Thanks for the information.

Where have you got this information from? It's plain wrong. Webbing comes out of the factory that light sandy colour, and was then blanco'd by the troops to adjust it to their environment. Anyone going into action in Normandy with webbing that colour either has a death-wish or a pathological liking for field punishment, as their WO would be beside himself with rage as they have failed to follow the most basic of standing orders.

http://www.blancoandbull.com/blanco-history/kg3/

KG3 was THE approved colour of webbing, with standing orders to darken webbing for European Service. The only people exempt from this were servicemen in Italy where webbing was left unblanco'd or scrubbed clean from the Desert, or in the Far East, where webbing was batch dyed.

I do hope you chaps are going to be accurate, as there is no point otherwise. You have an offer on the table from a published historian of the period. I suggest you use it.

Thank you for the info! But we're not focusing on Normandy only

If that is the case, you need to have at least 3 British web sets of the basic battle order only, let alone the Supplementary Pouches, Cart carriers, officer's BD, etc.

These colours are KG3, scrubbed and Jungle Green. And possibly Pea Green if you do early early war.

There is a few things wrong with the uniforms, helmets and so forth in the original post, such as the lack of an eagle on the German Field cap. However, these have already been adressed internally in and been made aware of.*

So don't be too worried about it. Though, naturally feedback and information is always welcome. So, thank you  :)

*Not accounting for occasional slip ups, potential oversights and other errors.

Why are you guys so insistent on having them work with other projects? Let them do their thing. They're more than capable of it, as they've shown. Competition is always good for the consumer.

If you'd like an American voice actor/adequate (albeit usually unoptimized) scripter let me know. Also got a dedicated server available for MP testing.

Because of attrition like like this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184306-war-chronicles-ww2-modification/page-28#entry3005769

If you'd be around long enough, you'd know that many mods, particularly total conversions like this are enormously ambitious and thus have a much higher failure rate than smaller mods.

So sometimes cooperation can help improve the chances of success.

Because of attrition like like this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184306-war-chronicles-ww2-modification/page-28#entry3005769

If you'd be around long enough, you'd know that many mods, particularly total conversions like this are enormously ambitious and thus have a much higher failure rate than smaller mods.

So sometimes cooperation can help improve the chances of success.

Not really a good example as it's a case of exactly what's been asked for, developers coalescing into fewer, larger teams.

Not really a good example as it's a case of exactly what's been asked for, developers coalescing into fewer, larger teams.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're right about the result but wrong about the motivations.

The decision to consolidate forces was taken after certain troops quit their posts.

But maybe we're splitting hairs here...

I just hope that we don't end up with half the mods disappearing and the remaining half releasing half-finished and incompatible with each other (RHS ahem ACE3).

Could you chaps upload it on Play with Six and on Steam Workshop? (Some of us can only launch it through PWS and some only through SW and since we re kind of apes when it comes to modding we use those two launchers...) We ve been waiting for a long time for a ww2 mod to give meaning to ArmA again...