Hi everyone!

Lodu and I are proud to present to you Faces of War.

Faces of War is a WW2 modification for Arma 3 that aims to bring the majority of assets into the game.

We're a small team, just two at the moment, we procede slowly but surely (quality over quantity).

Our first rule is optimization. A3 is a pretty demanding engine and during WW2 were a lot of things going on during battle,
that's the main reason we want to focus and put a lot of energy into this aspect.

We do not want to limit our field of operations to anything, we're artists that work on this in their free time, it's an hobby and we work
on what we want, when we feel it.

At the moment we have ready the base characters of UK, US and Ger and we're working on weapons.

Probably we're gonna release an alpha build when we'll finish the base weapons for the three factions.

We'd like to introduce new features wherever possible, the only one we have for now is the bolt action functionality (manual and automatic).

If you have any idea, especially in this field, feel free to post them.

If you want to help us and speed up the project we're looking for:
- animators
- modelers
- texture artists
- sounds maker

Some wip screens:

Team

Configuration / Script
Giallustio
A3MFr33d0m

3D Design / Texture
Lodu
Hawk_Silk
Freelancer
tommy_mc
Nytech
Jeast
zvetraly_kamen

Sound
Miska (tpM)

Map
Giallustio
Jegor

Research
Sauer

• Like 31

I'm very happy that such talented modders took the theme of WWII. I'm also glad that Lodu still on board. Models look really good, especially uniforms. Pouches on British soldier seem a little too big, unless it is a model MKIII. Now, on British soldier I see a turtle helmet. Do you planning helmet MKII?

• Like 2

Awesome work on the uniform models and textures! 

To me, it looks like you and the Westwall mod should talk to eachother :).

Awesome work on the uniform models and textures! 

To me, it looks like you and the Westwall mod should talk to eachother :).

Already done. They are too focus on late war in Germany, kinda hard to cooperate sadly.

@vintorez

The mk2 is already in game! I didn't show everything ;)

• Like 1

Looks good! I started a second world war mod (Based on the Battle of Crete) a while back, but I lost interest after a little while because I was on my own and I lacked the modeling and texturing background to really pull it off.

I unfortunately lost all the work I had done to a computer formatting.

What year/theatre of war are you basing it on? Western Europe 1944?

If you need some help with research or making example missions let me know, otherwise I don't think I'm too useful to you :unsure:

Good Luck!

Not to sound like I'm bashing mod-makers who refuse to post screens, but this is just wonderful. I've been waiting to see quality Brit uniforms for WWII for so long, and here they are! WIP no less! 11/10

Also, sick mann with the MG42 ammo slung over the shoulders. I always thought it was a major oversight in Iron Front that that was missing. 11/10

@vintorez

These are sten pouch are shown on this screen.

basic pouch, shorter, are also included.
  • Like 1

http://imgur.com/uoKPV4p

hi guys i think i already saw few ww2 mods for arma but most of them were buggy and unfinished, right now i am making model ( unfortunatelly its to complicated for arma3) gonna need to make it low poly to use it in the game tho and here is the progress

http://i.imgur.com/n08FUiD.jpg

feel free to inbox me or make a post on our facebook and i will get back to you just look for panthers arma 3

First I thought "oh great, yet ANOTHER ww2 mod" but your WIP screens are very impressive and now I have high hopes for you guys!

Sorry for my enthusiasm but it seems to me to be justified - I just can't stop looking at your screens. British uniform is really great. I'm very, very impressed. First post and right away you show so hot screens...

Ps. Lennard is right, it could be successful cooperation...

Sten Mk II, Bren, Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I. On Sten, weldings on butt and thickness of connection element with body - should look a little different. Besides it, the toys look very good. :thumb:

Qst5MOS.jpg

@vintorez

Thank you for the observation: I would correct the problem. :)

• Like 1

How many world war 2 mods for ARMA 3 do we got now?

If you guys not merge with another ww2 mod for arma 3 I would like to give you guys a suggestion to maby focus on the ww2 north africa campaign.
Nobody have done it or no one is working on it. And with desert maps/islands players will get very good FPS :)

• Like 2

How many world war 2 mods for ARMA 3 do we got now?

If you guys not merge with another ww2 mod for arma 3 I would like to give you guys a suggestion to maby focus on the ww2 north africa campaign.

Nobody have done it or no one is working on it. And with desert maps/islands players will get very good FPS :)

here is a good suggestion, why not fix ironfront A3 mod win win.

• Like 1

here is a good suggestion, why not fix ironfront A3 mod win win.

If they wanted, they would have done. Especially, they already have done a lot for the IFA3. Sorry for off topic but I want to say that IFA3 has still great potential, and unfortunately is still treated as an unwanted child. It's pity for the fans which I rank among. But at the same time I really appreciate the fact that Giallustio and Lodu want to give something that will be made by them, something quite new.

My community regularly plays IFA3 and we have no problems at all. The mod is brilliant. 

This one is looking like it's going to be epic too.

If you are considering desert campaign I started work on Italian tanks which I am happy to give you if they are of any use

semovente italian tank destroyer

wPsIQZu.png

L3 light tank

bT9eCi3.png

• Like 1

Thank you Skelig! I think we already have it, but I'll check about it! Thank you very much for your offer!

About IFA3, once and for all.

IFA3 is not free, this one is.

To be honest the projects started as an addition to IFA3, but as soon as the assets numbers and quality grew up, we decided to make it stand-alone.

You can always play it with IF, factions and units will be compatible with IF.

I won't talk about IFA3 in this topic anymore, there's one about it and there could be some news soon, but end of transmissions

• Like 2