Already done. They are too focus on late war in Germany, kinda hard to cooperate sadly.

@vintorez

The mk2 is already in game! I didn't show everything ;)

i can`t understand what you are talking about. Maybe some assets are different, but you might do 80% of the work twice. How can you not join forces? To me it is absolutely ridicoulus. For years we had no ww2 mod. Now it seems like we are going to have 4 mods wich are mostly the same. The amount of effort that is wasted, makes me sad.
  • Like 2

First, i want to say that i'm certain of the quality of this mod. To be honnest, i don't know giallustio's work (except last patch for IFA3, sorry... :wacko: ), but i know a little Lodu's work (US soldiers in IFA3, soldiers in HiP), and his work is great quality. :)

A thing came to my mind :

Have you planned the possibility to change some details as the ranks ? Units' Insignia ? And other "little" things ?

It would be good if it was possible : so, we could have variations without a lot of supplementary stuff.

I explain : in this image, we see soldiers of the 49th Infantry division. If there would be the possibilty to change the rank's insignia and the unit's insignia, you could "do" several units and all the rank's insignia without adding a lot of weight to the mod.

Under Iron Front Standalone, the US soldiers were made with this possibility, and it allowed to change these detail, in order to obtain a lot of variety. :) This page is an example of what i'm talking.

You can always play it with IF, factions and units will be compatible with IF.

Prima ! ! :) You make me very happy. Thx a lot ! ! ! :627:

The dream would be that all mod on WW2 would be compatible between them. I pray for this.

I won't talk about IFA3 in this topic anymore, there's one about it and there could be some news soon, but end of transmissions

I will survey it. ;)

• Like 1

i can`t understand what you are talking about. Maybe some assets are different, but you might do 80% of the work twice. How can you not join forces? To me it is absolutely ridicoulus. For years we had no ww2 mod. Now it seems like we are going to have 4 mods wich are mostly the same. The amount of effort that is wasted, makes me sad.

It's easy, I've asked for it. And to be honest I don't really care about it. I'm doing it because I'm having fun. Working on a k98 instead of a MP40 isn't that different.

The problem is for the end user, the player, but that's different.

I hope you get my point.

• Like 1

Hey there,
I always wanted to create sounds for WWII weaponry, and now with the improvements brought by Eden update, I'm more than excited about it... Hit me up if you are interested and we'll talk.

You can always play it with IF, factions and units will be compatible with IF.

That's all we really need. Once two WW2 mods inter-operate well then we have a de-facto standard which might hopefully draw others in.

Models look great, looking forward to your updates!

i get it, but i´m sorry for the community.

The best way not to be sorry is to get involved.

• Like 2

The best way not to be sorry is to get involved.

I am involved. Right now i'm building a MG3 for BWmod and a MG42 for westwall.

How many world war 2 mods for ARMA 3 do we got now?

If you guys not merge with another ww2 mod for arma 3 I would like to give you guys a suggestion to maby focus on the ww2 north africa campaign.

Nobody have done it or no one is working on it. And with desert maps/islands players will get very good FPS :)

I've thought many times about how even the 'desert' map from OA would be great for tank battles like El Alemain, if only we had the units for it.

great looking character models. keep it up guys!

you guys should just do what you please. my experience from modding is that over complicating things and focussing to much on organisation can quickly kill motivation or stagnate output. it's usually better to just make the stuff (models and stuff) you like and later share things across teams, if needed. and seeing quality vary not only between mods but also inside mods i'd say having things done twice or more is not always a bad thing. teaming up across several teams should be natural. otherwise it can be more destructive to actual output than people might think.

at least in arma imho it's always better to do your thing but also try to make things as universially compatible as possible. because people WILL mix stuff anyways.

• Like 3

Lt. Steel [42 Commando], on 26 Mar 2016 - 09:35, said:

My community regularly plays IFA3 and we have no problems at all. The mod is brilliant. 

This one is looking like it's going to be epic too.

Really? Are you sure about this?

If you are then you don't play with tanks at all because they are broken in MP using a server.

Anyways... Looking forward to your released work!!!!

How many world war 2 mods for ARMA 3 do we got now?

If you guys not merge with another ww2 mod for arma 3 I would like to give you guys a suggestion to maby focus on the ww2 north africa campaign.

Nobody have done it or no one is working on it. And with desert maps/islands players will get very good FPS :)

I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to play even Takistan as the Africa Korps vs. the Commonwealth or the US Army. There could even be Italians! But also, this would require its own topic thread, I think.

Wow! British Army Commando Hat called the "Cap Comforter". I'm impressed :) Textures on the uniform look great, pouches are very realistic. Well done!

I've to check, why?

Because if you use to big of a size for the textures it looks better but takes up more space and bring down the performance. If you use too small the textures looks shit but you have better performance. Also how will your armor work? Everything now in arma 3 is 1 hit kill if you are not wearing a plate carrier or a vest.

• Like 1

Because if you use to big of a size for the textures it looks better but takes up more space and bring down the performance. If you use too small the textures looks shit but you have better performance. Also how will your armor work? Everything now in arma 3 is 1 hit kill if you are not wearing a plate carrier or a vest.

I would have disagree higher textures on infantry models does not necessary brings down performance at all. Could you clarify where you got this information from? I would think the infantry units should work on a 1 hit kill principle as that would be highly realistic for a WW2 scenario.

No problem with this kind of purely technical questions: the uniform textures are all in 2048/2048.

But I think the optimization models for performance are not limited to the texture size, but also a good degression / decimation 3d between each level of detail, which helps relieve processors so they can calculate something else, such as scripts, for example.

Ww2 of the operation theaters are more realistic when they are densely populated and for that, any kind of optimization is worth taking.

This is not because the game engine allows for weapons whose first lod contains 20,000 polygons, it must systematically go through it: a little logic does not hurt anyone and each weapon or character must be thought rendering in terms designed to not hurt the eyes, knowing that the eye does not look all the same way, with the same intensity and which can thus cheat on parts.
  • Like 1

Keep in mind guys, that besides talented modelers, animators and coders, we also looking for a credible historian or military advisor of that era. We aim for authencity where possible.

Oh, and British/German/American voice actors too!

Keep in mind guys, that besides talented modelers, animators and coders, we also looking for a credible historian or military advisor of that era. We aim for authencity where possible.

Oh, and British/German/American voice actors too!

I can help with British voice acting and I'd be happy to help if it means faster progress.

Personally I'm amazed that there's not more cooperation between all these WW2 mods.

I understand that you all have different priorities but surely some compromise can't be a bad thing if it means getting more content and an earlier release date?

Plus I'd be willing to wager a fair bit that half of these well-intentioned efforts will never release due to burn-out or will release way under their original expectations.

Like my Dad always said "Strive for excellence, not perfection".

that is the most awesome hat i have seen, i want one.

i really like the textures on it too. convincing.

• Like 1